College Basketball 2019-20

Kansas State Wildcats Unveil New Lavender Throwback Uniforms

December 19, 2019 - 20:49 PM

The Kansas State men’s basketball program earlier this week announced it will once again wear its popular lavender throwback uniforms this season — but, this time, it comes with a new twist.  Rather than don lavender jerseys with dark purple […]

Read More...

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pretty lackluster matchup here. 

spacer.png

NDs wordmark is so tiny. I didn't realize their nob was small as well. 

And Indiana. They have their state outline in place of their nob. But honestly it looks like nothing is there 90% of the time. So it almost appears the numbers are centered too low on the jerseys. 

Sloppy stuff. 

NCAA Unveils Logo for 2021 Final Four in Indianapolis

December 22, 2019 - 16:11 PM

The NCAA unveiled the logo for the 2021 Men’s Final Four yesterday during the annual Crossroads Classic in Indianapolis. As you’d imagine based on the venue of the unveiling, the games will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis […]

Read More...

Pretty generic logo, but at least they seem to be moving away from the template approach the last two years. If only the NFL would do the same with the Super Bowl.

On a side note, does the NCAA realize that Indianapolis, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans and San Antonio aren't the only cities that exist in the US?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

18 hours ago, MattMill said:

A pretty lackluster matchup here. 

spacer.png

NDs wordmark is so tiny. I didn't realize their nob was small as well. 

And Indiana. They have their state outline in place of their nob. But honestly it looks like nothing is there 90% of the time. So it almost appears the numbers are centered too low on the jerseys. 

Sloppy stuff. 

Indiana's never worn names on back so that's not too bad. Notre Dame suffers from UA's inability to have numbers the sane size as everyone else.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Pretty generic logo, but at least they seem to be moving away from the template approach the last two years. If only the NFL would do the same with the Super Bowl.

On a side note, does the NCAA realize that Indianapolis, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans and San Antonio aren't the only cities that exist in the US?

There are fewer locales than you might think with a venue capable of hosting the Final Four that have decent enough weather at that time of the year to host it.  Although the fact that Minneapolis was very successful this year combined with the fact that they now play it in April might open up a few more places.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:44 AM, Lights Out said:

In 2004, the NCAA signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indiana Sports Commission. Part of that agreement was that the NCAA "will ensure that during any five year period" Indy will host five events: the men's Final Four, the women's Final Four, preliminary round games in the men's and women's basketball tournaments and the NCAA convention.

Link to the MoU

Hosting is also basically a "kickback" for $1/year lease for their HQ. They'll also host in 2026 and likely two more times before 2039, when the MoU expires, but the Hall of Champions HQ has two other 10-year options for occupancy.

13 hours ago, NicDB said:

There are fewer locales than you might think with a venue capable of hosting the Final Four that have decent enough weather at that time of the year to host it.  Although the fact that Minneapolis was very successful this year combined with the fact that they now play it in April might open up a few more places.

They raised the seating minimum to 70K back in 2009. Indy, Atlanta, San Antonio and New Orleans are the three cities which a car really isn't needed between the stadium, hotels, and Hoop City/Bracketville/ or whatever they call the FanFest now at the local convention center.

Minneapolis/St. Paul is closer to that than Houston, DFW, or Phoenix as it's not as spread out as those three and light rail is direct to the airport.

You're also going to see Los Angeles and Las Vegas added to that list of hosts with their new stadiums. Not to mention any new domed stadium rumored to be built -- DC, Charlotte, etc.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Sometimes I'm unsure whether Chicago should have a big dome. It's embarrassing to lose major events to Indianoplace, but such a dome would probably be even uglier and more dismal for football than Soldier Field is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 minutes ago, kimball said:

You're also going to see Los Angeles and Las Vegas added to that list of hosts with their new stadiums. Not to mention any new domed stadium rumored to be built -- DC, Charlotte, etc.

2027 is the first available date. Inglewood put in a bid for 2024-26, but lost out alongside Arlington and Detroit.

Just now, dfwabel said:

2027 is the first available date. Inglewood put in a bid for 2024-26, but lost out alongside Arlington and Detroit.

And those cities, not to mention Las Vegas will probably get overlooked again.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

1 hour ago, buzzcut said:

And those cities, not to mention Las Vegas will probably get overlooked again.

Maybe Vegas, but LA won't.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 12/22/2019 at 11:04 AM, RyanMcD29 said:

This the first time LIU's at Barclays? I would be surprised cause the Brooklyn campus is only 3 blocks away from there (i do the walk back and forth from grad school every week)

Under this new branding, yes, the only time they'll play there this season.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived