CFL 2019

Chewbacca

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That’s a very nice lineup, but shame they didn’t do more with the Eskimos.  Their retro look isn’t as distinct as the others.  Even the old-style helmet treatment they gave Ottawa would have been better. 

The Eskimos don’t really have much to go with logo-wise. The wishbone double E is from the Warren Moon Grey Cups in the 70s and 80s so it’s hard to argue that choice.

Im just wondering why the Roughriders picked that boring logo.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m starting to wonder now if we’ll get any alternate jerseys or helmets this weekend. NewEra is rolling out this throwback sideline gear for Labour Day Weekend apparently, but I don’t know if there’s been word yet on whether or not we’ll get the Roughriders’ usual throwback, or a Stampeders black helmet and/or jersey. The Stamps’ two-toned chrome helmet from the past few years was a Reebok/Adidas thing.

7 minutes ago, appleclock said:

I’m starting to wonder now if we’ll get any alternate jerseys or helmets this weekend. NewEra is rolling out this throwback sideline gear for Labour Day Weekend apparently, but I don’t know if there’s been word yet on whether or not we’ll get the Roughriders’ usual throwback, or a Stampeders black helmet and/or jersey. The Stamps’ two-toned chrome helmet from the past few years was a Reebok/Adidas thing.

Would bet we are getting the Riders in throwbacks.  They are currently using the vintage S logo on their Twitter account.  Using vintage S in graphic to announce the game is a sellout.

We may get the black Outlaw uniforms from the Stamps, but with the red helmet.  They are only wearing their red helmet this year from what I understand.

I would assume the Stamps are wearing the Outlaw jerseys. I haven't heard anything to the contrary and they are selling them in the store. The Stamps historically only wear the black jerseys for the Labour Day game and then whatever home playoff game they have.

3 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

They are only wearing their red helmet this year from what I understand.

All the CFL teams are only wearing one helmet this year, like the NFL.

IbjBaeE.png

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I would assume the Stamps are wearing the Outlaw jerseys. I haven't heard anything to the contrary and they are selling them in the store. The Stamps historically only wear the black jerseys for the Labour Day game and then whatever home playoff game they have.

All the CFL teams are only wearing one helmet this year, like the NFL.

Thanks. I saw today that the Stamps practiced in red helmets so that would seem to confirm they won’t have a different helmet for the game (not to mention they ditched black helmets this year so why would they bring one out now?). So Saskatchewan would likely just have the decals replaced.

12 hours ago, appleclock said:

Im just wondering why the Roughriders picked that boring logo.

Because the wheat S throwback logo has been used a lot in the past decade. So they had to find an earlier logo to go with.

I think what the Argo's uniforms are missing is a double stripe at the bottom of the sleeve just like the 1996-2004 uniforms. 
GreyCup_973631.jpg

I think that would put it back on the top. The blue-white-blue combo is working for them. The Tiger-Cats need the double black stripe on the pants. 

452750186_217228580.jpg

zyyMk1d.png

On 8/28/2019 at 11:15 AM, appleclock said:

That’s a very nice lineup, but shame they didn’t do more with the Eskimos.  Their retro look isn’t as distinct as the others.  Even the old-style helmet treatment they gave Ottawa would have been better. 

On 8/28/2019 at 11:15 AM, appleclock said:

The Eskimos don’t really have much to go with logo-wise. The wishbone double E is from the Warren Moon Grey Cups in the 70s and 80s so it’s hard to argue that choice.

They should have brought back the polar bear logo from the 90s :P

Archived