Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

33 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I guess I just have a different opinion.  Since I grew up when teams had proper UCLA shoulder stripes, my brain still associates the Colts to that look, but if I stop and look at them objectively, I think they look absolutely stupid.  Like someone just took a pen and drew two dashes on their shoulders.

If you're referring to most current iterations (as in what the Colts actually look like now, not the outdated image your brain projects), I agree.

This is what I grew up with . . . and which looks right.  What they have now only works (if at all) as a poor reminder of what the uniform is supposed to look like.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Agreed.  This is the look that these uniforms are attempting to emulate . . . shoulder loops that go all the way around.

spacer.png

Instead, this set has bastardized stripes that barely go over the shoulder and look more like epaulets.

spacer.png

The problem isn't unique to the Patriots.  Most teams that used to have shoulder loops have truncated stripes now that only resemble the original shoulder loops in passing.

spacer.png

The strange thing is that Nike had extended the shoulder loops with Mississippi and LSU, only to go back to cut off loops shortly after. Only Under Armour has a template with full shoulder loops.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, See Red said:

I guess I'm probably in the minority because I don't think the above looks all that great.  I much prefer the cutoff look the Colts and now Patriots use.

This may be a generational thing — I’ve never seen “full” UCLA stripes on a NFL uniform in a game I’ve watched live. This is how the Colts look to me, and to me, they look pretty damn good:

spacer.png

That picture’s from 18 years ago. I was 6.

Even when the NFL did the AFL throwbacks for the Pats in 2009, they didn’t have full loops. And they still looked better than they ever had in my lifetime.

spacer.png

Full shoulder loops, as they were in the 60s, 70s and 80s look bizarre and wrong to someone as young as me, as bizarre and wrong these truncated stripes look to someone who’s older.

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, Unwind said:

I know this isn't the Concepts forum, but it really upsets me that we could've had this, and don't. (I know that there's no true Color Rush option here, but you get the point. Add some red pants.)

spacer.png

Literally every tweak I had thought of to improve thier new set is in included here. And this indeed looks much better, in my opinion. Great work. 

The Patriots were so close, and yet so very far. I don’t think what they came up with was bad, but just really disappointing in comparison to what it could’ve been.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, Maroon&Gold said:

What's the context for that maroon one? Boston Braves/R word throwback? If so I think it should stay with Washington 

Agreed, love the other two unis (red numbers for the Pats are my white whale) but I’m willing to guess 75%+ of Pats fans don’t even know the Washington Football Team was in Boston at one point. The Pats have never claimed any sort of kinship with that history, either.

spacer.png

I think all of this just proves that the Patriots may have one of the worst design decision making teams in the NFL. So easy to fix yet they overthink, over design, clutter and ruin their looks. The only conclusion is whomever is making the final decision, Kraft?, is completely void of design sense. Strange for an otherwise well run organization. 

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The strange thing is that Nike had extended the shoulder loops with Mississippi and LSU, only to go back to cut off loops shortly after. Only Under Armour has a template with full shoulder loops.

The Patriots and Colts simply need to show Nike a picture of the 2019 Panthers jerseys and say, "Give us these stripes in our colors! Double the thickness of the outer edges and we're good to go".spacer.png

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

What they actually should have done:

spacer.png

I like the update to the '93 set. Take out the unneeded white outline in the away numbers (the numbers on the away looked better in '94), and the way back throwback is odd since it has no connection to the Patriots. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New England Patriots Unveil New Uniforms With Wrong Pants

April 21, 2020 - 21:15 PM

The New England Patriots unveiled their new uniforms on Monday, and one of the biggest complaints among fans was the width of the stripes on the pants not matching the UCLA stripes on the shoulders. Turns out, the players modeling […]

Read More...

I will never understand the 2016-19 Color Rush pants, as the newer pants should have been introduced from the start of Color Rush. 

Also, I can't believe 2020 is year 5 of Color Rush unis being worn by teams (though the actual mandatory program stopped). Time has flown by. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm still perplexed they didn't just do silver pants with white and navy jerseys. It would be such a simple and elegant fix for a team that's designed around efficiency. The all-blue with silver helmet makes no sense to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived