Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That’s my concept from several years ago when I entered the Uni Watch redesign contest, but someone has tweaked my design a bit.

You did a fine job. Fingers crossed they go in a direction similar to this.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/3/2020 at 1:54 PM, Lights Out said:

Royal blue and gold would technically be a new color scheme.

I hope they don't over think this.  There is no need to overthink this.  I hope they are not going with straight navy because that would be awful.  I hope they are going with Royal and yellow. 

5 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I hope they don't over think this.  There is no need to overthink this.  I hope they are not going with straight navy because that would be awful.  I hope they are going with Royal and yellow. 

Royal and yellow (athletic gold) and maybe a navy and white alternate to throw it back to the Deacon Jones days.

On 1/7/2020 at 12:32 PM, dont care said:

The stadium wasn’t keeping them from changing uniforms though. They could have changed at any time if they wantedp

Yes, but they wanted the rebranding and the new stadium to coincide. They thought it would only be three years of hideousness and it ended up being four. 

9 minutes ago, ramsker said:

Yes, but they wanted the rebranding and the new stadium to coincide. They thought it would only be three years of hideousness and it ended up being four. 

It was hideousness regardless, they didn’t have to do what they did.

Eh, if the results are good I won’t fault them for wanting to wait until they were settled in LA and had an opportunity to test the waters. 

It seemed clear from interviews that they were leaning towards a navy and white color scheme before moving back to LA; if their experience with the fans in Los Angeles convinced them to return to gold, that alone would have made it worth the wait. 

My only issue with most concepts and the current throwbacks is the lack of balance with white. The current throwback pants have a white stripe even though it's not present on the helmet or jersey. These concepts posted previously look awesome but there's still the white issue.

I'd like them to go USC and to eliminate all white except where they have to have it on the body of the white jersey. Would love a yellow jersey being worn regularly as well.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, aawagner011 said:

That’s my concept from several years ago when I entered the Uni Watch redesign contest, but someone has tweaked my design a bit. Here was my original concept:

spacer.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

I was nominated as “best commemorative patch” in the article.

Those uniforms are nearly perfect. I'd love the navy to be royal but otherwise, done. Kudos on keeping the horn/stripe consistent (not adding in white). 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:33 PM, aawagner011 said:

That’s my concept from several years ago when I entered the Uni Watch redesign contest, but someone has tweaked my design a bit. Here was my original concept:

spacer.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

I was nominated as “best commemorative patch” in the article.

It looks good on paper but I have a feeling the navy will look black in person that that could cause a problem. 

XM4KeeA.png

15 minutes ago, insert name said:

It looks good on paper but I have a feeling the navy will look black in person that that could cause a problem. 

That is my main complaint about using navy instead of royal blue. An LA team should have a bright primary color. The Raiders were an exception as those unis are untouchable). The Angels have a bright red and the Dodgers' blue is not royal but it is certainly brighter than navy.

18 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

My only issue with most concepts and the current throwbacks is the lack of balance with white. The current throwback pants have a white stripe even though it's not present on the helmet or jersey

Sure it is.  The jersey has white on the back, and the helmets have all those mandatory-white accessories.  That's plenty of white to balance out the pants stripe, when you look at the uniform as a whole.

859144002.jpg.0.jpg

I would be in favor of eliminating white altogether, but only when the NFL finally allows helmet bumpers and chin straps in team colors.

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I would be in favor of eliminating white altogether, but only when the NFL finally allows helmet bumpers and chin straps in team colors.

At which point, the board will have very firm "white chin straps always" and "white bumper always" vs. "no white chin strap" and "no white bumper" camps digging in their heels on almost every football thread.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Sure it is.  The jersey has white on the back, and the helmets have all those mandatory-white accessories.  That's plenty of white to balance out the pants stripe, when you look at the uniform as a whole.

859144002.jpg.0.jpg

I was definitely overlooking the NOB, which is not something I normally put much weight in, but the rest doesn't count to me. Standard equipment is not part of the design per se and I don't take them into that evaluation any more than someone having a white towel on them (or the white sock bottoms).

As I've said before I hope they pick a blue and base it off this set. The rest I can live with.

14 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I was definitely overlooking the NOB, which is not something I normally put much weight in, but the rest doesn't count to me. Standard equipment is not part of the design per se and I don't take them into that evaluation any more than someone having a white towel on them (or the white sock bottoms).

It might not be part of the conscious design, but it sure ends up being part of the uniform.

It's why I hate the white horns - they get lost and muddied among all the white on the current helmets.

898097674-los-angeles-rams-v-tennessee-t

When the design was first introduced, helmets didn't have all that noise all over them; chin straps were simpler, helmets didn't have bumpers or all that visible white padding, they were paired with a contrasting mask, and the white horns were allowed to stand out better.

Fearsome-Foursome-NFL-Football-03.jpg'

But in today's environment?  Has to be gold.

44 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It might not be part of the conscious design, but it sure ends up being part of the uniform.

It's why I hate the white horns - they get lost and muddied among all the white on the current helmets.

898097674-los-angeles-rams-v-tennessee-t

When the design was first introduced, helmets didn't have all that noise all over them; chin straps were simpler, helmets didn't have bumpers or all that visible white padding, they were paired with a contrasting mask, and the white horns were allowed to stand out better.

Fearsome-Foursome-NFL-Football-03.jpg'

But in today's environment?  Has to be gold.

Yes.  And the mask needs to be blue (or gray... always works for me).

Archived