OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

It's approaching galaxy brain to take too much from that commercial.  Do we really think that they would go as far as to bother to use navy construction helmets to represent the colors of the throwback helmet, which has always been navy compared to the royal jerseys, when the colors are officially royal and athletic gold?

Quite frankly, if they used the navy construction helmets there'd be more to take away from it.

11 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They've had plenty of merch featuring a royal helmet, though. 

15981e_lg.jpeg1970s-los-angeles-rams-football_1_91ddec

il_570xN.1815260872_kful.jpgvintage-80s-los-angeles-rams-nfl_1_ccb26

I myself had one of these bad boys on my wall as a kid.

il_1588xN.1954104043_ogo9.jpg

. . . almost all of which probably used royal blue for the helmet just so an additional shade of blue wouldn't need to be introduced.

I wouldn't be surprised if the t-shirt didn't have any decal or screen printing on the shell of the helmet, but instead just used the fabric to provide the color.

Now, let's say you're the chairman of the LA Rams.

Here's the classic, cuddly barnyard sheep:

spacer.png

And here's the more current, untamed beast you'd find at the San Gabriel Mountains:

spacer.png

Which direction would you take in rebranding the team to coincide with the opening of the new stadium?

I'm pretty fond of the Rams' current logo (though it looked better with the metallic gold in it). However, it's more associated with their St. Louis days so I'd understand them going a different direction and moving away from it.

Question: Who was the designer for it? I see similarities to the Dolphins logo from 1997-2012.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Hmmm 

I would love to read something into this.  But we really, really shouldn't.

Hey, at least we have another gold jersey graphic to post and re-post on this thread.  :D 

tumblr_mxynfdIVk81rvlgedo1_540.jpg

This thread:

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

5 minutes ago, LMU said:

This thread:

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

This thread is going to be hilarious once the new uniforms are finally unveiled.

49 minutes ago, IceCap said:

This thread is going to be hilarious once the new uniforms are finally unveiled.

Just like the Jets one did

Ah, the Chargers will do something stupid to justify another 275 pages.  😁

I’d still like to see them do something with this logo

7962_cleveland_rams-primary-1944.gif

something about it just has that art deco feel that rounded font was doing. I’d love to see a modernized version of this

On 2/4/2020 at 3:20 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm pretty fond of the Rams' current logo (though it looked better with the metallic gold in it). However, it's more associated with their St. Louis days so I'd understand them going a different direction and moving away from it.

Question: Who was the designer for it? I see similarities to the Dolphins logo from 1997-2012.

The Rams current logo is the exact same as every other logo that came out mid 90s - early 2000s. A side facing angry looking head with a swooped neckline. 

Broncos, Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals, somewhat Eagles and Jaguars. They all seem like the same person designed them, or came from the same template. 

6 hours ago, ramsker said:

The Rams current logo is the exact same as every other logo that came out mid 90s - early 2000s. A side facing angry looking head with a swooped neckline. 

Broncos, Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals, somewhat Eagles and Jaguars. They all seem like the same person designed them, or came from the same template. 

So what? Save for Flying Elvis, those are pretty good logos. And the Cardinals are an excellent modernization of a logo that’s decades old. 

11 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

So what? Save for Flying Elvis, those are pretty good logos. And the Cardinals are an excellent modernization of a logo that’s decades old. 

Agreed. While the Cardinals’ uniform from the neck down is a stale, yellowing pile of newspapers, they hit it out of the park in regards to updating the logo and leaving the helmet pretty much unchanged.

13 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Agreed on the Cardinals logo. It's an evolution of an existing logo. I like the Panthers logo. These three were all downgrades though, in my opinion. They all have a completely different look and feel. The Jaguars original logo concept was great too. 

yyyjoo6y9cr9qd0zy5y19wh4d.gif961.gifImage result for broncos logo history                   Image result for jaguars unused logo

I’ll concede that it’s reasonable to like the previous Broncos and Eagles logos more than their current ones (though I disagree strongly on both accounts), but THIS is better than the flying Elvis??

35 minutes ago, ramsker said:

yyyjoo6y9cr9qd0zy5y19wh4d.gif

Nah, no way. This is, to be brutally honest, an awful logo that needs to stay dead

41 minutes ago, ramsker said:

yyyjoo6y9cr9qd0zy5y19wh4d.gif                

Patriot Pat looks like he’s got severe brain damage. 

Imma stan for the proto-Flying Elvi:

spacer.png
spacer.png

47 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I’ll concede that it’s reasonable to like the previous Broncos and Eagles logos more than their current ones (though I disagree strongly on both accounts), but THIS is better than the flying Elvis??

Nah, no way. This is, to be brutally honest, an awful logo that needs to stay dead

He could use some updating, but a Cardinals like evolution of Pat would have been great. 

RryJtQj.png

41 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Patriot Pat looks like he’s got severe brain damage. 

Imma stan for the proto-Flying Elvi:

spacer.png

I like this one. It still has a unique feel to it.