Racial Injustice's Impact on Sports

CS85

14 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Eh, that sounds like a fall guy thing.  Cris Carter's advice works in all levels of sport, including management.

Exactly, Mets pulling this stunt would be the biggest game of that day. Most eye balls on it. I could see the MLB and Manfred wanting you orchestrate something like that to be the biggest talking point in the media that day instead of the NBA. Now it’s for all the wrong reasons and they make the team take the fall to save the leagues face. You hear in the video “this is from Rob” so how else is the GM suppose to react.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, dont care said:

Exactly, Mets pulling this stunt would be the biggest game of that day. Most eye balls on it. I could see the MLB and Manfred wanting you orchestrate something like that to be the biggest talking point in the media that day instead of the NBA. Now it’s for all the wrong reasons and they make the team take the fall to save the leagues face. You hear in the video “this is from Rob” so how else is the GM suppose to react.

The video says it all.  "This stays in this room, just the 3 of us (unwittingly over live stream)," and out comes what a thick oaf Manfred is.  But noooo, it was this executive who we can levee surface-level-only punishment upon.  My ass.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 8/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, schlim said:

This isn't about the owners taking the sides of the players and saying their strike is legitimate, its about making the owners choose to lose millions of dollars by not having playoff games or making a couple of phone calls to other rich white folks in power they are connected with who could potentially start to make changes in political and social circles.

If the NBA just votes to close up shop, everybody loses and nothing improves.  The players have leverage right now.

If I were an owner of a pro sports franchise;  I would sell now and go enjoy life since there is so much instability with whether games will be played due to COVID, not having fans in the stands, cancellations due to protests etc.    

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I actually don't know exactly what you mean.  What are the athletes saying that's irritating so many people?  I don't think I've heard anything that veers from what pretty much everyone in the country with a heart has been saying.

I think you'd be surprised by how many heartless goons are out there.

28 minutes ago, beachperroAZ said:

If I were an owner of a pro sports franchise;  I would sell now and go enjoy life since there is so much instability with whether games will be played due to COVID, not having fans in the stands, cancellations due to protests etc.    

who would buy them? Unless you plan on selling far less than they are worth.

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

who would buy them? Unless you plan on selling far less than they are worth.

Billionaires have been making money hand over first during the COVID recession. They could easily buy a team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Billionaires have been making money hand over first during the COVID recession. They could easily buy a team.

At the same time, why not wait to sell until things are more normal and they're even more valuable?

43 minutes ago, beachperroAZ said:

A few teams are for sale, such as the Mets as rumored and Timberwolves.  There could be an MLS team for sale in Real Salt Lake too.  

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

At the same time, why not wait to sell until things are more normal and they're even more valuable?

Oh, I don't know. I'm sure there are some single-digit billionaires who might need the cash flow more than double-digit billionaires.

What a gross, unjust world we live in. One billionaire is taking the place of a thousand millionaires.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Dell Loy Hansen fiasco appears to be a delightful blending of Donald Sterling and mid-2000s Arena Football. To get Hansen out, MLS may have to pay him in the neighborhood of $300 million, because there's no guarantee RSL would fetch that much on the open market. The league wants $350MM for its next expansion fee to keep the Ponzi scheme rolling, so it needs to pretend its current franchises are worth that much.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

23 hours ago, dont care said:

So Houston and Oakland did the exact thing yesterday that was being pitched by the Mets but they didn’t come back and the MLB still wants people to think they didn’t plan this and it wasn’t rob manfrets idea

11 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Dell Loy Hansen fiasco appears to be a delightful blending of Donald Sterling and mid-2000s Arena Football. To get Hansen out, MLS may have to pay him in the neighborhood of $300 million, because there's no guarantee RSL would fetch that much on the open market. The league wants $350MM for its next expansion fee to keep the Ponzi scheme rolling, so it needs to pretend its current franchises are worth that much.

I also think that the MLS will want local ownership.  The obvious choice would be the Utah Jazz, but there could be others.  

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I also think that the MLS will want local ownership.  The obvious choice would be the Utah Jazz, but there could be others.  

I believe Donovan Mitchell is getting a group together.

15 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

If Major League Soccer is a Ponzi scheme, why hasn't Don Garber been arrested yet? It sounds more like you're trying to insult MLS without substantial proof.

Archived