2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't care if we lost the number 1 pick, I'm just happy we finally won a game. I hate this tank culture so much. I never wanna see my team go winless. That's a national embarrassment people will never forget. Fans wanna get mad that our team won, then go ahead. I'm gonna enjoy this win. 

XM4KeeA.png

I didn't think I'd get used to empty stadium NFL football, but I totally have.

It'll be nice next season when butts are in seats again, but for the moment, it's interesting how legitimate and competitive the games still feel even played in front of nobody.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, insert name said:

I hate this tank culture so much. I never wanna see my team go winless. That's a national embarrassment people will never forget.

I hate it too. Last year for the Bengals it was Tank for Tua, then it became Bungle for Burrow. This year its Sucking for Sewell.

Signature intentionally left blank

1 hour ago, insert name said:

I honestly don't care if we lost the number 1 pick, I'm just happy we finally won a game. I hate this tank culture so much. I never wanna see my team go winless. That's a national embarrassment people will never forget. Fans wanna get mad that our team won, then go ahead. I'm gonna enjoy this win. 

Every team that doesn't make the playoffs should have equal odds to get any of the draft picks allocated to non-playoff teams. That's the only way you get rid of tanking culture. If you could finish dead last and still end up with a mid-round draft pick, you aren't going to go out of your way to try and assemble a non-competitive roster with the aim of a high draft pick, anymore.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Every team that doesn't make the playoffs should have equal odds to get any of the draft picks allocated to non-playoff teams. That's the only way you get rid of tanking culture. If you could finish dead last and still end up with a mid-round draft pick, you aren't going to go out of your way to try and assemble a non-competitive roster with the aim of a high draft pick, anymore.

In the NFL, actually tanking has never really been a thing. I mean, sure, fans and TV gasbags spend a lot of time talking about it, but you'll never get 40 some players who are trying to have a career, and coaches fighting for their jobs, to go out and not try. The NBA is different. There are so few players on the floor at any given time that an owner or GM can really effect the games, but I can't honestly think of a time when an NFL team didn't at least try. (And, no, I don't think the Jets choke job against Las Vegas was intensional. If they were activey trying to lose, it never would've gotten that close.)

Panthers fire GM Marty Hurney. I'm surprised it happened now, but he was the last of the old guard. I actually liked Hurney 2.0's tenure, especially draft-wise, but I understand why Tepper got rid of him. I'm hoping the next GM will be able to draft as well as Hurney did without the awful contracts to veterans.

the user formerly known as cdclt

13 hours ago, Dilbert said:

I hate it too. Last year for the Bengals it was Tank for Tua, then it became Bungle for Burrow. This year its Sucking for Sewell.

Sewell does have a chance to keep Burrow upright for a decade. 

Also, wasn't Baker Mayfield supposed to suck this year?  What happened?

17 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I didn't think I'd get used to empty stadium NFL football, but I totally have.

It'll be nice next season when butts are in seats again, but for the moment, it's interesting how legitimate and competitive the games still feel even played in front of nobody.

I don't miss the constant cutbacks to fans after every single play. It seems like those shots have only gotten used more and more over the past few years, and a lot of them just zoom into the most demonstrative fans thinking they're reality TV stars. They just come off as an empty exclamation after an incomplete pass on a 2nd and 8 early in the third quarter.  For the most part, I have enjoyed watching the games on TV and seeing a lot more of the players and activity on the field, and hearing the QB's audibles has been interesting. The fake crowd noise (booing an offsides call in an empty stadium) and the commentators continuous comments about the QB's audibles has been jarring.

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

In the NFL, actually tanking has never really been a thing. I mean, sure, fans and TV gasbags spend a lot of time talking about it, but you'll never get 40 some players who are trying to have a career, and coaches fighting for their jobs, to go out and not try. The NBA is different. There are so few players on the floor at any given time that an owner or GM can really effect the games, but I can't honestly think of a time when an NFL team didn't at least try. (And, no, I don't think the Jets choke job against Las Vegas was intensional. If they were activey trying to lose, it never would've gotten that close.)

I tend to agree.  It's more difficult in the NFL to just rest guys than it is in the NBA. Players try to win win they're on the field/floor but with 22 starters plus special teams in a season that's only 16 games, teams don't have the luxery to water down who's playing the way that NBA teams do. And as you allude to, all but a few NFL players are always performing for their professional lives into next year. A team like the Jags and Jets right now might error a bit more on the side of caution with banged-up players than, say, the Cardinals, but with only 16 games, they're going to want to give everyone the game reps, even Sam Darnold.

There's also the FOOTBALL! culture about carrying over into next season.

And I'm not one of those fans that reacts negatively to hoping for a better draft pick. I get frustrated when a non-playoff Viking team wins four of its last five and drops down several picks (and I've been told I am wrong...meh). I've always dreaded the idea of my team making 0-16 history but honestly, if there's a potential HOF QB at stake, I think I'd take it. I don't blame Jets fans that are unhappy about yesterday.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, schlim said:

I don't miss the constant cutbacks to fans after every single play. It seems like those shots have only gotten used more and more over the past few years, and a lot of them just zoom into the most demonstrative fans thinking they're reality TV stars. They just come off as an empty exclamation after an incomplete pass on a 2nd and 8 early in the third quarter.  For the most part, I have enjoyed watching the games on TV and seeing a lot more of the players and activity on the field, and hearing the QB's audibles has been interesting. The fake crowd noise (booing an offsides call in an empty stadium) and the commentators continuous comments about the QB's audibles has been jarring.

Man I can't believe I hadn't thought of this but you're totally right. I HATE crowd shots. 

On 12/17/2020 at 2:11 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Game 17 in a neutral site is an amazing idea. Give the Louisvilles and Birminghams of the world a taste of NFL football without burning through so many spring leagues.

Y'all remember the Hall of Fame game that was cancelled because the paint of the field was a total joke? Or when Mexico City MNF was cancelled 'cause the turf was a complete mess? That kind of field mismanagement is what I see the NFL encountering with games in "B markets" like Birmingham and L'ville

6uXNWAo.png

29 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Hey JuJu, maybe dancing on the logo of your opponent is a terrible idea? You got smoked in Buffalo when you did that, and now you're getting embarrassed by the :censored:in' BENGALS.

Embarrassed doesn't begin to describe it. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived