Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

It's approaching galaxy brain to take too much from that commercial.  Do we really think that they would go as far as to bother to use navy construction helmets to represent the colors of the throwback helmet, which has always been navy compared to the royal jerseys, when the colors are officially royal and athletic gold?

Quite frankly, if they used the navy construction helmets there'd be more to take away from it.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They've had plenty of merch featuring a royal helmet, though. 

15981e_lg.jpeg1970s-los-angeles-rams-football_1_91ddec

il_570xN.1815260872_kful.jpgvintage-80s-los-angeles-rams-nfl_1_ccb26

I myself had one of these bad boys on my wall as a kid.

il_1588xN.1954104043_ogo9.jpg

. . . almost all of which probably used royal blue for the helmet just so an additional shade of blue wouldn't need to be introduced.

I wouldn't be surprised if the t-shirt didn't have any decal or screen printing on the shell of the helmet, but instead just used the fabric to provide the color.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'm pretty fond of the Rams' current logo (though it looked better with the metallic gold in it). However, it's more associated with their St. Louis days so I'd understand them going a different direction and moving away from it.

Question: Who was the designer for it? I see similarities to the Dolphins logo from 1997-2012.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:20 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm pretty fond of the Rams' current logo (though it looked better with the metallic gold in it). However, it's more associated with their St. Louis days so I'd understand them going a different direction and moving away from it.

Question: Who was the designer for it? I see similarities to the Dolphins logo from 1997-2012.

The Rams current logo is the exact same as every other logo that came out mid 90s - early 2000s. A side facing angry looking head with a swooped neckline. 

Broncos, Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals, somewhat Eagles and Jaguars. They all seem like the same person designed them, or came from the same template. 

6 hours ago, ramsker said:

The Rams current logo is the exact same as every other logo that came out mid 90s - early 2000s. A side facing angry looking head with a swooped neckline. 

Broncos, Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals, somewhat Eagles and Jaguars. They all seem like the same person designed them, or came from the same template. 

So what? Save for Flying Elvis, those are pretty good logos. And the Cardinals are an excellent modernization of a logo that’s decades old. 

11 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

So what? Save for Flying Elvis, those are pretty good logos. And the Cardinals are an excellent modernization of a logo that’s decades old. 

Agreed. While the Cardinals’ uniform from the neck down is a stale, yellowing pile of newspapers, they hit it out of the park in regards to updating the logo and leaving the helmet pretty much unchanged.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

13 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Agreed on the Cardinals logo. It's an evolution of an existing logo. I like the Panthers logo. These three were all downgrades though, in my opinion. They all have a completely different look and feel. The Jaguars original logo concept was great too. 

yyyjoo6y9cr9qd0zy5y19wh4d.gif961.gifImage result for broncos logo history                   Image result for jaguars unused logo

I’ll concede that it’s reasonable to like the previous Broncos and Eagles logos more than their current ones (though I disagree strongly on both accounts), but THIS is better than the flying Elvis??

35 minutes ago, ramsker said:

yyyjoo6y9cr9qd0zy5y19wh4d.gif

Nah, no way. This is, to be brutally honest, an awful logo that needs to stay dead

47 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I’ll concede that it’s reasonable to like the previous Broncos and Eagles logos more than their current ones (though I disagree strongly on both accounts), but THIS is better than the flying Elvis??

Nah, no way. This is, to be brutally honest, an awful logo that needs to stay dead

He could use some updating, but a Cardinals like evolution of Pat would have been great. 

RryJtQj.png

41 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Patriot Pat looks like he’s got severe brain damage. 

Imma stan for the proto-Flying Elvi:

spacer.png

I like this one. It still has a unique feel to it.

Archived