NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's so weird seeing the old 90's Cavaliers stuff again after it had been banished for years. It brings me back to my childhood and it's funny I say that considering most of the Classic uniforms this season will be nostalgic as hell for me and I assume many others.

I felt the same way watching the Jazz tonight on the mountain court in their matching jerseys.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

The Jazz court looked so good last night. The 90's NBA was such a treasure.

The funny thing is that in the moment, people thought the 90s looks were garish and ugly. It's kind of why not many (none?) of the big 90s redesigns endured.

One of my biggest critiques of the Nike City movement is that they don't give some of all these alts room to breathe. I think the Utah desert look could replace their main set. OKC's alt could probably replace their main set. Orlando's galaxy jersey was perfect. Most of those looks will be shunted away in a year or two though; they're disposable and replaceable.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 10/25/2019 at 12:53 PM, kimball said:

I could live with that.

I think the only reason why black and silver have been around is for the 3-D streaks on the current Knicks logo. Simplify that and call it good.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifqq6jhhi515f6i5d38errfwyr1.gif

Love that bottom version of the logo. I miss it a lot. It’s richer and makes the top one look like a sun faded bumper sticker.

Honestly I’ve come to actually like the rockets jerseys now. I like the path that they’re going with rather than that arrow/chevron style they had. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I honestly love the rockets white jerseys and i’ll put them in top 5 for me. Their red jerseys are meh. But the whites are so clean yet so bright and bold. How the stripes on the side curves down onto the shorts satisfies me a lot. Like there’s nothing tacky about them

IMG-7122.gif

The purple and teal CHA Hornets jerseys would look a whole lot cooler if the didn't say "CHA" across the front.

The rest of the site is pretty nice though.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If the Jazz instagram posts over the weekend are any indication, they will be using 90’s logos for their opponents in their game and score posts for classic edition games:

It has really been awesome to see these again. These are the very first Jazz uniforms I remember (they rebranded when I was 4), and it’s been nothing but a fun nostalgic rush since they’ve been released and worn. Lots of good memories coming back, and hopefully some good ones made in them this year.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

18 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

If the Jazz instagram posts over the weekend are any indication, they will be using 90’s logos for their opponents in their game and score posts for classic edition games:

It has really been awesome to see these again. These are the very first Jazz uniforms I remember (they rebranded when I was 4), and it’s been nothing but a fun nostalgic rush since they’ve been released and worn. Lots of good memories coming back, and hopefully some good ones made in them this year.

Nothing better than teams fully embracing the "Throwback" aspect of the jerseys and using '90s-style graphics and logos, even for the opponent.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

These:spacer.pngAre better than these:

spacer.pngBut not as good as these:spacer.png

Agreed, although I think the updated Statement set is just a couple tweaks away from being better than last season’s Earned uniform as well. I think the sash on the statement set is better than that thin sash on the Earned uniform, and also think the Portland word mark is better for the red uniform since it’s a more regularly used alternate and the Rip City wordmark should only be used on the City sets IMO. Another thing that’s better about the new Statement set is that the shorts logo is now the full color Pinwheel rather than the monochrome version on last year’s Earned set. Really the only thing the new Statement set needs is either solid black arm hole and collar trim or black arm hole/collar trim with a thin white stripe to mimic the sash. Maybe a thin black stroke around the word mark, too, and make the swoosh white. Otherwise it’s a really solid look for them and a great improvement over the now-old Statement set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I was a considerable bit older than 4, and while I know they get mixed reviews, I loved them. I was, and never will be, thrilled about the use of teal (the 2nd most 90s "sellout" color after BFBS), but for me these were the first "Utah" jerseys. The team FINALLY had its own identity instead of continuing the New Orleans set (which I thought was boring at the time), and that really meant a lot to me as a young fan.

I'd love to see the Jazz replace the word mark on these uniforms and the 90s logo with the classic music note word mark. That would encapsulate their entire history nicely. 

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

3 hours ago, GMW79 said:

I'd love to see the Jazz replace the word mark on these uniforms and the 90s logo with the classic music note word mark. That would encapsulate their entire history nicely. 

Ehhhhh ... nah ... these have a time and a place, but not WITH the Jazz note.

The Jazz marketing team are top notch. They really GET it.

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

These:spacer.pngAre better than these:

spacer.pngBut not as good as these:spacer.png

I personally disagree. I like their last years statement more because of the low contrast. The white line feels kinda random and the white text and numbers kind of pop out too much and over shine the black stripe in my opinion. 

IMG-7122.gif

Raptors Throwing Back Tonight, Wearing Classic Dino Uniforms

October 28, 2019 - 14:28 PM

The Toronto Raptors are bringing it all the way back to the very beginning tonight when they début their “Classic Edition” 1995 white throwback uniforms against the Orlando Magic. The uniforms are based on what the team wore at home […]

Read More...

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

I personally disagree. I like their last years statement more because of the low contrast. The white line feels kinda random and the white text and numbers kind of pop out too much and over shine the black stripe in my opinion. 

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. Sure, I like contrast, but I don't think it's ALWAYS needed into today's world of high definition technology. I liked the old statement jerseys and the new ones are ok. But, if I had to chose between the two ... give me the old ones.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. Sure, I like contrast, but I don't think it's ALWAYS needed into today's world of high definition technology. I liked the old statement jerseys and the new ones are ok. But, if I had to chose between the two ... give me the old ones.

I don’t think contrast is always necessary either, but in the Blazers’ case the old red and black Statements just never looked quite right IMO. I actually grew to like them quite a bit, but I always felt like they needed a splash of white to really look like a proper Blazers red uniform. They’ve had some great red uniforms in the past, and the old Statements just didn’t quite fit in with all of those past looks. The new Statements, while not perfect, just look more like a Blazers uniform to me, and the balance between black and white accents brings it more in line with the franchise’s past red uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived