After 230 years, King Arthur Flour rebrands

CS85

This all screams of "we did this to make our app icon easier to see."

I hope someday they return to something more akin their old look.  You don't just throw away over 200 years of recognition.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is what happens when people are working from home for too long. They convince themselves they need to rebrand flour.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is what happens when people are working from home for too long. They convince themselves they need to rebrand flour.

Or that the WFH crowd has spent so much damned money on flour for their newfound baking projects that King Arthur has more money than they know what to do with.

I think I get it, I'd imagine that food (more than other industries) is a place where you don't want to look dated, like your product has been sitting on that shelf for years. Not that King Arthur's suffered that yet, though, so who knows.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I don't know if Jessica Alba's company makes flour, but the new King Arthur logo reminds me of the Wellness Company:

Honest_logo.png

Which itself is designed to look completely inoffensive in any possible way.

My girlfriend is gluten free, so I'm stuck buying expensive GF flour mostly by Bob's Red Mill. My options are limited. And if I were to buy flour, I'd either buy King Arthur because I liked the old logo or the store brand because it's cheapest. Like a lot of rebrands, I'm not sure who this is for.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can I simultaneously like the new logo while also thinking it's a shame that they completely abandoned a classic visual identity that didn't need to be changed?

Agreed with @SCL that at a minimum they should have cleaned up the old font and found a way to keep it.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

• 3 weeks later...

🙁

Why?

I don't know that a flour brand can ever be iconic, but it was at least recognizable from a glance. The new logo, without context, is fine, but the rebrand seems unnecessary in this case. For an essentially generic product (flour), at least use a logo that doesn't look it was a part of someone's "30 rebrands in 30 days" portfolio stuffer.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:25 PM, pianoknight said:

DsGsN8eVAAAZ5Dz.jpg

that is Sir Michael Palin's son Tom Palin by the way. 

ps, for those of you living around the DC area, head south on I95 and you cross this (south of Fredericksburg) 

Randy S. Robbins on Twitter: "It's on I-95, a few miles north of ...

so long and thanks for all the fish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived