NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, iBrockely said:

When did the stripes stop going around the jersey arm holes all the way?
I was watching the Knicks game last night and i just noticed it.

When did that start? it looks stupid.

When Nike took over in 2017. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, kimball said:

That's just adorable.

I bet he wrote a semi-autobiographical screenplay about losing his virginity at one wild and unforgettable summer camp. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the half arm hole things actually serve a purpose rather than for looks. It seems like it’s cut out so that it could tailor better and not have the arm hole sag like how it did in the old days?

edit: I found this from an article B3-C05-A57-C0-A5-4-EC0-A452-DB5-F78651-E

IMG-7122.gif

4 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

I think the half arm hole things actually serve a purpose rather than for looks. It seems like it’s cut out so that it could tailor better and not have the arm hole sag like how it did in the old days?

edit: I found this from an article B3-C05-A57-C0-A5-4-EC0-A452-DB5-F78651-E

It's true, but the functionality of it does not appease the sports logo boards.

Similar functionality is seen in the Nike shorts which sit better on the legs and allow more free movement, but it jacks up the stripes. 

59 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

It's true, but the functionality of it does not appease the sports logo boards.

Similar functionality is seen in the Nike shorts which sit better on the legs and allow more free movement, but it jacks up the stripes. 

Maybe, but it's still not an explanation as to why Nike couldn't just continue the striping even with the new cut. Except of course that this allows the panel of the Nike template to stand out. A Nike template that I'm willing to bet a sizeable amount of cash will be changed within 5 years and have to again alter teams designs for some new groundbreaking improvement in comfort and performance

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Speaking of arm trim, it's really starting to bug me that there's always a sliver of the base color of the jersey poking out outside of the trim, because arm trim isn't really the cuff and they're just layers of fabric superimposed over the jersey. Looks really sloppy and unprofessional.

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Speaking of arm trim, it's really starting to bug me that there's always a sliver of the base color of the jersey poking out outside of the trim, because arm trim isn't really the cuff and they're just layers of fabric superimposed over the jersey. Looks really sloppy and unprofessional.

spacer.png

It’s a good and bad thing. It’s good because for teams like the clippers and their city editions or the bucks with their statements they can intentionally show off a thin line of color outside the arm hole. Personally I don’t really notice or care about it. I do like how the arm holes now fit players so smoothly and “tightly”

IMG-7122.gif

15 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Knicks just need to ditch silver entirely.

True. It's never done anything other than muddy their brand.

Blue and orange are good colors! They should believe in them and let them be.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Knicks just need to ditch silver entirely.

As much as I hate BFBS, I think it worked well for the Knicks with the orange and blue.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I've always thought the Statue of Liberty-inspired shade of green that their WNBA team uses would also be a decent tertiary color for the Knicks if they absolutely have to have one. However, I don't have an issue with the silver trim in their current uniforms. It's not really necessary, but it still doesn't bother me.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, kimball said:

As much as I hate BFBS, I think it worked well for the Knicks with the orange and blue.

Both black and silver are unneeded. Like @DG_Now said, blue and orange is a strong colour combo. It's all they need. 

24 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Both black and silver are unneeded. Like @DG_Now said, blue and orange is a strong colour combo. It's all they need. 

I could live with that.

I think the only reason why black and silver have been around is for the 3-D streaks on the current Knicks logo. Simplify that and call it good.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifqq6jhhi515f6i5d38errfwyr1.gif

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've always thought the Statue of Liberty-inspired shade of green that their WNBA team uses would also be a decent tertiary color for the Knicks if they absolutely have to have one.

You mean think outside the box and use a rarely used color?  Good luck with that. 

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've always thought the Statue of Liberty-inspired shade of green that their WNBA team uses would also be a decent tertiary color for the Knicks if they absolutely have to have one. However, I don't have an issue with the silver trim in their current uniforms. It's not really necessary, but it still doesn't bother me.

The Liberty are now the sister organization of the Nets under the ownership of Joseph Tsai. I love their green too, and I hope they don't mess with their look too much when they move to Brooklyn.

As for the Knicks, they could have a really nice look if they built off of their alternate logo, but the primary logo, like their fanbase, is stuck in the 90s 😛.

NBA Twitter Team Emoji Hashtags 2019-2020

October 25, 2019 - 20:04 PM

Another season and another round of NBA Twitter team emoji hashtags. A few new ones for 2019-2020, Boston thankfully dropped #CUsRise and the Jazz brought back the much more used #TakeNote (over #TeamIsEverything). Here’s the complete list for this season. […]

Read More...

Archived