NFL 2020

FormerLurker

12 minutes ago, Froob said:

Why do people like the Giants grey pants? They’re kinda dreary.

Well, the Giants' gray pants are pretty much the same as the gray pants worn by Detroit, Seattle (when looking their best), Las Vegas, and up until this season, New England.  Are all those teams wearing dreary pants too?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, the Giants' gray pants are pretty much the same as the gray pants worn by Detroit, Seattle (when looking their best), Las Vegas, and up until this season, New England.  Are all those teams wearing dreary pants too?

Those grand all have grey in the rest of their identity so it looks more cohesive/on purpose. The grey pants, with no other Grey in the set and bright white numbers, look dreary/dirty compared to others

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

New field design in Atlanta to coincide with the new uniforms. I have a feeling this isn’t going to go over too well! I like the bold contrasting red text on black, but the white outlines don’t match the jerseys so it seems strange. Also strange is that the Atlanta Falcons text and field markers appear to be a different font that I haven’t seen before. The field markers don’t match the jersey font, which is the recent trend across football.

I’ll be curious to see if this is the full time design or if they’ll tweak it depending on the jersey style (such as the gradient or white, both of which they’re scheduled to wear at home this year). I’m somewhat surprised to see black endzones knowing that they split the field with Atlanta United but they did it once last year against the Saints so maybe that was a test run.

spacer.png

spacer.png

So they’re the “Atlanta ATL falcons”?

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

They are the Atlanta "ATL" Falcons, like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

The Atlanta "ATL" Falcons like the Atlanta "Krunk" Wolverines.

The whole ATL thing is just stupid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That stadium looks like such a monstrosity with that stupid end-zone "wing" section, the weird lighting, and the "just barely open even when it's open" top to it.

It's like the The Homer of stadiums, with all the gimmicks.  SoFi and Allegiant look down right quotidian compared to this thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That stadium looks like such a monstrosity with that stupid end-zone "wing" section, the weird lighting, and the "just barely open even when it's open" top to it.

It's like the The Homer of stadiums, with all the gimmicks.  SoFi and Allegiant look down right quotidian compared to this thing.

Megatron's butthole is one of the worst new stadiums in recent memory, which is great for me because it gives me one more thing to laugh at Atlanta about. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

19 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Those grand all have grey in the rest of their identity so it looks more cohesive/on purpose. The grey pants, with no other Grey in the set and bright white numbers, look dreary/dirty compared to others

This exactly.

20 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

That is incorrect. The Giants have grey facemasks.

BB14J4Db.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l

Just now, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Unless you have prominent gray in your color scheme, a gray facemask is a neutral color, like away jerseys in baseball.

Sure that's true with the Colts facemask for example (or the Giants home facemask), but the grey facemask literally matches the grey pants...

55 minutes ago, Ark said:

Sure that's true with the Colts facemask for example (or the Giants home facemask), but the grey facemask literally matches the grey pants...

To me it’s not enough to obviously “match” the gray pants.  Dosent change how the white looks in any big way to be exact 

Wait.  If the Giants gray pants bug you because there isn't enough gray in the rest of the uniform, how come you aren't bothered by the gray they left on the white pants stripes?  Seems like you're just moving the goalposts to fit your argument.  

The white pants suck.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Wait.  If the Giants gray pants bug you because there isn't enough gray in the rest of the uniform, how come you aren't bothered by the gray they left on the white pants stripes?  Seems like you're just moving the goalposts to fit your argument.  

The white pants suck.

Who said I wasn’t...? They both stink. Just use the white pants without the gray stripe and it would look much less “dingy”. I’m not moving goalposts because I don’t have an argument, it’s my humble opinion on pants color 😂

Archived