NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Quillz said:

Stupid question: do the Knights have a very dark green sweater? I saw one of their games and maybe it was the lighting, but what I thought was gray seemed to be very dark green. 

No. It’s dark grey, although when the logos first game out most of us thought it was a dark teal. It’s definitely one of those shades which can look different every time you look at it.

ExJworW.png

5 hours ago, Quillz said:

Stupid question: do the Knights have a very dark green sweater? I saw one of their games and maybe it was the lighting, but what I thought was gray seemed to be very dark green. 

It’s a dark grey w/ a teal hue to it. 

2 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s a dark grey w/ a teal hue to it. 

There is no teal hue to it. That was a bad screen conversion of the spot color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Came across this potential leak of the Sens returning to the old 2-D centurion logo for next season. Not sure if it means it'll be back to being the full-time primary, or if it will just be a heavily used alternate like the =O= was a couple years ago (on the draft caps, centre ice, etc.).

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Came across this potential leak of the Sens returning to the old 2-D centurion logo for next season. Not sure if it means it'll be back to being the full-time primary, or if it will just be a heavily used alternate like the =O= was a couple years ago (on the draft caps, centre ice, etc.).

spacer.png

They have a perfectly good modern 2D centurion that they choose not to use. 

I don't understand that ownership... 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

28 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Gold makes sense given that they are the Golden Knights. But when has a vegas gold jersey looked good in any sport? Was Nashville the last team to try it in the NHL with the gold mesh over blue jersey?

Even that wasn’t a Vegas gold, but an actual athletic gold that turned mustard with the navy underneath 

42 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

Hold up, why is Tampa the only one without the city’s name? 

XM4KeeA.png

22 minutes ago, insert name said:

I would buy those hats if they didn’t have the city’s name on the front like that. Would be much cleaner without the names. 

It is especially redundant for the Canucks, who still kept the arched city name over logo.

50 minutes ago, dont care said:

Even that wasn’t a Vegas gold, but an actual athletic gold that turned mustard with the navy underneath 

Yeah, the Preds have always worn yellow, never metallic gold.

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

There is no teal hue to it. That was a bad screen conversion of the spot color.

IIRC, our old friend TruColor has the RGB values showing higher amounts of blue and green than red. I'm sure he gets his info directly from the franchise and/or league records.

EDIT: checked it and he has their "Steel Gray" listed as RGB 51-63-72, hex color #333F48, which does have a greenish-blue tint to it.

Hard to believe the Senators would go back to the old 2D logo, especially with the updated version lurking around somewhere.  Also means the Canucks are unlikely to be ditching the Vancouver script if they kept it on the logo.

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Gold makes sense given that they are the Golden Knights. But when has a vegas gold jersey looked good in any sport? Was Nashville the last team to try it in the NHL with the gold mesh over blue jersey?

Boston College's hockey team has had a couple nice gold alternates, although their shade is a bit flatter than what Vegas uses:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived