Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

W9RpDzP.png

Quick Photoshop mockup I did, initially based on @RedRenesis's comment about removing the inner stripes, but the resulting shape looks very strange so I played around with it. Might develop it further tonight or tomorrow.

This needs sharpening. The angles/points of the interior aren't the same as the rounded edges of the keyline. This makes it look blobby to me.  The white outline may not be needed in which case the keyline issue is likely lessened.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

I’ve hated the falcon logo since they came out with the modern version! It looks ridiculous! I would hope they either go to the original one or step back from the 90’s 00’s overly cartoonishly ugly logo! 

3 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

atlanta-falcons-alternate-logo_1998-2002
BAM! Forward motion old logo! Take that A off and let’s roll! 

Sorry, but no. That's much too archaic for a team playing in 2020. It's so easy to go back to the past. The current logo is more than fine. It looks good on a helmet, jersey, and merchandise. They don't create logos so the design community can approve of every single aspect.

10 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

This needs sharpening. The angles/points of the interior aren't the same as the rounded edges of the keyline. This makes it look blobby to me.  The white outline may not be needed in which case the keyline issue is likely lessened.

Yes that's because I made it in 15 minutes in Photoshop. I'll see if I can stop mass-production at Nike, but it might be too late at this point.

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Yes that's because I made it in 15 minutes in Photoshop. I'll see if I can stop mass-production at Nike, but it might be too late at this point.

Sorry you took it personally.

It's where I sit.

27 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think that one on the right is the winner.

The talon/claw is too thick.  I prefer the revision made by @hawk36

Regardless, it still has the problem of NOT being an F on one side of the helmet.

It's where I sit.

Looking like an F shouldn't be a requirement.  As much as I love the OG logo, I never thought it looked much like an F, even when told it did.  Letter logos that aren't symmetrical are tough to work with and should be avoided anyway.  Even the Bears helmet looks a little odd to me when looking at the left-facing view.  I like my football helmet logos to be mirror images of each other when possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The talon/claw is too thick.  I prefer the revision made by @hawk36

Regardless, it still has the problem of NOT being an F on one side of the helmet.

I think that version @hawk36 made has the talon too small it'll get lost at a distance and at small replicas, I think the thicker one is the way to go, whether or not it's more accurate 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The thicker talon has been one of my biggest gripes with the logo; it has always looked terribly swollen and unnatural, and also (I believe) lends to an illusion that the falcon’s wings are too small due to its proportions looking off. 

Yes, the mockup in question’s talon does appear very small, but that doesn’t mean the swollen talon should stay. There can certainly be a middle-ground talon size somewhere, and that’s the one that should be pursued.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Looking like an F shouldn't be a requirement.  As much as I love the OG logo, I never thought it looked much like an F, even when told it did.  Letter logos that aren't symmetrical are tough to work with and should be avoided anyway.  Even the Bears helmet looks a little odd to me when looking at the left-facing view.  I like my football helmet logos to be mirror images of each other when possible.

That's why it never should've been considered an "F".. 

It's a perfectly fine falcon logo facing left or right.. forcing it into a letter concept is silly and 50% inaccurate

Archived