Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

sometimes that’s true of the client, sometimes it’s true of the designer. Here it seems true of both.  

Good point. One of the hardest things to teach new designers is that when you tell them to refine something, it doesn't mean reinvent it. The younger they are the more they seem to feel the need to go off in brand new directions. The best designers (and corporate bosses) know exactly when to tweak and when to reinvent. 

1 hour ago, radchad said:

I know the shoulder horns are silly and redundant when you actually think about it, but I love them anyway. I can't explain why, and it definitely doesn't make sense, but I still love them.

I like the shoulder horns as it makes the jersey more uniquely theirs. It's why I've always loved the Chargers bolt and why I miss the Seahawks wrap around hawk. 

On the other hand you have the Titans sword which looks gimmicky and cartoonish. 

20 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Reading into it, given my experience designing for large corporate clients, this reminds me of when the person in charge is trying to justify their involvement. They can't just go with the "right" answer (old LA look) as then people will wonder what they are being paid for. They feel anything less than putting their own unique stamp on a project means they've failed. Sad.

Unfortunately they know that even if the new set isn't well received by traditional fans, they can still sell the throwback merchandise. In a few years I wouldn't be surprised to see them having to walk back some of the changes like the Dolphins did, or like the Browns will be doing. 

4 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Unfortunately they know that even if the new set isn't well received by traditional fans, they can still sell the throwback merchandise. In a few years I wouldn't be surprised to see them having to walk back some of the changes like the Dolphins did, or like the Browns will be doing. 

That's actually the root of what I bet they're trying to do. They know the throwbacks will sell the best anyway so they're trying to figure out a new set that's similar enough to not be hated by the traditionalist yet cool enough to sell to new fans of the team. It's all about the jersey sales. Just got to come up with something better than their current St. Louis jerseys. 

• 3 weeks later...

Rams COO Kevin Demoff continues to troll fans, this time throwing in red but given the recent fears around here of them pulling a Denver Nuggets, this is a mean prank to play.

Meanwhile Johnny Hekker is having a hard time waiting.

bSLCtu2.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Rams COO Kevin Demoff continues to troll fans, this time throwing in red but given the recent fears around here of them pulling a Denver Nuggets, this is a mean prank to play.

Just getting back to their roots.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

RgzJnPKl.jpg

Oof. That is hideous. Just my 2¢, but that would instantly become one of the worst logos in major professional sports. We're talking about something you'd expect to see trotted out by a semi-pro squad playing games in front of 50-some-odd "fans" on a weed-choked high school field in Anytown, USA.

Honestly... this can't be what the Rams are going to adopt as their new primary mark, can it?

Not a fan at all.

1) I kind of read it a bit more as an abstract wave than a horn due to the composition and curves cut in. I feel like I could put a surfer in there somewhere and it wouldn’t look out of place. 

2) This has a bad kind of 90’s vibe to it, like this was an LA Looks logo reject. 

Of course we still would need to see a version that isn’t modified for a cap series, but this isn’t looking good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived