NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

8 hours ago, kimball said:

Speaking of NOBs, I miss the customized looks that differentiated teams ... much like the warmups. I wish Nike and the NBA would bring some of that back.

11781727%5D,sizedata%5B200x400%5D&call=u9836159%5D,sizedata%5B200x400%5D&call=ur61pTMZXmufL._SX425_.jpg 

These are 2 of 3 of my favorite players growing up aside from Jordan and Pippen. Alvin Robertson and Drazen Petrovic. Unfortunately both careers ended tragically (Robertson though made me lose all respect for him as a human). 

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

What will it take for the NBA to allow teams to do whatever they want with their uni's, not going thru nike? 

It would take the end of revenue sharing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

What will it take for the NBA to allow teams to do whatever they want with their uni's, not going thru nike? 

A miracle.  Honestly, the only way Nike won't have the NBA, NFL and MLB is if they flat out don't want them.  Nobody else can compete dollar wise.  UA screwed themselves with their ridiculous college deals they gave out so they're out of the picture for a long time.  Adidas seems to want to concentrate on other interests.  It's pretty much a monopoly at this point.

4 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

The Zenni logo just looks bad for uniform integration no matter how you slice it. It’s just less egregious when it’s in the Bulls’ colors. Still not as bad as that damn Loves’ logo, though.

Should be what they used last year or in black. Gross.

usa_today_12005127.0.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

17 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

I think as long as you have an "official supplier of apparel" you're going to have less say by the teams and more from the company, whether it be Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc

16 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Teams *do* do whatever they want with their uniforms. If the Knicks want a navy FDNY inspired jersey, like the one from two years ago? Nike will make it happen. If they want a pink and brown uniform, for some reason? Nike may say "you know, maybe we should do something else", but in the end, if the team wants it, it will happen.

15 hours ago, kimball said:

I think it boils down to some teams are more involved with others. I think teams like Utah, Miami and Philly are more involved with the creative process where as teams like Detroit, Washington and Chicago have kinda gone with whatever Nike makes them. But, I think there are teams like Boston, San Antonio and New York fairly status quo and haven’t been too keen on letting Nike get too crazy with their look.

But, if you’re talking about what they wear from game to game ... I think Nike and teams work together on a schedule to maximize sales. Let’s be honest here.

14 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It would take the end of revenue sharing.

13 hours ago, mjd77 said:

A miracle.  Honestly, the only way Nike won't have the NBA, NFL and MLB is if they flat out don't want them.  Nobody else can compete dollar wise.  UA screwed themselves with their ridiculous college deals they gave out so they're out of the picture for a long time.  Adidas seems to want to concentrate on other interests.  It's pretty much a monopoly at this point.

I agree with what everyone is saying, at the end of the day I just wanna see good ideas. The status quo and underwhelmingness of teams like Orlando, San Antonio, and Detroit just feels like waves hitting the beach at this point. Hands down Ive seen concepts on here that would blow those current atrocities out of the water. Lets not for get that black side panels on those Lakers jerseys, wth. 

9 minutes ago, bcon_731 said:

I agree with what everyone is saying, at the end of the day I just wanna see good ideas. The status quo and underwhelmingness of teams like Orlando, San Antonio, and Detroit just feels like waves hitting the beach at this point. Hands down Ive seen concepts on here that would blow those current atrocities out of the water. Lets not for get that black side panels on those Lakers jerseys, wth. 

Part of the problem is that, for a lot of teams (particularly the ones built on simple, classically inspired brands), there simply aren't enough worthwhile ideas to churn out three new uniforms a year.

That's not so much a problem with the team or the manufacturer as it is with the entire NBA ecosystem's annual profit expectations.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Zenni’s logo in other avenues has always been cyan. This is a bit of a natural brand creep. Start with a white and black logo. By year 3, go back to your core color.  By year 4-5, we’ll probably see a cyan bulls jersey and red zenni logo. Nike will be creating jerseys based on their sponsorships colors and wishes. 

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Part of the problem is that, for a lot of teams (particularly the ones built on simple, classically inspired brands), there simply aren't enough worthwhile ideas to churn out three new uniforms a year.

That's not so much a problem with the team or the manufacturer as it is with the entire NBA ecosystem's annual profit expectations.

fair point, but wouldnt you think as along as the talent playing does well that'll generate revenue. But wouldn't you agree some of those ideas are at their best lack luster, i.e Detroit's chrone uni's and the "big spur" set,  couldnt just a fiesta uni make a bit of a difference. 

On 8/13/2019 at 7:57 PM, Shadojoker said:

These are 2 of 3 of my favorite players growing up aside from Jordan and Pippen. Alvin Robertson and Drazen Petrovic. Unfortunately both careers ended tragically (Robertson though made me lose all respect for him as a human). 

Side Note:

Yeah....on that Robertson thing. I'd check into that. Apparently the charges brought against him were dropped and found to be false.

No thar's out the way. Back to your regularly scheduled programming 😁.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

3 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

What’s “atrocious” about the Magic or Spurs? 

ExJworW.png

6 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

What’s “atrocious” about the Magic or Spurs? 

Rehashed, old ideas. And those rumblings of those orange themed magic set. Seems like their banking on the absurd to quart interest, but I am willing to seem the final product. 

Archived