2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 12/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, tBBP said:

I must be the one person on Earth who prefers the Robopenguin over the skating penguin...

...Don't @ me.

I have no problem with the Robo Penguin logo.  It is a great logo.  It's ONLY sin is it replaced a logo no one had a problem with and had just had massive success.  If the Robo Penguin had come first people would have loved it and been mad at the skating Penguin...

• Like 11

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

On 12/23/2021 at 1:16 AM, Chromatic said:

Oh god here we go again.

I've never rated Demko's masks to date, but that one looks nice.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:57 AM, Morgan33 said:

IMO, that is the best looking jersey they've ever had.  I wish they'd just reversed it on the road...

3dKqrVh.jpg

I really like the Robo-penguin as a logo more than the Skating penguin - but I get the history and at the end of the day, the skating penguin is kind of iconic, so fair enough.

I would like the Robo-penguin even more if it lost the 2 lines in the black area though (I know, don't care.) and used some subtle detailing in the yellow and black triangles on the actual jersey. I think that'd be real nice.

• Like 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

To me, Pittsburgh has 3 issues:

1. Template / striping:  The 80s set is about the most mismatched thing I know of....totally a mess.  I can't believe this doesn't bother more people.  I agree with @Morgan33that the white 90s template was nice.  I think the 2002-2007 is up there too.

2. Logo: robo vs skating both look fine to me

3. Yellow vs gold: I'm probably in the minority, but they looked good in gold.  I wouldn't mind either way (benefit of using yellow like steelers & pirates vs con of similarity to Boston).

• Like 2

Is not like Penguins had really terrible seasons with robopen because until reintroduced skating penguin for full time (vegas gold) except last season of robopen as a primary they were always in playoffs and for most of these times they advanced into conference semifinals and many teams could only dreams about such a results. Is not also like they would win a three peat if skating penguin stay back in 1992.

Like I said many times here, robopen should back as a secondary logo, it's great for shoulders, it's great for an alternate jersey and overall it's a still good looking logo.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

10 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

The skating penguin is probably the best "mascot playing the sport" logo there is and should always be the primary

The Swinging Friar would like a word.

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 12/24/2021 at 9:22 AM, _RH_ said:

they looked good in gold

The Penguins looked so lifeless in Vegas Gold. I'm thankful that they only won 1½ Stanley Cups while wearing it.

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

19 minutes ago, hormone said:

I know the reverse retro program is not ongoing from last season and the penguins have the black version this year, but is the yellow third discontinued as well?

Most likely, since the Pens are calling the black 90's alt their third jersey. And talk is that RR is very likely coming back next season, so there's no incentive to bring the yellow third back.

• Like 2

I was really hoping that some of last years Reverse Retro's would be promoted to full-time, alternate status....  While there were a few duds, I find the overall quality of them to be significantly higher than the leagues current-crop of third jerseys.  A lot of teams knocked it out of the park...

Arizona
Boston
Nashville
New Jersey (this jersey is so superior to the alternate they just released)
New York
Philadelphia

Tampa Bay
Vegas

• Like 2

Minor addition to the Yotes' helmets for the rest of the season; a decal commemorating the recently-deceased Matt Schott, who was a huge contributor to AZ's youth and women's hockey scene and one of the heads of the Coyotes' hockey development crew.

23 hours ago, Survival79 said:

The Penguins looked so lifeless in Vegas Gold. I'm thankful that they only won 1½ Stanley Cups while wearing it.

72885785-1024x1024.jpg?1545235466

73015053-1024x1024.jpg?1545235250

This is the template I like, not the cup-winning ones.  IMO this template is miles beyond what they're wearing now

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Just need to replace the Vegas gold with athletic gold. 

I would absolutely love this.

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 hours ago, _RH_ said:

72885785-1024x1024.jpg?1545235466

73015053-1024x1024.jpg?1545235250

This is the template I like, not the cup-winning ones.  IMO this template is miles beyond what they're wearing now

I love these Jerseys. As a penguins fan I know this era had some bad teams wearing them. The Vegas gold is actual gold, and the robo penguins looks great as a shoulder patch. When the edge program took over. It was a massive downgrade. The Vegas gold became beige.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Most likely, since the Pens are calling the black 90's alt their third jersey. And talk is that RR is very likely coming back next season, so there's no incentive to bring the yellow third back.

As a pens fan and as a fan of their current stuff, this is disheartening to me. So you’re going to trash their cup “classic” style and their alternate “gold” sweater for a boring diagonal Pittsburgh jersey in two of the same colors and a bastardized skating penguin? Why? Cause snoop wore a similar jersey in a video 20 years ago? 

KISSwall09.jpg