College Football 2019

29texan

On 7/11/2019 at 8:21 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Never liked for Arizona State's pitchfork logo. Honestly would prefer if they used their old interlocking "AS" logo over that. Don't dislike Sparky, just prefer the AS logo.

Isn't the AS baseball-only, though?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JellyKs said:

Will FSU ever update their uniforms?

Unless they're going back to the previous set, I hope they don't, most they should do is change the numerals on the garnet jerseys to white.

I don't trust a new design.

13 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Where I work at Newberry College in SC, we got some new custom Adidas pants in the other day.. apparently shiny "dazzle" material DOES exist!

spacer.png

did it ever go away?? I thought they just got moved to the back of the catalog because the dazzle nylon was deemed old tech and did not wick moisture enough to meet the demands of high performance athletes...I would be curious to know the weight difference between those and and the contemporary matte pants if you have a scale handy.

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

That’s a photoshop. Look closely near the ball. (Not to mention his numbers are tucked/creased in the exact same spot in both photos)

definitely a fake.. i dont think i would mind this as a one-off alternate if they decided to go this way in the future; there was a "rumor" last year that they might do an alternate

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

5 hours ago, guest23 said:

did it ever go away?? I thought they just got moved to the back of the catalog because the dazzle nylon was deemed old tech and did not wick moisture enough to meet the demands of high performance athletes...I would be curious to know the weight difference between those and and the contemporary matte pants if you have a scale handy.

Well, they're pretty much front and center of the catalog in this particular case.. so I'm not sure anything really got moved anywhere.. they just aren't pushed by Adidas as much as the A1 PrimeKnit stuff..

I think it has much more to do with each company wanting to create "proprietary" fabrics that offer (essentially the same) different technologies and benefits, although it's pretty obvious that it's all just marketing talk..

As for the moisture-wicking properties, I spent about a year working with a small apparel company, and I learned that a fabric's ability to wick moisture is due largely to a chemical treatment of the fabric, rather than the type of fabric itself.. obviously cotton is never going to perform as well as polyester or nylon, but you could treat the cotton and have a "moisture-wicking" cotton item.. so, don't be fooled by Nike's fancy words - they typically make things sound a lot better than they actually are.. 

Marshall Thundering Herd Introduce New Road Football Uniforms

July 25, 2019 - 18:47 PM

With fall camp and the start of the season right around the corner, college football teams typically take part in photo shoots that assist with various promotions and player introduction videos throughout the year. In some cases, these photo shoots […]

Read More...

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, Jetlodge said:

Howard unveils their new uniforms with more of an emphasis on blue and grey, relegating red to an accent color (well, more of an accent color than it already was)

Ugh. Not a fan of Howard's football team adopting silver/gray into their uniforms. Especially since silver has long been a color of their main rival Hampton.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

15 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Well, they're pretty much front and center of the catalog in this particular case.. so I'm not sure anything really got moved anywhere.. they just aren't pushed by Adidas as much as the A1 PrimeKnit stuff..

I think it has much more to do with each company wanting to create "proprietary" fabrics that offer (essentially the same) different technologies and benefits, although it's pretty obvious that it's all just marketing talk..

As for the moisture-wicking properties, I spent about a year working with a small apparel company, and I learned that a fabric's ability to wick moisture is due largely to a chemical treatment of the fabric, rather than the type of fabric itself.. obviously cotton is never going to perform as well as polyester or nylon, but you could treat the cotton and have a "moisture-wicking" cotton item.. so, don't be fooled by Nike's fancy words - they typically make things sound a lot better than they actually are.. 

To expand for those curious, a natural fiber like cotton is naturally hydrophilic (absorbs water) but that water doesn’t have anywhere to go because the evaporation rate (drying time) is slower than the absorption rate, thus the cotton becomes soaked and stays wet until the evaporation can catch up (essentially not until you’re done sweating or it stops raining or whatever the case is.

As mentioned, though, Cotton can be blended with other fibers and/or treated to become more hydrophobic (repels water). Essentially what happens is the treatment doesn’t allow the cotton to absorb as much water, resulting in a cotton that dries faster. Similarly, a cotton blended with a synthetic contains less cotton and therefore also absorbs less water. Cotton blends are softer than their full synthetic counterparts.

Synthetic fibers are naturally hydrophobic and absorb very little water compared to natural fibers, but that’s not ideal either because they don’t naturally absorb the water off the skin and as a result you end up very drippy underneath the fabric. Synthetic fibers are often treated with a hydrophilic coating to help pull the water off the skin, and because they’re naturally hydrophobic, the water tends to sit on the outside of the fiber where the sun and air can evaporate it.

Wool is by far the most interesting. As a natural fiber, it’s hydrophilic (even more absorbent than cotton), but because it’s essentially a hair, it’s not hollow and it’s able to hold the extra moisture in the center of the fiber. The outside of the fiber is actually quite hydrophobic (that’s why a wool hat or jacket takes much longer to become soaked, and why sheep and goats are well-adapted to rainy environments). Because the fibers hold water in the center, wool is also very fire resistant.

The structure of the fibers combined with the hybrid moisture control give wool unique thermal properties as well. The fibers are crimped so they don’t lay flat against one another. Rather, they create tiny air pockets throughout the fabric. Wool is a good insulator because these air pockets can trap heat very well. Conversely, the air pockets can also keep you cool in warm weather because as you sweat, the wool absorbs the sweat (but because the water is stored in the center, the wool doesn’t feel as wet on your skin as cotton), and the airflow through the pockets is cooled by the moisture in the fibers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 7/23/2019 at 8:53 AM, Jetlodge said:

Howard unveils their new uniforms with more of an emphasis on blue and grey, relegating red to an accent color (well, more of an accent color than it already was)

Here is the white version

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Sounds like the Ducks will be getting new uniforms this season after all. It’s unclear whether it’ll just be a couple of one-off uniforms or a brand new set altogether. There have been a few people on Twitter and reddit stating that it’s an all-new set and possibly even on a new template, but I’d still be a little surprised to see them abandon last year’s set after just one season. Last season’s set was reportedly designed with input from Willie Taggart during his one season with the Ducks, though, so it’s possible that Cristobal and/or the Oregon higher ups wanted to get away from that and have been working on another new set for this season. At the very least I’m expecting the helmets to stay the same (I could still see them adding a white helmet option), and the number font to stay the same since the new turf has that font and it’s being used across the whole athletic dept. now.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived