New CFL Uniforms 2020

Chewbacca

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stampeders joined the ranks of teams offering customized phone backgrounds with different names and numbers (though the Stamps one is kind of dumb because instead of the illustrated jersey pictures that other teams are doing, it's instead clearly a picture of Bo Levi Mitchell and their editing of the names/numbers don't look good at all), but the the number font is different than what it had previously been.

Could this be a potential leak of a new number font?

Stamps_Numbers.jpg

I'm not going to post any because they're all massive Twitter pictures, so here's a link to the Stamps twitter thread so you can see the different numbers.

If these are the new numbers, some of them look odd (#3), but it does look like fix some of the inconsistent spike placement. 

IbjBaeE.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, Wackyriderfan14 said:

“Calgary is going to have the first new jersey design for the 2020 season. Then the rest will be rolled out across the league, new jersey designs in 2021” - Randy Ambrosie 

That's actually pretty disappointing. Why is it taking more than year for New Era to develop their own designs? I thought it was going to be Montreal getting the much needed jump in 2019 followed by the rest of the league in 2020.

8 hours ago, jonny24 said:

That's actually pretty disappointing. Why is it taking more than year for New Era to develop their own designs? I thought it was going to be Montreal getting the much needed jump in 2019 followed by the rest of the league in 2020.

Maybe teams went back to the drawing board based on the incoming template?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, jonny24 said:

Looking like it’ll all be 2021 anyway 🤷‍♂️

yUTIIqk.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 3:07 PM, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Looking like it’ll all be 2021 anyway 🤷‍♂️

Don't remind me 😪

My new idea: If we get to play an 8 game fall season, all teams should go with throwback to the last time an 8-game (or say, less than 10) season was played.

9 hours ago, jonny24 said:

Don't remind me 😪

My new idea: If we get to play an 8 game fall season, all teams should go with throwback to the last time an 8-game (or say, less than 10) season was played.

They will already be hurting for money. OF COURSE they should spend more on something non-essential. 

It's where I sit.

12 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

They will already be hurting for money. OF COURSE they should spend more on something non-essential. 

I'm not sure where you're coming from. If they're going to launch a new jersey, it doesn't cost more to make it a throwback than a fresh design.

Also, they'd probably sell a :censored: ton of them , and make money.

5 hours ago, jonny24 said:

I'm not sure where you're coming from. If they're going to launch a new jersey, it doesn't cost more to make it a throwback than a fresh design.

Also, they'd probably sell a :censored: ton of them , and make money.

Would there even be enough time to do what you are suggesting?  Bringing out new uniforms, even throwbacks, take time.  With no guarantee that a season would even be played, it doesn't seem to make any sense for New Era or any of the teams to even bother with the process of what you suggested.

And, considering what is going on right now, somehow I don't think there are a lot of people who can afford to just drop money on something non-essential such as a new CFL jersey at this time.

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

Apparently, there is a new BC Lions logo. 

i wonder if that means it’ll appear on the helmets as well?

https://twitter.com/roarreport/status/1306758739299450880?s=21

It's not a new logo. It's a modernized version of one of the logos (as seen on the right) used for the Lions "Quarterback Club", which used to be the kids club for the team. They're bringing the logo back for a merch line.

lions_patches2_zpsb3f76c8e.jpg

Here's the Lions article about the merch. No change, just an old promotional logo dug up for apparel.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

It's not a new logo. It's a modernized version of one of the logos (as seen on the right) used for the Lions "Quarterback Club", which used to be the kids club for the team. They're bringing the logo back for a merch line.

lions_patches2_zpsb3f76c8e.jpg

Here's the Lions article about the merch. No change, just an old promotional logo dug up for apparel.

Weird how they cut off the chin off. Interesting that Starter appears to be making the jackets and New Era will be making the hats. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A few years ago I asked the Official CFL Twitter which team I should pick as my favorite. I was surprised that not only did the CFL respond, but all 9 teams as well. I eventually chose BC and even bought a shirt. However, I’m slowly starting to realize the best identity in the league is Winnipeg. They currently have the only uniforms that don’t look like crap. Might have to buy a new shirt.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

A few years ago I asked the Official CFL Twitter which team I should pick as my favorite. I was surprised that not only did the CFL respond, but all 9 teams as well. I eventually chose BC and even bought a shirt. However, I’m slowly starting to realize the best identity in the league is Winnipeg. They currently have the only uniforms that don’t look like crap. Might have to buy a new shirt.

No, you don't want to do that.  We may see many teams with uniform redesigns for 2021 now that New Era has their foot in the door.

The Roughriders have really nice alternate uniforms that are throwbacks.  Not to late to be a Riders fan.  If you ever end up in Regina, SK and see a game there live, the atmosphere is second to none in the league.  It means something there.   It is clear that your best choice is to cheer for the Riders.

spacer.png

Plus the Riders used to have really awesome uniforms with wraparound helmet logo back in the day.

spacer.png

On 9/20/2020 at 9:18 AM, DNAsports said:

Hamilton's unis are one of the best sets in the league. Aside from the oversized font on the front, they're the cream of the crop. And at least they have a logo that's more than just a letter.

fbo-cfl-alouettes-ticats-20190628.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived