2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

I just assume Jared Goff actively tries to avoid Aaron Donald at the Rams facilities at this point and they don't have full team scrimmages because I have no idea how Donald hasn't just flat out murdered Goff at this point otherwise.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I've said before, Eagles don't win that Super Bowl if Wentz didn't get hurt. 

Carson doesn't replicate the same performance Foles did to beat Brady. 

I really don't know what will happen with Wentz. Eagles will probably be forced to keep him next year because no team will take the cap hit for him.

I could see a team going in on Stafford if The Lions are willing to trade him, he could benefit the most from being on a new team, but the asking price for him will be pretty high.  

Stafford has a roster bonus of $10 million due on the 5th day of the league year, so we will know by early March his status.

Just now, rams80 said:

I just assume Jared Goff actively tries to avoid Aaron Donald at the Rams facilities at this point and they don't have full team scrimmages because I have no idea how Donald hasn't just flat out murdered Goff at this point otherwise.

This is how I feel about Haskins and Washington. He’s obviously not wanted there (and rightfully so) and it makes me feel like they just give him reps for charity. If a practice squad QB can damn near outperform a 1st round draft pick in under a quarter, there’s something serious wrong.

Should they "freeze" records for draft purposes after week 12 or 14 (or sometime before the end)?

Next week, the WFT has to beat the Eagles to win the division, but the Eagles have every incentive to lose (and while the players will certainly give max effort, the coach could very easily make some peculiar substitutions or some other seemingly-bonehead calls.)

I don't think it's possible for a team to tank a season like they do in basketball, but putting key guys on IR that are legitimately hurt, but not injured can happen, and all kinds of other shenanigans. 

If they said that the records for draft purposes (non-playoff teams, obv) were capped at week 14, then the final two weeks will likely be more competitive because even crap teams will want to have fake momentum going into next year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Should they "freeze" records for draft purposes after week 12 or 14 (or sometime before the end)?

Next week, the WFT has to beat the Eagles to win the division, but the Eagles have every incentive to lose (and while the players will certainly give max effort, the coach could very easily make some peculiar substitutions or some other seemingly-bonehead calls.)

I don't think it's possible for a team to tank a season like they do in basketball, but putting key guys on IR that are legitimately hurt, but not injured can happen, and all kinds of other shenanigans. 

If they said that the records for draft purposes (non-playoff teams, obv) were capped at week 14, then the final two weeks will likely be more competitive because even crap teams will want to have fake momentum going into next year.

Fixing what isn't broken, IMO.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

That Eagles team was legitimately a great team, before and after the Wentz injury.  That was not a fluke.

What's become of that team is a testament to mismanagement at all levels.

That team doesn't win without a competent QB though. Not in a shootout with the Patriots. Maybe Foles is the greatest backup of all time or something, but the Lombardi doesn't go to Philadelphia with a less capable guy under center.

56 minutes ago, BBTV said:

They didn't convince everyone - Wentz did, by his legit great play.  He was the presumptive MVP, and that was coming off of a very good rookie season.  Torn ACL, broken back, concussion, and the mental makeup of a guy that played at North Dakota State U and never in any kind of pressure big-market situation were his downfall.

He's a great example of why great D1-AA players should be looked at with a lot of skepticism.  He definitely has a ton of talent, but doesn't have the mental makeup to handle it when things don't go his way and it's in Philadelphia and not north-east nutsack Dakota.  He's never been challenged with adversity like he has in the NFL, and he's failed those challenges.  All he cares about is praying to Jesus 12 hours a day and praising his lord and savior.  Maybe he should spend that time practicing.

The same can be said of great FBS players. How am I supposed to expect greatness from a guy that played at Ohio State, when he had the best o-line, best receivers, and best coaches, while playing a scrub team like Michigan? Who's to say that they can deal with anything that vaguely resembles adversity?

Rams-Cardinals was another option and that game is full on “Sickos” status with the Cardinals flagging and the Rams possibly running out a QB with no regular season experience and down to RB3.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

29 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

NFC East game for the Week 17 finale.

Some things never change.

I was worried that it would of been Dallas at New York, but seeing the Football Team in prime time is a nice treat.

Thank God for Tank Division.

17 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

I was worried that it would of been Dallas at New York, but seeing the Football Team in prime time is a nice treat.

Thank God for Tank Division.

It's the logical late game for next week, but boy is it junky. I'd rather see Green Bay stomp Chicago.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Did the teams who have a retractable roof open the roofs in their stadium this year because of Covid-19? 

I feel like some did early on, but that may have just been the normal usage.

Im pretty sure I saw Bucs-Falcons a week ago was under a closed roof.

13 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

That team doesn't win without a competent QB though. Not in a shootout with the Patriots. Maybe Foles is the greatest backup of all time or something, but the Lombardi doesn't go to Philadelphia with a less capable guy under center.

Nick Foles had a season for the Eagles when he threw 27TD vs 2 INTs (including tying the record for most TDs in a game) but never did anything since - whether in Philadelphia or two other teams that he couldn't play for.  

He is a "leader" and was on a roll for two games that post season (people forget that he sucked in the first playoff game vs Atlanta, and they won because the rest of the team was so strong).  There's no reason to think that had Wentz been playing, they would have had better odds against NE.  We obviously know how the game played out, but Wentz was out of his mind that year and looked like "the next big thing".

Of course Wentz is now just a broken down guy who's forever crippled by the ghost of Foles and his own lack of mental toughness, so it's irrelevant.  

My bold prediction - Wentz will move on to Indianapolis (reunited with Frank Reich) and have a HOF career.  He just needs a fresh start in a place where football doesn't matter and he can worry about all his other endeavours and football "just happens".  He can rework his contract so as not to sacrifice his guaranteed money but make himself more tradable.  That's what will happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Fixing what isn't broken, IMO.

Agreed. Seeing a lot of "what did the Jaguars do to deserve Trevor Lawrence?" shots and we went through that last year with "what have the Bengals done to deserve Joe Burrow?". The Jaguars didn't do anything, the Bengals didn't do anything, but the fans did something. We had to endure the worst season that any fanbase had to endure that year and we should get some reward for that. The dangling carrot of the #1 pick is how you keep the fanbases engaged who have no reason to be engaged. Under a different system where the 2019 Bengals went 2-14 and didn't get to pick first I probably would've given the NFL the double birds and stopped watching. 

But besides that I don't think you need to legislate tanking out of a sport where it largely doesn't exist. And those of us who watch the NBA and NHL know that lotteries don't do anything to discourage tanking. 

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Did the teams who have a retractable roof open the roofs in their stadium this year because of Covid-19? 

IDK, maybe, but I've heard Bill O'Brien demanded a closed roof for all the Texans home games. When he got fired and they opened it it was the first time in years that they'd played a home game with the roof open. I know it was open yesterday. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, Sport said:

Agreed. Seeing a lot of "what did the Jaguars do to deserve Trevor Lawrence?" shots and we went through that last year with "what have the Bengals done to deserve Joe Burrow?". The Jaguars didn't do anything, the Bengals didn't do anything, but the fans did something. We had to endure the worst season that any fanbase had to endure that year and we should get some reward for that. The dangling carrot of the #1 pick is how you keep the fanbases engaged who have no reason to be engaged. Under a different system where the 2019 Bengals went 2-14 and didn't get to pick first I probably would've given the NFL the double birds and stopped watching. 

You know who the worst teams are by everyone's 12th game - especially by their 14th game.  Stopping it right there doesn't change who's fans get to see the 'fruit of their suffering', nor wiill it stop tanking (though as we've discussed, it doesn't happen much in the NFL.)

But as a FAN, I want to always root for my team to win, and I simply can't now.  I should never be disappointed by a victory, but that's the situation I'm currently in.  If the draft order was wrapped up last week, then I can root hard for my team to win just like usual.  Wouldn't that benefit all fans?

Archived