Alliance of American Football - Team Names and Logos

WideRight

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, crosfam said:

My guess is we get a black vs purple game today and white vs silver game next week. To me the lack of home and away sets makes the leage less serious. 

Let's be honest, the tradition of home and away uniforms in North American sports is fading away. All we can hope for is a decent contrast between teams' uniforms.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Just now, 4_tattoos said:

Let's be honest, the tradition of home and away uniforms in North American sports is fading away. All we can hope for is a decent contrast between teams' uniforms.

Black vs. purple would not be a decent contrast. 

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

Black vs. purple would not be a decent contrast. 

I said hope for. Hopes don't necessarily happen lol.

But who knows, there's still a slight change B'ham breaks out a white or gray jersey for today's game before the first snap.

On 2/24/2019 at 11:11 AM, crosfam said:

My guess is we get a black vs purple game today and white vs silver game next week. To me the lack of home and away sets makes the leage less serious. 

On 2/24/2019 at 1:03 PM, 4_tattoos said:

I said hope for. Hopes don't necessarily happen lol.

But who knows, there's still a slight change B'ham breaks out a white or gray jersey for today's game before the first snap.

Yup. Black vs purple. Not as bad as last week but feels cheap and wrong to me. 

53 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Color vs. color strains my eyes. I’m sure I’m not alone. 

(I have 20/20 vision, BTW.)

Depends on the particular uniforms. Last week's SD/ATL game was difficult for me to watch. However I had no problems when SD played San Antonio in week 1.

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yeah, I was going to say. Home and road sets aren’t going away just because the NBA got stupid with their jerseys. 

The NFL is also making tentative steps away from the traditional color v white, home and away uniform sets.  

The NBA just went all world-football first. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know there's a subset of members of this board that gets all chubby at the thought of color v color football, but with a few notable exceptions (OK, maybe just one... UCLA/USC) I think it sucks.

Personally, I enjoy color v color football, but I think that’s only because it’s a departure from the norm. USC/UCLA is amazing and I liked it when Georgia/Florida and Oregon/Oregon State did it a few years back. That said, if color v color was every game, every week, it would start to lose what makes it special. Keep it rare and with good contrast. And not in monochrome, but I don’t think that needs to be said

As for the AAF only having one jersey per team (except for Memphis apparently), I initially didn’t mind it. I thought everyone would be fine, contrast wise with a couple exceptions. But I heard a comparison that changed my mind. I was talking to my dad, watching San Antonio and San Diego and he asked why they both had on dark jerseys. I told him because the league only has one set per team and he said “So the league is too poor to buy a second jersey for the teams?” He’s probably not the only person to jump to that conclusion. It would definitely help the league get a more professional appearance if they had one team in white🤷‍♂️

Archived