NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

49 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I'll give you Miami and Utah, but that Magic uniform was never really good. The star background could theoretically work as a base for an alternate, but the rest of it needs serious work.

To be fair, the star background is what I like about it. I don't really see the logo.

It's just literally the galaxy brain version of the McGrady-era set, which was the last time (galaxy-excepted) they embraced whimsy before they decided to go all collegiate and boring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suns black alternate has leaked. This is the 3rd iteration of this particular design, and the best looking of the 3 by far.

But, I am really getting tired of the "Los Suns" jersey. Go full spanish instead of the spanglish if we do a spanish jersey.

And then using the same jersey/uniform design and presenting it as new is weak.

The Suns have so many great throwback uniforms they could use from the past that would instantly be the best uniform in the rotation. Blows my mind.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

To be fair, the star background is what I like about it. I don't really see the logo.

It's just literally the galaxy brain version of the McGrady-era set, which was the last time (galaxy-excepted) they embraced whimsy before they decided to go all collegiate and boring.

Yeah, the secondary sperm cell logo did absolutely nothing for it. Replace it with an "Orlando" or "Magic" wordmark, center the front number, and switch the shoulder and neck trim to blue, and it could work.

35 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Suns black alternate has leaked. This is the 3rd iteration of this particular design, and the best looking of the 3 by far.

But, I am really getting tired of the "Los Suns" jersey. Go full spanish instead of the spanglish if we do a spanish jersey.

The Suns have so many great throwback uniforms they could use from the past that would instantly be the best uniform in the rotation. Blows my mind.

spacer.png

This is basically what I expect from Nike and the NBA now. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I'll give you Miami and Utah, but that Magic uniform was never really good. The star background could theoretically work as a base for an alternate, but the rest of it needs serious work.

That galaxy uni, with the new NASA-esque ORL wordmark (leaked, not yet unveiled) would look pretty good...and probably better if it was ORLANDO. 

_____

Pretty sure I saw a Suns fan in the crowd (as I watched the Clippers/Suns game on TV) wearing the new Suns City jersey...the black did look nice on TV (whereas it looks gray in the photo).  However, as OatsMustFlow said, slapping Los Suns on year after year seems really lazy when there are better options. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/25/2019 at 12:59 AM, anythinglogos said:

Speaking of arm trim, it's really starting to bug me that there's always a sliver of the base color of the jersey poking out outside of the trim, because arm trim isn't really the cuff and they're just layers of fabric superimposed over the jersey. Looks really sloppy and unprofessional.

spacer.png

I think... I think you've just ruined basketball jerseys for me.

Best Nike uni: Miami Vice white.  I'd love anything in those colors.

I liked the idea of the stars design for the Magic, but design could use some work. You either go all space or none, don't half-ass it.

I wasn't an NBA fan at the time, but I thought those Spanish alts were stupid: Los Suns, Los Bulls, etc.  At least the SJ Sharks translated the whole name.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

3 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

spacer.png

I'm sure it's been said here before but in Spanish, proper nouns don't get translated. So "Los Suns" is technically correct. 

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I think it looks like a fun CYO design, which is probably perfect for the Boston area. Still ugly though.

Best NBA statement jerseys:

Orlando-Magic-Mens-City-Edition-NBA-Bask

hwl?set=sku%5B21005714%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4

s-l1000.jpg

ff_2908940alt1_full.jpg&w=900

Each of those should replace the main set. And those are the only successes of the City program. Miami's gone through three iterations of the Vice set now, showing they're reading to go with home/away/alt. They really need to make it so.

Maybe I’m biased but I’d throw in the pelicans city editions last year too. Those were a huge hit down here probably the best selling jersey in a one year span I’ve seen in a while. (Also the only statement jersey shown in there are the thunder, rest are city editions)

IMG-7122.gif

10 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Maybe I’m biased but I’d throw in the pelicans city editions last year too. Those were a huge hit down here probably the best selling jersey in a one year span I’ve seen in a while. (Also the only statement jersey shown in there are the thunder, rest are city editions)

Is that the NOLA jersey? If so, yeah, I can see why that would be a big hit. Utah won't cede New Orleans the Jazz name, but now that they've found something better, they should cede the colors.

And I highlighted "Statement" because I refuse to use Nike's dumb nomenclature any more than I have to. I get the City concept, and think if they went with Home/Road/City, it'd be a home run. But, as I understand, "statement" is sometimes the traditional road, sometimes a throwback, sometimes something else. I don't want to participate.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, tinierrumble449 said:

I think... I think you've just ruined basketball jerseys for me.

Could it be a silver undershirt peeking out?

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

Could it be a silver undershirt peeking out?

Unfortunately no. In 2013 gray was added to the color pallet as a complimentary color (a weird trend for that season as a whopping 17 teams had some form of gray or silver in their color wheel) to their updated brand. Most teams used this as a weird outline for their primary logo (see Jazz below), but the Knicks took it a step further by adding it to their uniforms. They have yet to fixed it. Did I mention lately how much I hate New York's current uniforms?spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

22 minutes ago, ZooBlazer said:

Just noticed that LockerVision doesn't have the Blazers statement uniform correct. The numbers should be white and the shorts logo should just be the regular logo, while the one in the image looks like an all white version.

spacer.png

The waistband logo isn’t right, either. The “rip” in ripcity should be black.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The best "city/statement" jersey. The cream was right on point and this should be in Bucks' permanent rotation. The shorts design wasn't very good, though. The current black version of this is needless, and I hate the current black trend.

ff_2821554alt2_full.jpg&w=900

Archived