2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 12/17/2021 at 9:57 AM, Morgan33 said:

IMO, that is the best looking jersey they've ever had.  I wish they'd just reversed it on the road...

3dKqrVh.jpg

The Robo/stationary Penguin was actually a very nice crest. The main problem was ditching the Hockey-playing Penguin. It was not only timeless in its own right but the Penguins had just won back-to-back Stanley Cups. If it's not broken, don't fix it. I would have just added the 90's Penguin as a 3rd. If the majority of fans preferred it over the classic Penguin, then by all means, make the switch. I would've kept the 80's/early 90's template though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

This year’s all-star jerseys have leaked.

I absolutely love that two-tone red look. Matter of fact, when the Devils ditched their dark green secondary colour, switching to a two-tone red look instead of jumping on the Chicago Bulls red & black bandwagon would have been a wise move. No team in major pro sports that I can think of uses two-tone red.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I absolutely love that two-tone red look. Matter of fact, when the Devils ditched their dark green secondary colour, switching to a two-tone red look instead of jumping on the Chicago Bulls red & black bandwagon would have been a wise move. No team in major pro sports that I can think of uses two-tone red.

Watch that change inside of the next two years. (May not be a current major-pro team, but some team somewhere s going to. Maybe the new Vegas MLS squad when they [inevitably] get one...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

This year’s all-star jerseys have leaked.

Wow an ASG jersey that actually looks good for once

9 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

please be the 2004 red jersey, please be the 2004 red jersey, please be the 2004 red jersey 🤞

Ah yes, the Calgary Charred Remains. They finally got rid of black and look like a team called the Flames should, I hope they keep the black to a minimum, as a trim color at most.

I could make an exception for last year's RR though lol. Flaming C in black makes no sense but I like Blasty

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

It is new; but after looking around, that appears to be the logo for the city of Nashville itself, since the official Twitter uses it as an avatar.

That's exactly what it is... Nashville's Civic logo. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Am i the only one that doesn't want the Flames to bring back the 03 set ? Sure they look really good (especially the red), but the Flames just changed their look to bring back their 80's look and to one of the best in the league. How about waiting a couple of years?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Am i the only one that doesn't want the Flames to bring back the 03 set ? Sure they look really good (especially the red), but the Flames just changed their look to bring back their 80's look and to one of the best in the league. How about waiting a couple of years?

We already know they're adding a non-RR alt next year thanks to Mike Gould, and it's a open secret Flames management wants black to be in the team's rotation in some form even with the retirement of the RR. Most people in Calgary would buy 2004 throwback jerseys.

It just makes far too much sense from the team's perspective to throw back to one of the biggest highlights of their history, like Pittsburgh's doing with the black wordmark alternate they just introduced.

Besides, when has any sports team cared about waiting a few years for alternate jerseys after a rebrand? 😜