College Football 2019

29texan

Just now, RavNavWizBay said:

Was just about to post this! The font is a huge upgrade--the current font is just outdated and verging on illegible. I suppose color scheme depends on your preference. A lot of people don't like the switch away from "Old Gold" or "Vegas Gold" because the gold helmets are likely going away. But I think the color scheme is much cleaner and more consistent, so I'm a fan.

Personally, I find it ridiculous they are considering moving away from the gold helmets, as it is iconic to the brand, but I suppose the metallic gold clashes too much with the "Old Gold." The old gold is more consistent with the school's official colors, so from a branding standpoint its probably a good choice.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BearW17hNoName said:

The Baylor Bears have been teasing new uniforms. If the graphics being used are any indication, it seems like the team is switching from Vegas gold back to a more traditional gold. The number font has also received a few tweaks, making the numbers less jagged and more rounded.spacer.png

The countdown to the end of neon begins.  😢

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

1 hour ago, BearW17hNoName said:

The Baylor Bears have been teasing new uniforms. If the graphics being used are any indication, it seems like the team is switching from Vegas gold back to a more traditional gold. The number font has also received a few tweaks, making the numbers less jagged and more rounded.spacer.png

Rounded MSU font? Yeesh..

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Anything except a white helmet for Arizona seems wrong. 

navy and white are the only helmets they need (if they want multiple). Red can go away forever and I'd shed no tears. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

Rounded MSU font? Yeesh..

PSA: Not every font with a bevel notch it MSU's font. 

Baylor's primary wordmark actually has these same notches in them so it makes sense. And their current number font is awful so i welcome this change. 

Also, moving away from what now will be known as the Briles Era identity makes sense. 

5 hours ago, BearW17hNoName said:

Personally, I find it ridiculous they are considering moving away from the gold helmets, as it is iconic to the brand, but I suppose the metallic gold clashes too much with the "Old Gold." The old gold is more consistent with the school's official colors, so from a branding standpoint its probably a good choice.

Makes sense why they eliminated gold helmets this past season.

5 hours ago, BearW17hNoName said:

Just a little friendly PSA for type designers: rhythm is a hugely important quality of good typography. When you add speed nicks or bevel notches or whatever you want to call these, it *reeeally* helps the rhythm when they all “flow” the same direction. Just looking at what’s here, the numbers on a player wearing 39 are going to look like they’re fighting each other, while the numbers on a player wearing 93 are going to look like they’re running away from each other. That 4 is really dense as well.

“If you ain’t learnin’ how to get better, you’re just sittin’ around gettin’ worse.”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Just a little friendly PSA for type designers: rhythm is a hugely important quality of good typography. When you add speed nicks or bevel notches or whatever you want to call these, it *reeeally* helps the rhythm when they all “flow” the same direction. Just looking at what’s here, the numbers on a player wearing 39 are going to look like they’re fighting each other, while the numbers on a player wearing 93 are going to look like they’re running away from each other. That 4 is really dense as well.

“If you ain’t learnin’ how to get better, you’re just sittin’ around gettin’ worse.”

God damn it. I was happy with this font. Then you had to go and say that. Now I can't unsee that and it's gonna bother me until they change it again 😂

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

God damn it. I was happy with this font. Then you had to go and say that. Now I can't unsee that and it's gonna bother me until they change it again 😂

I like it, too. I just think it can be better. You really gotta nail it to impress me, though, for better or worse. 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

PSA: Not every font with a bevel notch it MSU's font. 

Baylor's primary wordmark actually has these same notches in them so it makes sense. And their current number font is awful so i welcome this change. 

Also, moving away from what now will be known as the Briles Era identity makes sense. 

Arbitrary notches in number fonts to make them “unique” have become very popular ever since Michigan State started doing it back in 2010. The 3 and 9 even have the exact same notches. Feels like every irrelevant team is turning to them nowadays to “stand out”, but MSU is definitely the prototype for them. They’ve gotten very hackneyed at this point, especially since they have since put MSU’s font exactly as it is in the catalog.

3 hours ago, Gupti said:

Arbitrary notches in number fonts to make them “unique” have become very popular ever since Michigan State started doing it back in 2010. The 3 and 9 even have the exact same notches. Feels like every irrelevant team is turning to them nowadays to “stand out”, but MSU is definitely the prototype for them. They’ve gotten very hackneyed at this point, especially since they have since put MSU’s font exactly as it is in the catalog.

Yeah i definitely feel like the notches are overdone. And even in this case i feel like they extend too far. 

When i imagine these notches, i see them as "shadows" as part of fully beveled characters. Therefore they shouldn't extend past the halfway mark of the stroke. These extend past the midway mark and kinda ruin the point of my perceived bevels. Sorry if this was too wordy and confusing. 

Archived