OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Recommended Posts

If true, they sound like a modernized version of the throwbacks with tweaked colors. Not necessarily a bad thing. The jury is out until we see them, but they don’t sound all that ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ramsker said:

Reddit Leak.


Take It FWIW

 

Hoping it's not factual. 

 

 

“S***ty Rams mock up”

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

“S***ty Rams mock up”

spacer.png

I wouldn’t mind these, just need to be Navy over yellow for the primary look and limit the mono 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reddit leakers have an abysmal track record. It's almost always complete BS by people guessing so it looks like they have inside info.

 

But this does sound plausible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Reddit leakers have an abysmal track record. It's almost always complete BS by people guessing so it looks like they have inside info.

 

But this does sound plausible. 

 

If you go into this guy's comment history on Reddit, he's also claiming that one of the teams playing this weekend (would have to be Chiefs, Packers, or 49ers) is getting new uniforms next season in what he describes as a "bombshell."

 

He's also claiming that the Buccaneers' new uniforms will look like this:

 

spacer.png

 

So he's either the greatest leaker of all-time or it's yet another big load of crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

 

If you go into this guy's comment history on Reddit, he's also claiming that one of the teams playing this weekend (would have to be Chiefs, Packers, or 49ers) is getting new uniforms next season in what he describes as a "bombshell.”

There’s a few vague rumors floating around of possible KC changes so he’s not pulling that out of absolutely nowhere. Probably still wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Chiefs fans as well as several of us here would collectively lose our mindset KC went to a full scale uniform change.

 

But as for the "leak", it sounds awfully Teal-ish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

I think Chiefs fans as well as several of us here would collectively lose our mindset KC went to a full scale uniform change.

 

But as for the "leak", it sounds awfully Teal-ish?

 

Kansas City has arguably one of the best looks in all of football, anywhere.  There's absolutely no reason to change it and yes, Chiefs fan will collectively loose their :censored:.  It's beloved.  And I can't see Clark Hunt or anyone else in that building every pushing for or signing off on it.  

 

Hoping these "rumors" are just 1 little piece of internet trash that is being repeated.  If anyone has any factual truth to back this up, please PM me so that I can at least brace myself for the heart attack I'll have when they unveil whatever would screw up what is now perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

I think Chiefs fans as well as several of us here would collectively lose our mindset KC went to a full scale uniform change.

 

But as for the "leak", it sounds awfully Teal-ish?

 

I could see maybe a black alternate? Maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 1:59 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I understand ......

 

spacer.png

 

Man...that's a beautiful looking game. 😍 Wish Dallas went back to those colors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Volt said:

 

Kansas City has arguably one of the best looks in all of football, anywhere.  There's absolutely no reason to change it and yes, Chiefs fan will collectively loose their :censored:.  It's beloved.  And I can't see Clark Hunt or anyone else in that building every pushing for or signing off on it.  

 

Hoping these "rumors" are just 1 little piece of internet trash that is being repeated.  If anyone has any factual truth to back this up, please PM me so that I can at least brace myself for the heart attack I'll have when they unveil whatever would screw up what is now perfect.

 

The only change I want to see is the stripes on the jersey now go back to to cuffs of the jersey like it was before the Nike take over in 2012.

 

24 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

I could see maybe a black alternate? Maybe?


I think a black alternate would be a huge mistake.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

I think a black alternate would be a huge mistake.  

100% agree. I lost respect for the Lakers when they added black to a perfectly historic uniform. Don't do it Rams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

 

The only change I want to see is the stripes on the jersey now go back to to cuffs of the jersey like it was before the Nike take over in 2012.

 


I think a black alternate would be a huge mistake.  

 

 

I wholeheartedly second both of these thoughts.

 

In particular, the move of the stripes is a huge . . . .and completely unnecessary . . . downgrade in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

 

I wholeheartedly second both of these thoughts.

 

In particular, the move of the stripes is a huge . . . .and completely unnecessary . . . downgrade in my opinion.


I think it was an upgrade, since it allowed the stripes to finally adapt for the shoulder cap era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:


I think it was an upgrade, since it allowed the stripes to finally adapt for the shoulder cap era.

 

As a Chiefs fan, absolutely an upgrade.  It allows for a wider area of white & gold on the jersey and puts the TV number in a much more visible place.  In my opinion, it's better in every way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reddit rumours are almost always bunk. I don't believe a word of it. 

 

Everyone seems to be assuming they're going navy and athletic gold based off of a Happy New Years social media post the team made. Can we stop trying to extrapolate teams' new identities from social media? 

 

The Jets went with forest green and lime green on social media, only to unveil new uniforms in their old 80s colours of kelly green, white, and black.  

 

The Eagles have been using their midnight green and lime green in tandem on social media with no word of a change. 

 

The Jaguars were running with a black and white version of their logo leading up to their last change. People thought that might be the new logo/colour scheme. Nope. 

 

Teams have social media staff that do what they want, in ways they think will make their team's social media presence stand out. It's rarely, if ever, a sneak peak at a new identity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Reddit rumours are almost always bunk. I don't believe a word of it. 

 

Everyone seems to be assuming they're going navy and athletic gold based off of a Happy New Years social media post the team made. Can we stop trying to extrapolate teams' new identities from social media? 

 

The Jets went with forest green and lime green on social media, only to unveil new uniforms in their old 80s colours of kelly green, white, and black.  

 

The Eagles have been using their midnight green and lime green in tandem on social media with no word of a change. 

 

The Jaguars were running with a black and white version of their logo leading up to their last change. People thought that might be the new logo/colour scheme. Nope. 

 

Teams have social media staff that do what they want, in ways they think will make their team's social media presence stand out. It's rarely, if ever, a sneak peak at a new identity. 

Also the description sounds exactly like a concept I’ve seen before to the T, I need to find it first though.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/34843445/NFL-to-LA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Interesting. So, Gothamite, for your definition to work, it has to be a light color helmet or pants (white, yellow,  gold, silver) and the stripe goes dark/white/dark. I always thought of that classic football stripe (well before you gave it a name) as any three same-size stripes, as long as the center stripe is significantly lighter than the outer two stripes.  So the Bears current pants stripe definitely count, as would the traditional stripes the Vikings wore for most of their existance. 


I admit that my definition is more restrictive, and others would expand it to cover those teams.

 

My initial intent was to group the teams that adopted very similar striping patterns after the Packers adopted it.  Within a decade the look had become commonplace, and became iconic in the NFL. 

 

spacer.png
 

Even the Lions, who didn’t have white anywhere else  on their uniforms, wore the traditional Braisher stripes. 
 

And there you have it: maybe we could qualify “traditional” Braisher stripes as opposed to “modified”.  The traditional is color/white/color, but modified could incorporate any dark/light/dark of proportional thickness.  That would encompass both participants in Super Bowl IV:

 

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.