2020 MLB Season

Dynasty

4 hours ago, LMU said:

Believe it or not, there's actually a plan in the approval process, by pariah deadbeat ex-owner Frank McCourt nonetheless, to build a gondola between the stadium and Union Station (LINK).

I am sure a younger, more energetic version of myself would have just rather walked that distance (and incline)

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Last time the Rays made the WS they split the first two, and then lost 3 straight to give the Phillies their first title since the 80s. They are trying to avoid that this year.

2008 was a weird year because the Phillies were ultimately the better team, but the 3 games in Philly were so impacted by weather, especially game 5 that took 3 days to complete. They won't have to deal with that this time. 

37 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

They actually only won Game 2 against Philly. 

yes that's what "split the first two" means. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 10/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

My bad. For some reason I Thought he meant they spilt the series at 2, and then lost the next 3. 

Regardless, hope they can avoid what happened in 2008. 
Would be a nice upset to have the small market Rays win against “big time” LA. 

That would mean the Phillies won 5 games...

1 hour ago, dont care said:

That would mean the Phillies won 5 games...

If my memory is correct, the Phillies won all 7. That’s how good that team was. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived