MLB Changes 2020

kolob

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

The template is for the OOTP baseball PC game so sorry if it looks off...

But if Milwaukee doesnt make this their away jersey, we riot.

SJLJyBI.png

I’d be happy with that in either #PowerBlues or gray.  Just want that wordmark back. 

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Does the Marlins' switch to a very similar color palette make it hard for the Diamondbacks to keep that?

2 hours ago, TheRoman said:

i hope it does, that teal is far too garish. Teal only looks good when done right

The way the Marlins wore teal from 96-02 looked amazing. It was the perfect amount, although I would welcome teal caps, even with a black brim, to make a comeback.

If the Diamondbacks move away from their turquoise, I hope it accelerates possibility that the Marlins readopt teal down the road. Hopefully by that point MLB will realize that teal is a sorely underutilized color in the league right now.

There are definitely some similarities between the latest Marlins rebranding and what the Diamondbacks have been wearing for the last few seasons especially in terms of color palette. I do wonder if the same person or group of people had a major hand in both designs. I would not be surprised in the slightest.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The stain of the Confederacy does not wash off that easily. 😉

No that's still there. But most Texans consider themselves to be separate from the South, unless they went to Texas A&M. Hahaha!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

The template is for the OOTP baseball PC game so sorry if it looks off...

But if Milwaukee doesnt make this their away jersey, we riot.

SJLJyBI.png

This would be one of the worst away uniforms in the league if they were to do it.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Actually Marlins wore Teal from 1993-2002 and had a dope Teal batting practice Jersey that needs to be in MLB the Show. In 1995 the Fish abandoned the Away Teal cap with the Black bill in favor of a black one and also began wearing black caps in 1995 and for most of 1996. By 1997 Teal was gone.

As for Cleveland they can also do replicas of the 1975 uniforms as their new permanent set  of course sans the logo on the sleeve.

So for Uniform Changes in 2020:

Milwaukee and San Diego

Arizona tweaks their sets

Cincinnati has a new alternate

Anyone else getting new alternates?????

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

This would be one of the worst away uniforms in the league if they were to do it.

Do you have a reason for saying this that doesn't amount to a personal distaste for powder blue?

4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

2 hours ago, NicDB said:

Do you have a reason for saying this that doesn't amount to a personal distaste for powder blue?

The fact is, whenever someone thinks of the Milwaukee Brewers or a minor league team does a Brewers appreciation night, its always the BiG and powder blue.  Powder blue, royal blue, and yellow were way too similar in brightness and didnt contrast enough.  But with the color scheme change, I think going back to powder blue would give it that needed extra contrast and would, IMO, be a hit amongst all Brewer fans.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

7 hours ago, NicDB said:

Powder blue was always a mistake, for everything team who’s tried it. It looks awful, normal greys or even promote an alt navy over grey (similar to what the padres did) would be better than the powder.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I don’t think a powder blue jersey with a navy blue word mark would be a great look. To date, throwback alts have been reserved for home games. Maybe Milwaukee branches out to a road throwback and keeps the royal blue with the powder blue. That Milwaukee script is killer and definitely needs to come back regardless.  

10 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

FF_1939149ALT1_full.jpg&w=900

I found this on MLB shop. Does anyone know what this could be? 

It's the second-oldest jersey listed for the Brewers (as found when you sort by newest items), so I think it's just a bad photoshop and nothing more. It dates back to pre-2018. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

In 1995 the Fish abandoned the Away Teal cap with the Black bill in favor of a black one and also began wearing black caps in 1995.

Just to clarify some of the details here...

In 95 and 96 the black cap (which was around as a road and BP alternate since 93) became the primary home and road cap but the teal cap with black bill did occasionally make a few appearances as a road alternate. Here's Al Leiter with it in 96... 

Image result for al leiter 1996

The home all teal caps disappeared in 96 but in 95 they were still around with the Sunday home alternate vests which still had the teal sleeves. The black sleeves and black vests didn't come to Sunday home games until 96. Here's Andre Dawson with the teal sleeves/caps/helmets in 95...

Image result for andre dawson 1995 marlins

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

Does the Marlins' switch to a very similar color palette make it hard for the Diamondbacks to keep that?

It shouldn't, considering how many teams share almost the exact same color palettes. Two teams sharing a relatively unique color scheme shouldn't stop them especially since they're not exactly the same (they're actually pretty different for being so similar, if that makes any sense) and the teams use their color balances very differently. There shouldn't be much of a real confusion as to which team is Miami and which team is Arizona. Their reds are very different, their blues are very different, and one team uses their red almost more than their black while the other team only uses their red as an accent color.

Archived