College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

On 5/15/2019 at 9:09 PM, Derek said:

Type is ok, the rest looks like an amateur concept for an energy drink.

Classic example of a small Division I that wants to be a big Division I blowing huge money on a "design firm" that has no experience in the actual production of this product. 

Those aren't even the real basketball uniforms...really, no different than any concept poster here, except that Duquesne paid them a ton of money.  Nike didn't have their hands on this, and neither did the Nike dealer that the university uses.

19 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

LIU is starting from scratch--merged institution, new nickname, new colors (blue and gold).

Wait, when did this happen?  And why are they dropping Blackbirds?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

10 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

It's light blue and yellow though. Like UCLA. that's a cool combo, not over used. I woulda went Green/Light Blue. Only Tulane has that. 

Actually light blue has various shades in itself.  UCLA and Chargers are a bit darker, Southern U and UNC is more powder blue.  If it's powder blue, I can dig it.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

4 hours ago, Volt said:

Classic example of a small Division I that wants to be a big Division I blowing huge money on a "design firm" that has no experience in the actual production of this product. 

Those aren't even the real basketball uniforms...really, no different than any concept poster here, except that Duquesne paid them a ton of money.  Nike didn't have their hands on this, and neither did the Nike dealer that the university uses.

Yup. The presentation was nicely done, however, when you get down to it, the actual work is garbage.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:09 PM, Derek said:

Type is ok, the rest looks like an amateur concept for an energy drink.

So they're DePaul now? This is horrific. 

Edit: the new logos are horrific...not your comment or opinion. I thought the logos would be quoted in my reply.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

21 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Not going to lie, this is one of the boldest rebrands I've ever seen for a college -- super comprehensive, albiet kind of all over the place. But I find it beautiful. That court is amazing. They're going to stand out, for sure. 

Agree with this. I am super impressed with the amount of detail they went into building a BRAND. Not just refreshing logos, they created patterns, lines of movement, etc. that translate across all mediums (jerseys, courts, helmets, the likes). Yes, the standalone "D" logo needs to be looked at, possibly changed a little, but if it isn't then that's fine too, I still believe they have a strong brand and people will get over the "doesn't look like a D on first glance" aspect. There's now no mistaking its Duquesne.

• Like 1

Definitely looks to be refined. Typically it seems they use a double outline or a thick outline. The spacing between the serifs above the "W" is now the same width, it looks like. More balanced.

"old":

s-l1000.jpg

Also note the "arch" within the "F".

• Like 2

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |