College Football 2019

29texan

7 hours ago, guest23 said:

they really need to differentiate themselves from oklahoma...they don't need to be over the top modern but select a distinct traditional identity and stick with it.

The photos of the new alternate that were released had some odd lighting that caused me to initially think the pants were grey.. I thought it looked good then, and still think it could be a nice way to differentiate from Oklahoma

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

The photos of the new alternate that were released had some odd lighting that caused me to initially think the pants were grey.. I thought it looked good then, and still think it could be a nice way to differentiate from Oklahoma

I wouldn't be opposed to that. I thought Arkansas' Dallas Cowboys-inspired uniforms looked good, and using their cardinal helmet would help differentiate themselves from a school like Ohio State at first glance.

10 hours ago, guest23 said:

they really need to differentiate themselves from oklahoma...they don't need to be over the top modern but select a distinct traditional identity and stick with it.

That is our traditional identity though which is why our fan base wants it back. We wore a variation of this uniform, minus the Arkansas script, from the late 50’s to ‘93. When Nutt was here and brought in the “McFadden” uniforms he was just really bringing our tradition back with a tweak. Petrino blew that up when he came in and wanted to go modern with them and we’ve been stuck in a ever revolving two year cycle of new uniform designs ever since. 

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

I wouldn't be opposed to that. I thought Arkansas' Dallas Cowboys-inspired uniforms looked good, and using their cardinal helmet would help differentiate themselves from a school like Ohio State at first glance.

I think the issue with gray is that msu and atm have gone the gray pant route, granted they are maroon but it does not put them apart... I don't know if ark needs an accent color but their basketball color has used black trim on and off so that could be reasonable...at this point just by changing the font of the wordmark or deleting it outright is an improvement...also find a different striping pattern for the pants and you at least have a start.

1 minute ago, guest23 said:

I think the issue with gray is that msu and atm have gone the gray pant route, granted they are maroon but it does not put them apart... I don't know if ark needs an accent color but their basketball color has used black trim on and off so that could be reasonable...at this point just by changing the font of the wordmark or deleting it outright is an improvement...also find a different striping pattern for the pants and you at least have a start.

I honestly wouldn't group Texas A&M and Mississippi State with Arkansas in terms of colors because maroon is much darker than cardinal. They're both a shade of red, of course, and the majority of people don't notice the difference, but Arkansas using gray as an accent color would still be considerably different from A&M and MSU in my eyes. Crimson (Alabama, Oklahoma) is closer to cardinal (Arkansas) on the scale anyway. 

Switching gears, here's Ohio State's uniform with the CFB150 patch: 

4 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I honestly wouldn't group Texas A&M and Mississippi State with Arkansas in terms of colors because maroon is much darker than cardinal. They're both a shade of red, of course, and the majority of people don't notice the difference, but Arkansas using gray as an accent color would still be considerably different from A&M and MSU in my eyes. Crimson (Alabama, Oklahoma) is closer to cardinal (Arkansas) on the scale anyway. 

Switching gears, here's Ohio State's uniform with the CFB150 patch: 

Looks like that 150 patch is pretty fugly on most of the jerseys I've seen so far.  

Why couldn't they have done a helmet sticker like the 100th anniversary?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Looks like that 150 patch is pretty fugly on most of the jerseys I've seen so far.  

Why couldn't they have done a helmet sticker like the 100th anniversary?

A better badeg would've helped too. Some teams wore the 125th patches all the way down to NAIA, not sure why only FBS teams are wearing them this time.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

A better badeg would've helped too. Some teams wore the 125th patches all the way down to NAIA, not sure why only FBS teams are wearing them this time.

FBS and FCS are wearing the badge. D2 and D3 are wearing the decals.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Just down the street from my apartment, Tennessee Tech revealed their new uniforms today:

Below is the Golden Eagles's look from last year. Personally, I'm not a fan of the change. The last set wasn't too fancy, but it worked. The new set already looks dated by comparison, the #WingsUp on the bumper is tacky (At least just put WINGS UP and be done with it), the small sleeve stripes are useless

Gist_SpringGame_banner.jpg

Huner_TSU_banner.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

6 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I wouldn’t say the patch design looks bad — unless it’s a team without white on the uniform already (see Michigan). It’s much better than what teams wore for the 125th anniversary in 1994, too. I’d probably say it’s intrusive instead, but what additional patch wouldn’t be? Bowl game patches have the same impact.

Last year's TTU uniforms are basically a clone of LSU.  I can get why they may want separation, but it's a pretty good look.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived