2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

9 hours ago, justen said:

Sharks_Team_Classics_Jersey_Blue_H31254.

Adidas coming out with NHL Team Classics...San Jose Sharks

california-golden-seals-team-classics-je

Seals too

nordiques-team-classics-jersey.jpg

Horrible on the Nordiques one,  I dont remember the hockey stick being so damn big

This could have all been one post

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

3 hours ago, M4One said:

If I was a Lightning fan and wanted the throwback, the white thread around the collar would eat away at me.  Why does it need to be like that?

Because it’s either that or black thread all the way around the neck on the white yoke.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

Black, yellow, and red have never felt right for the city of Vancouver or the Canucks and I say that as someone whose first experience with the Canucks was the 94 Finals run. Blue and green is perfect for them and the city and it's the only one of their many color schemes that feels correct. 

Also, the Orca is not good, but I prefer it to this "Generic Create-A-Team A" logo here

article_52db5470-6e5a-4ec8-a71f-fe5d758d

• Like 6

PvO6ZWJ.png

Not many people seem to have noticed (or remember?) but the Canucks were actually black, yellow and reddish orange from '79 to 1991-92. They only changed to a true red in 1992-93

spacer.png

spacer.png

I get why the throwback uses red trim ('94 Cup Finals) but I wish they had used the orange version instead. It looked much better imo

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Not many people seem to have noticed (or remember?) but the Canucks were actually black, yellow and reddish orange from '79 to 1991-92. They only changed to a true red in 1992-93

spacer.png

spacer.png

I get why the throwback uses red trim ('94 Cup Finals) but I wish they had used the orange version instead. It looked much better imo

I didn't mind the changing of the orange to red. The red gave that uniform more of a 🍁Canadian🍁 feel. Before '82, the Canucks' "red" was more of an actual red but an orangey-red. 

What I hated about the '92 update was the changing of the yellow-gold/Athletic gold to that eggnog yellow that one season before slightly deepening it the following year. I also disliked the removal of the yellow-gold and red trimming from around the legs of the pants. That was a unique feature and it looked great when the Canucks wore their blacks. Two of several screwups by CCM with the Canucks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Haven't these been out already? I've seen adidas throwbacks jerseys before in the store before. Or are these just "new" throwbacks they're making available for purchase?

It’s more just a refresh of the existing Team Classics line; not sure what the future holds for it.

It is, however, the first time we (that is, the identity design crew) have touched a project like this, so the art will be more accurate to the OGs than they have been in the past.

• Like 5

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

LA really seems to love pushing the yellow and purple as of late, don't they? Their RR was that, their newest retro jersey is the yellow 60's look. The only major exception I can see is their new third, but from what I can tell the reception to that was pretty mixed compared to the unanimous praise the Reverse Retro got.

I hope that's a prelude to them revamping their look, honestly. The current jerseys are stale and getting a fresh new look would be just what the team needs to usher in the new era.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sport said:

Blue and green is perfect for them and the city and it's the only one of their many color schemes that feels correct. 

Yes, blue and green is their best color scheme but the West Coast Express color scheme is definitely up there. If they went back to those minus the gradient alternate and with the modern stick-in-rink, they’d look amazing. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The amount of comments I've heard from casual uniform observers saying "why aren't the Canucks wearing these full time" shows just how much nostalgia clouds judgement. 

They literally made black their primary colour in the '70s because they wanted to look more "aggressive", and came up with a bizarre logo that's just a skate & the team name, but looks more like a planet or a plate of spaghetti. It also didn't help that Calgary added black in the '90s, so they had the same colours, albeit arranged differently.

• Like 2