Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

4 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Like I said, there's got to be a easier way to carry a flag than on a sword. You're also wasting a sword too.

The Cleveland Cavaliers' alternate logo for years was a red flag with a white C being flown from a sword. So let's not pretend this is suddenly a problem that needs fixing. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Volt said:

Correct, because stretch dazzle as a performance material is outdated.  It also reaks of the 90's.  We need to get over this fact.  Football jerseys were at one time cotton.  Then nylons came in.  Then mesh, your beloved razzle dazzle, and so on.  Today, it's proprietary wovens that are lighter, cooler, more durable, dry faster, and stretch.  That material performs best...and it just happens to be a matte material.

sOrRy itz nOt ShINnY

There's not a uniform material on Earth that holds up as well and as long as stretch dazzle.. we have some practice pants that are 15 years old and still holding up just fine, apart from some discoloration from years of daily abuse.. also, the "proprietary wovens" are lighter and cooler partly because of the large expanses of mesh ventilation panels currently used by Nike.. it's also worth noting that in my research, old dazzle material and current woven material is either identical or nearly identical in composition, so it's hard to believe the performance difference is anything substantial.. while I'm a fan of wovens, I'm also a fan of stretch dazzle, and they both have a place in the current football landscape in my opinion..

3 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

There's not a uniform material on Earth that holds up as well and as long as stretch dazzle.. we have some practice pants that are 15 years old and still holding up just fine, apart from some discoloration from years of daily abuse.. also, the "proprietary wovens" are lighter and cooler partly because of the large expanses of mesh ventilation panels currently used by Nike.. it's also worth noting that in my research, old dazzle material and current woven material is either identical or nearly identical in composition, so it's hard to believe the performance difference is anything substantial.. while I'm a fan of wovens, I'm also a fan of stretch dazzle, and they both have a place in the current football landscape in my opinion..

...the only mesh on a current Nike uniform is on the triangular homeplate.  That’s literally it.

Any person who holds dazzle in one hand and today’s lightweight wovens in the other and day they are “identical or nearly identical in composition” is not only being ridiculously foolish, but purposefully dishonest.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

34 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

You might be overthinking it.

4Mg0629.gif

34 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The Cleveland Cavaliers' alternate logo for years was a red flag with a white C being flown from a sword. So let's not pretend this is suddenly a problem that needs fixing. 

I don't have a real problem with it and I led off by saying it was something that confused me as a kid, with these being my thoughts as a kid. I guess people didn't pick up on the facetiousness of it, but that's posting on the internet for you, no tone to pick up on.

IbjBaeE.png

59 minutes ago, Volt said:

...the only mesh on a current Nike uniform is on the triangular homeplate.  That’s literally it.

Any person who holds dazzle in one hand and today’s lightweight wovens in the other and day they are “identical or nearly identical in composition” is not only being ridiculously foolish, but purposefully dishonest.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Anyone who reads the label in one hand and reads the label in the other hand will see visual confirmation that they are identical or nearly identical in composition.. 

Is Nike's matte fabric lighter than dazzle material? Probably. Just like the San Jose Sharks' sweaters are probably technically lighter than every other NHL team's sweaters on account of not having waist stripes. 

I'm not convinced either are lighter to a degree where it would noticeably impact performance or comfort though.

This is all besides the point, however. Nike is a cutting-edge apparel company. You're telling me they can't make shiny fabric that's lighter than the shiny fabric they used two decades ago? Of course they can. 

The reason that Nike's stuff is all matte is because that style is in. Or was in when they got the NFL contract. Dazzle fabric was the norm for a long time, so matte seemed fresh and new. It became trendy and Nike capitalized on that. 

Matte has now been the norm for a number of years. Dazzle fabric (or a lighter version of it) will eventually become "cool" because it will be seen as new and fresh after everyone has gotten use to matte as the status quo. You're already seeing it in the NHL. The Vegas Golden Knights got rave reviews for their use of dazzle embroidery and fabric on their sweaters. In part because it stands out in the mostly matte NHL. The pendulum hasn't swung back towards dazzle entirely, but it will in time. 

Fashion is cyclical, and Nike merely caters to what their customers want. Which is whatever is trendy. They'll come out with shiny football pants once that becomes "cool" again. 

1 minute ago, Bruhammydude said:

There's no way they get rid of the pewter, right? It doesn't look right without it.

Pewter is pointless if they won't use dazzle material for it. Otherwise it looks like a greyish brown. 

And I disagree. The Bucs' creamsicle look is great, and the concepts here that take the SB set and remove the pewter all look pretty nice. The team doesn't need it and probably shouldn't have it if they can't do it properly. 

2 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Kind of wish the one helmet rule didn't exist, so we could see some awesome throwbacks.

The easy solution is to use white helmets so they can easily change the decals for throwback games. 

Also? The one helmet rule is one of the best things about the NFL. May it never leave us. 

33 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Anyone who reads the label in one hand and reads the label in the other hand will see visual confirmation that they are identical or nearly identical in composition.. 

This is incredibly ignorant.  A 3-year old could pick up one of each and see and feel the difference. I'm done with this conversation. 

20 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

There's no way they get rid of the pewter, right? It doesn't look right without it.

Kind of wish the one helmet rule didn't exist, so we could see some awesome throwbacks.

If I had to guess right now I’d say pewter is going to get relegated to outline duty on numbers and stripes. I feel like it’s a safe bet white helmets are on the way.

6 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

If I had to guess right now I’d say pewter is going to get relegated to outline duty on numbers and stripes. I feel like it’s a safe bet white helmets are on the way.

What do you think the Chiefs are going to do with their redesign?

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

This is incredibly ignorant.  A 3-year old could pick up one of each and see and feel the difference. I'm done with this conversation. 

92% Nylon / 8% Spandex

91% Nylon / 9% Spandex

One is Nike's Vapor Untouchable Jerseys

One is Adidas stretch dazzle pants

Nearly identical material composition.. 

8 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

92% Nylon / 8% Spandex

91% Nylon / 9% Spandex

You can't really argue with someone who seems to take any slight against Nike as though you've personally insulted his mother. 😝

41 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

92% Nylon / 8% Spandex

91% Nylon / 9% Spandex

Well, Nike is the clear winner here due to the fact that their material composition makes the athlete wearing those particular pants .0000000000031% faster than the Adidas material.  

4 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Well, Nike is the clear winner here due to the fact that their material composition makes the athlete wearing those particular pants .0000000000031% faster than the Adidas material.  

Plot Twist: The Nike one is the 2nd one I listed.. mwah ha ha 😈

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

92% Nylon / 8% Spandex

91% Nylon / 9% Spandex

to be fair it’s not what they are made of but how they are woven. The dazzle material I’ve seen is knitted much thicker and heavier compared to the materials used today. Also the stretch is much better from the current materials. I assume dazzle is the way it is to display the shininess of it but I really don’t know

9 hours ago, WavePunter said:

92% Nylon / 8% Spandex

91% Nylon / 9% Spandex

But couldn't that 92% be 91% of 100oz for 91oz of nylon, while the other one is 91% of 50oz for 45.5 oz of nylon?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived