NFL 2020

FormerLurker

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Fixed. Indy had ONE job with their new uniforms and blew it.

Anyway, your actual statement... I prefer the Bills with a white facemask, even if they went back to a red helmet.

spacer.png

I'm realizing now how little attention I've paid to the Bills. I saw this photo and thought, do they really have white facemasks? I could've swore they were red. 

Then I look at their regular helmets and see gray facemasks, and I'm even more disappointed that they're not red.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm realizing now how little attention I've paid to the Bills. I saw this photo and thought, do they really have white facemasks? I could've swore they were red. 

Then I look at their regular helmets and see gray facemasks, and I'm even more disappointed that they're not red.

They typically wear white facemasks with their red color rush, but this photo is from an article when they decided to wear them with one of their normal sets.

3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

They typically wear white facemasks with their red color rush, but this photo is from an article when they decided to wear them with one of their normal sets.

I get it. I think my broader point was that I had forgotten they're one of the gray facemask teams. And while I'm hardly a member of this board's anti-gray mask cabal, I concede that they look particularly lifeless on the white Bills helmets. 

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I get it. I think my broader point was that I had forgotten they're one of the gray facemask teams. And while I'm hardly a member of this board's anti-gray mask cabal, I concede that they look particularly lifeless on the white Bills helmets. 

IMO, the Bills are the only R-W-B team who could utilize all three of those colors for facemasks.

The Colts facemask should be blue not grey. The only mess up with the new update. 

The Giants facemask should be white not grey aka just use the color rush helmet full time.

Now teams like Pittsburgh & Washington should definitely be grey facemask teams.

I love the Bills white helmet. There’s just something timeless about it, as opposed to the red helmet which looks dated. I also really like the grey mask for them, because it’s a little more neutral, rather than the white, which stands out more off the helmet. Kinda like how the Rams white facemask looked a little odd with their navy helmet with white horns. It stands out and not in a good way. Blue or red wouldn’t look terrible, but not as good as grey. The navy also needs to go. I still don’t understand why there’s trance amounts there. The only place it works is the numbers, because it keeps the outlines from bleeding into the jerseys a ton...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I like both the red and white helmet for Buffalo for different reasons. The red helmet is quintessential Bills, there's something undeniably classic and unique about it that's really appealing. On the other hand, the logo pops much better off the white shells since you can better distinguish the motion stripe.

spacer.png

I think my new personal rule is:

Gray facemasks can and should be used instead of white on any colored shell.  White facemasks are acceptable on white helmets only, but gray is still preferred.  Not sure why, but I just hate white facemasks - especially when the helmet isn't white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I think my new personal rule is:

Gray facemasks can and should be used instead of white on any colored shell.  White facemasks are acceptable on white helmets only, but gray is still preferred.  Not sure why, but I just hate white facemasks - especially when the helmet isn't white.

Do you dislike the white facemask for the Chiefs? I'm not a big fan of white facemasks either but I think that's the only colour that would work for them.

I don't like the white facemask on the Bills red helmet though so I'm not even going to try to come up with a personal rule.

1 minute ago, Gobbi said:

Do you dislike the white facemask for the Chiefs? I'm not a big fan of white facemasks either but I think that's the only colour that would work for them.

I don't like the white facemask on the Bills red helmet though so I'm not even going to try to come up with a personal rule.

I pointed it out in the Washington thread, but on the NBCSports Washington pregame show, there was a graphic using a burgundy helmet with the team’s standard stripes and a white facemask. I thought it looked better than the one they use now.

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

I think gray would be better for the Chiefs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

I like both, but grey has the slightest edge for me.

spacer.png

They’ve used white masks since 1974, but the grey works just as well with the set, if not a little better.

Came here to post that same photo. This is going to sound like some dumb logic, but I think it would work with the set a little bit better if the yellow number outline was dropped. The white works cohesively with everything while the grey feels forced.

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

That grey looks so out of place

So does the black.  Oh well.

I say this every season, and the current two topics seem apropos: the Chiefs and Bills make for the best NFL uniform and color combination:

879647232-buffalo-bills-v-kansas-city-ch

20141109_lbm_al9_084.JPG.0.jpg

Just a perfect match-up of everything -- contrasting colors, traditional uniforms, both home and road look great. It's the ideal football uniform contest.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I say this every season, and the current two topics seem apropos: the Chiefs and Bills make for the best NFL uniform and color combination:

[good pictures]

Just a perfect match-up of everything -- contrasting colors, traditional uniforms, both home and road look great. It's the ideal football uniform contest.

Damn that's good. I might personally argue in favor of Chiefs and Raiders as the best, but it's hard to beat a good red vs. blue matchup.

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

879647232-buffalo-bills-v-kansas-city-ch

20141109_lbm_al9_084.JPG.0.jpg

Definitely top 10 uniforms home and away.

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

I think gray would be better for the Chiefs.

I'd like to see a yellow facemask on the Chiefs - the only thing that bugs me about the Chiefs' uniforms is the lack of yellow on the helmet. Ideally I'd like a yellow outline around the arrowhead, but barring that, change the facemask to yellow.

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Damn that's good. I might personally argue in favor of Chiefs and Raiders as the best, but it's hard to beat a good red vs. blue matchup.

The problem with that is it only really works when the Raiders are wearing black..

On 9/14/2020 at 6:30 AM, Buc said:

Bruh...what kind of haberdashery is going on here? Do they not have quality control people who can see that stuff??

This whole episode reminds me of the (circa) '96 San Francisco 49ers snafu, when they were transitioning from the Wilson block numbers the Jacksonville Jaguars started out in to the thinner and more square block style the Buccaneers adopted in '97. The 49ers back then also had players on the field with both number styles at the same time. 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:52 PM, walkerws said:

I think a lot of uniforms may not have been as tailored as usual because of COVID. However the uniforms in New England don’t make sense for a pro organization. The equipment room easily could have separated the previous numbers out when they got in the new ones. 

Honestly, they’re probably just using up old stock instead of letting it go to waste. When a change like this is made, equipment staff can have tens of thousands of dollars of unused numbers and letters left over, so I’d guess that because the change is so subtle, they’re riding it out to save some pennies.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived