MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, _J_ said:

If we're allowing the talk, can we just open up the thread LMU posted?

There's too many legalities involved to allow for a thread to be open before a team puts out an official statement.  What do you think this is - a simple message board?  Do you want people to end up in prison? Though the thought of a BASS special broadcast from County is intriguing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

There's too many legalities involved to allow for a thread to be open before a team puts out an official statement.  What do you think this is - a simple message board?  Do you want people to end up in prison? Though the thought of a BASS special broadcast from County is intriguing.

Yeah, about all that....

BB52Big.jpg

In non-Cleveland news...

Wasn't 2021 supposed to be the first year of new Nike templates and materials?  Or did Covid kill that too?  I thought it was communicated that there wasn't any time for 2020 so they'd just slap the swoosh on the Majestic stock, but that 2021 would bring in all sorts of "innovations" with the fabrics and cuts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

In non-Cleveland news...

Wasn't 2021 supposed to be the first year of new Nike templates and materials?  Or did Covid kill that too?  I thought it was communicated that there wasn't any time for 2020 so they'd just slap the swoosh on the Majestic stock, but that 2021 would bring in all sorts of "innovations" with the fabrics and cuts.

I think that was just speculation that Nike would roll out new templates in 2021.

XM4KeeA.png

Detroit Tigers Considering Logo Change?

December 14, 2020 - 17:27 PM

It appears the Detroit Tigers are considering changing (or adding to) their team logos in the not-too-distant future. Recently, the Tigers published a survey, sent out to a select group of fans, which asked them for their thoughts on several different Detroit Tigers logos — some of these were straight-up

Read More...

The roundel with the updated font just looks weird to me. I think the thinner head, combined with a very angular, serifed font kinda clash with the circle, and the charm's not there as in the older one. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The roundel with the updated font just looks weird to me. I think the thinner head, combined with a very angular, serifed font kinda clash, and the charm's not there as in the older one. 

I love the modernized Roundel. Because I have always loved the classic. I think a new word mark and a modernized uniform set from the 80s and this would be a instant number 1 hit in my opinion.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The roundel with the updated font just looks weird to me. I think the thinner head, combined with a very angular, serifed font kinda clash with the circle, and the charm's not there as in the older one. 

True, but most of the charm of the old logo is "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, look at that silly tiger head!", which might not want to be the direction they want to go in.

4 hours ago, Gary said:

I love the modernized Roundel. Because I have always loved the classic. I think a new word mark and a modernized uniform set from the 80s and this would be a instant number 1 hit in my opinion.

Anything as long as they bring back the old chest D.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The new logos are well-rendered but they feel almost like those logos that are made for a minor-league affiliate that keeps the parent's name but wants something slightly different, brand-wise. Just bring back the throwback roundel in all its weird retro glory. The tiger cousin of the old Bruins' spazzy bear. Rabies really did a number on the secondary animal logos of a certain era.

9 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

The Tiger in the old roundel just witnessed a horrific crime, and you can’t convince me otherwise,

The look on your face when your older brother finds out you've been using his litter box.

xxvPf9J.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On 12/13/2020 at 9:05 PM, BBTV said:

In non-Cleveland news...

I was wondering this too.  As far as I know, we haven't heard or seen anything from Nike yet for the upcoming season.

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I was wondering this too.  As far as I know, we haven't heard or seen anything from Nike yet for the upcoming season.

I wonder if C19 delayed everything. Think about it, MLB (as did all other sports) paused in mid-March, before the March 31st deadline for possible changes. And also, by the May 31st for submission of said changes, they were still discussing if/when baseball would even come back. So it’s very likely that any changes that were planned for 2021 (Twins updated script?) and the new Nike templates were pushed back. Because I’m sure Nike would rather just go ahead and put any new designs on any new template from the unveiling.

Archived