NFL 2020

FormerLurker

On 9/1/2020 at 8:09 AM, HuntTheJones said:

spacer.png

don't do that...don't give me hope...   also, Come one Saints, just redo to this and have all the golds match too 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2020 at 9:09 AM, HuntTheJones said:

spacer.png

This is a gorgeous uniform and would instantly vault the Saints from bottom ten to top ten uniforms in the league, but it's safe to say they don't see it that way, and have no intention of doing it. Last season, they doubled down on their current uniform philosophy by adding plain white pants and socks to match their plain black pants and socks, and more or less dumping the gold pants altogether. Most of us think they look like garbage, but my guess is they are under the weird impression that they look good.

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is a gorgeous uniform and would instantly vault the Saints from bottom ten to top ten uniforms in the league, but it's safe to say they don't see it that way, and have no intention of doing it. Last season, they doubled down on their current uniform philosophy by adding plain white pants and socks to match their plain black pants and socks, and more or less dumping the gold pants altogether. Most of us think they look like garbage, but my guess is they are under the weird impression that they look good.

I think they dumped the gold pants because of Nike’s allergy to metallic fabrics. It’s pretty clear, though, that a lot of teams think monochrome looks good, and I just don’t get that. 

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I think they dumped the gold pants because of Nike’s allergy to metallic fabrics. 

I wonder about that. It's certainly possible, and I know a lot of people on this board said the same thing about the Rams when they dropped their metallic gold pants. But I can't help but be a little skeptical of it... I know it's the kind of thing we obsess over, but, considering the Saints' various golds never matched anyway, it's hard to imagine them deciding the non-metallic gold was the final straw.  I think they just have terrible taste.

NFL Players Can Swap Jerseys By Mail Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

September 8, 2020 - 20:48 PM

If they want to swap jerseys this season, NFL players will first have to exchange addresses after the league announced on Monday it is partnering with Tide Laundry Detergent and Fabric Care Products to facilitate such trades.  While the postgame jersey swap is a soccer tradition that originated in Europe

Read More...

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I wonder about that. It's certainly possible, and I know a lot of people on this board said the same thing about the Rams when they dropped their metallic gold pants. But I can't help but be a little skeptical of it... I know it's the kind of thing we obsess over, but, considering the Saints' various golds never matched anyway, it's hard to imagine them deciding the non-metallic gold was the final straw.  I think they just have terrible taste.

Didn’t the Rams drop the gold pants pre-swoosh?

5 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

NFL Players Can Swap Jerseys By Mail Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

September 8, 2020 - 20:48 PM

If they want to swap jerseys this season, NFL players will first have to exchange addresses after the league announced on Monday it is partnering with Tide Laundry Detergent and Fabric Care Products to facilitate such trades.  While the postgame jersey swap is a soccer tradition that originated in Europe

Read More...

So players can tackle each other and grab and tear jerseys for 60 minutes can't switch the same jerseys after the game? Weird.

It's Me

10 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

So players can tackle each other and grab and tear jerseys for 60 minutes can't switch the same jerseys after the game? Weird.

And they're all supposedly tested before games, so in theory, it's not possible for the opponent's jersey to be contaminated.  I'm not sure what the science says about sweat, but if your sweat has it, then the jersey would be soaked in it, and two players that may otherwise not have come in contact with each other (like two QBs) are now exposed (and that covid-soaked jersey is now back in the locker room where others could be exposed.)  I"m not saying that's a strong argument, but it's one they could make to support the rule.  If their testing is good and players are following the rules, then it should be a moot point.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

And they're all supposedly tested before games, so in theory, it's not possible for the opponent's jersey to be contaminated.  I'm not sure what the science says about sweat, but if your sweat has it, then the jersey would be soaked in it, and two players that may otherwise not have come in contact with each other (like two QBs) are now exposed (and that covid-soaked jersey is now back in the locker room where others could be exposed.)  I"m not saying that's a strong argument, but it's one they could make to support the rule.  If their testing is good and players are following the rules, then it should be a moot point.

Scientists say there's no evidence that sweat, by itself, can transmit COVID-19.

Rather, experts say, perspiration would need to become contaminated with virus-laden respiratory droplets, phlegm or mucus from an infected person and then come into direct contact with another person's mouth, nose, or eye mucous membranes in order for a sweat-borne infection to occur.

https://www.sweathelp.org/taking-action/news-blog/468-sweat-and-covid-19.html

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well I'd prefer to read that from a site not titled "SweatHelp.org", but that's probably accurate, and shoots down that admittedly weak argument.   Maybe they just don't want the players within 6-feet of each other when not playing?  IDK... there doesn't seem to be a great reason for it.  I think it's a pretty silly "tradition", but seems relatively harmless.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

30 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Well I'd prefer to read that from a site not titled "SweatHelp.org", but that's probably accurate, and shoots down that admittedly weak argument.   Maybe they just don't want the players within 6-feet of each other when not playing?  IDK... there doesn't seem to be a great reason for it.  I think it's a pretty silly "tradition", but seems relatively harmless.

The Champions League banned this too, so the players just walked down a tunnel away from cameras and handed them off. The only thing that makes sense at all is taking off the tracking beacons that jerseys have now. Granted the recipients team manager could pull that off too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Champions League banned this too, so the players just walked down a tunnel away from cameras and handed them off. The only thing that makes sense at all is taking off the tracking beacons that jerseys have now. Granted the recipients team manager could pull that off too.

Time out...what??? :blink:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 8/7/2020 at 9:30 AM, WSU151 said:

I realize this is a post from January about the 2013 Pro Bowl...but it makes me wish the Giants brought the back red outlines on the numbers. That Pro Bowl uni is better IMO than just New York's current blue and white. 

The Giants have the potential to be one of the best looking teams in the league but simply choose not to. The switch to white pants was good, but they need to have "GIANTS" on their helmet and completely redo their absurd white jerseys

10 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

The Giants have the potential to be one of the best looking teams in the league but simply choose not to. The switch to white pants was good, but they need to have "GIANTS" on their helmet and completely redo their absurd white jerseys

I like the idea of taking their color rush uniform and promoting it to the main road while demoting the white and red road jersey as an alternate/throwback, but I do have problems with it.

1) The old Giants uniforms from the 70s-90s people like look way too similar to the Bills current set sans helmet color. Furthermore, the home version really doesn't age well in my mind and looks very outdated compared to the road.

2) I don't agree with the Giants on the helmet thing, which was only done when the team moved to NJ in 1976 and didn't want to "lie" about their location in the first place. The square nature of the NY works a lot better on the helmet.

3) The Giants have played like total trash in those white color rush uniforms.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

7 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

3) The Giants have played like total trash in those white color rush uniforms.

They've also done that in the regular uniforms. The Lawrence Taylor era uniforms look better because it doesn't seem that every piece was picked at random, like the current away uniforms do since their's no blue at all on the jerseys except for the logo. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

2) I don't agree with the Giants on the helmet thing, which was only done when the team moved to NJ in 1976 and didn't want to "lie" about their location in the first place. The square nature of the NY works a lot better on the helmet.

This is an interesting topic and not sure how Giants fans feel because I'm not one. But seeing the word in bold capital letters feels more, well, "giant" to me than lowercase "ny". I think the latter works much better as a secondary mark, but I also feel like all NY teams like to put those letters on everything as it probably sells better.

I wonder if the Ravens didn't apply the 25th anniversary patch on the jerseys...haven't seen it in the photoshoots, social media posts, etc.

Fanatics/NFL Shop doesn't even have it on the jerseys being sold nor is there a standalone patch.

Maybe we'll only see it on-field at the 25 for gameday, possibly? Just a thought, but I'll wait to see if the Week 1 hype video coming soon previews anything for us.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Archived