NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like having known about the Rams uniforms since May has desensitized the bad parts of the uniforms. Yeah, it looks ugly, yeah, they'd look much better in more standard uniforms. but it doesn't feel jarringly bad anymore compared to the shock when they were first unveiled

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The color of the helmet looks faaaaantastic on TV. Everything else? Well,

Fantastic? How? I think it's too bright somehow, way to vibrant and hard to look at. Maybe it's the finish of the helmet but I think the shade needs to be a couple notches darker at least. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

23 minutes ago, _J_ said:

Seeing these bone jerseys on TVand honestly? I like them a LOT more than I did before.

Bone looks more grey than anything else. Only thing is that this jersey needs more yellow.

The bone jerseys would be somewhat passable if it wasn't for the completely different shoulder stripes than the home and all of the yellow and especially the white parts that get lost in it. Oh and if blue pants were worn.

Here are all of the new uniforms so far.

Browns back to looking fantastic. You can see the quirk on the 7 here but overall it’s harmless. Good job, Browns. I dig the custom font with the classic look. It’s a nice blending of modern and classic.

spacer.png

Ditto for the Chargers. I hope they regularly wear these yellow pants. They’re gorgeous.

spacer.png

Washington looks fine for a holdover but could be better. I think they should have kept the helmet stripes and if they were going to use helmet numbers, they should match the styling as the jersey. White numbers with a gold outline. It looks especially weird here since both are on a burgundy background.

spacer.png

Negligible change for the Colts. The classic font is good but I thought we’d see a serif on the 7.

spacer.png

Pats look good but desperately need silver pants. The all blue is fine for a change of pace but this will get stale wearing the same pants 16 games a season. Also, you can see here how they’re intermingling last year’s Color Rush (see 72) with this year’s new set. Lack of attention to detail. If you’re going to bother changing the number font, commit to it and do it right. I was worried this would happen when they used the old jerseys for photo day.

spacer.png

Bucs are gorgeous and we can just forget the last few years ever happened. Really hoping they wear the pewter pants with the white jersey but all white is still great, too. A massive improvement. This shows me that in addition to the terrible old design, the Bucs need that little bit of black mixed in. They use a lot of colors but it totally works.

spacer.png

I still don’t think the Falcons are as bad as everyone is making them out to be. All black is okay but probably the weakest of the regular sets (home and road, not accounting for the gradient which will see use in only one game). White pants will look good with the black jersey and the white jersey will go great with both white and black pants. Looking forward to see how they mix things up this year. The red pants remain a question mark seeing as they have a black stripe which match nothing else.

spacer.png

No photos yet from the Rams SNF matchup against the Cowboys so I’ll post this one from a scrimmage. In a live game, I’m not noticing a lot of the quirks that bother me as much. The bone seems generally harmless, I’m not catching the shiny finish on the numbers unless it’s a really zoomed in shot, and it’s hard to see the white and yellow trim. I’ll be curious to see the blue set. I know I won’t like the gradient numbers. The blue helmets look super bright on TV, almost too much.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, JustForFun said:

Not a fan of the Rams' eggshell or ecru or dirty white uniform or whatever, but it sure is nice to see bright colors coming back to the NFL after so many years of dark, sludgy, and completely similar navy/midnight/black uniforms.

i thought the same watching the chargers highlights earlier. even though i didn't necessarily love the white over yellow, i still appreciated the vibrancy of the uniform (to clarify, i am a huge fan of LAC's overall set)

Is there a white stripe on the Rams' pants?  I've paused the game multiple times and still can't tell.  Maybe it's the pant fabric and skin color peeking through so the black and white guys look different.  Either way, way too little contrast.  

I think I could accept the "bone" if the pants had blue and the jersey didn't have white.  They could've been the single team to have zero white anywhere but they use it for tiny almost invisible shoulder caps and gradient numbers...

I know this comment is right after my last comment from a couple minutes ago as I am typing this but I think there is far too much monochrome in the NFL right now. If a team is going to wear monochrome, at least wear contrasting socks. 

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Question, are Washington's uniforms still the same besides the helmet?

In addition to the lack of helmet stripes and logos, they changed the chest wordmark. It used to read “(Washington Football Team).”

4 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

Is there a white stripe on the Rams' pants?  I've paused the game multiple times and still can't tell.  Maybe it's the pant fabric and skin color peeking through so the black and white guys look different.  Either way, way too little contrast.

Yes, the pants have a white and yellow stripe. Very subtle depending on the lighting. Here a few more looks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

NFL is notorious for fining players for violations, how about wearing undershirt of different color than jersey and having it displayed?  The number of Rams with blue cumberbunds is crazy.  Although maybe it's preferable to monobone.  Honestly it's not too terrible with blue socks.

Archived