2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

15 hours ago, Bmac said:

This graphic really gives us a great look at the difference between the Avs blue gear and black gear. Kind of odd to include both.

spacer.png

Well shoot, after looking at this, the Avalanche may be better off adjusting their actual colors to match these...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 hours ago, Bmac said:

This graphic really gives us a great look at the difference between the Avs blue gear and black gear. Kind of odd to include both.

spacer.png

This shows exactly why switching to blue equipment was the right call for Colorado 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

i'm in a weird transitional state where i'm starting to recognize the black gear doesn't fit with the Adidas version of the Avs as much as the original, but also still not 100% on board with the blue. I'm seeking help and soon i will make it. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On 6/7/2022 at 3:15 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

This shows exactly why switching to blue equipment was the right call for Colorado 

Exactly.  It clearly shows how much more cohesive and honestly just plain better the blue equipment looks with that uniform. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, B-mer said:

i'm in a weird transitional state where i'm starting to recognize the black gear doesn't fit with the Adidas version of the Avs as much as the original, but also still not 100% on board with the blue. I'm seeking help and soon i will make it. 

It made more sense on the original since they had at least a black outline. And as soon as they add a blue line on the road jersey, the blue equipment will be way more appealing for the road uniforms that it is now

• Like 3

On 6/7/2022 at 10:59 AM, DTConcepts said:

ff_4945701-12a8543a23521dc01c5balt2_full

Looks like the SCF patches will be more subtle than years past, and will be the same plastic-y material as the NHL shield.

I stand corrected. The SCF patches are still stitched like normal, at least on retail jerseys.

e7yaxhw3gt491.jpg?width=1512&format=pjpg

• Love 1

On 6/7/2022 at 1:06 PM, spartacat_12 said:

It's too bad that they aren't going with team-specific colours for the Finals patch.

Disagree, to me the whole point of the Finals patch is to stand out to emphasize that these are the Finals. I feel like team colored patches would blend in too much. 

• Like 9

spacer.png

On 6/9/2022 at 8:29 AM, B-mer said:

Same feeling. I thought black was fine for a while, but seeing them use blue instead has kind of altered my perception. Compared to the blue, black made it too muddied and made it seem that it was the second color of the scheme over blue. They look better without the black, but the blue still feels weird to me so it might take a good while for me to adjust... but I'm pretty confident I will.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

I found the image on r/HockeyJerseys. It’s not team issued, but it is an MiC.

It's a team issued MiC, but it's not a primegreen(21-22).

Since MiCs are not sold at retail, all of them are team issued, game issued, or game worn.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 6/9/2022 at 7:29 AM, B-mer said:

I think the issue is the particular shade of blue they're using. 

That NHL Network graphic shared above really brightens the hue of the blue. The blue they wear now appears to me as a very muted shade, edging slightly toward slate. Pairing it with another muted tone (burgundy) doesn't give it the contrast it needs. 

But on that graphic, the color looks far more vibrant - closer to a royal - which sets it apart from the burgundy far more effectively.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

The application of the new Stanley Cup logo with the patches is sooooo good. Sewn on like that example earlier and it does a great job of having a big event feel without being too in the way

I was kind of indifferent to it but watching the game it does look really good. 

It would not surprise me one bit if this is considered as an unpopular opinion but I do not like Colorado's uniforms with the blue equipment at all. Way too much blue top to bottom on the home uniform and for me, the blue pants still look out of place on the away uniform. I'll give the Avalanche a bit of credit because they have at least made the back numbers on the white jerseys blue and the player names burgundy to better suit the blue equipment but I still don't like it one bit. 

• Like 1

I miss the foot, but I get why the change was made. I just don’t like the C. It’s too dark, thick, and bold for a shoulder patch. I do like the blue pants, but not the blue numbers on the white sweater. They just clash and stand out. I like the shade, but it feels out of place. I’d rather maroon numbers with blue outlines.  Also add blue outlines to the white numbers on the maroon jersey. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

52 minutes ago, Korkie said:

I miss the foot, but I get why the change was made. I just don’t like the C. It’s too dark, thick, and bold for a shoulder patch.

I mean, it's not. Plenty of teams have sizably thick shoulder patches; Boston and Chicago, for example, so do Arizona, Columbus and Tampa Bay. It's not even that much thicker than the old Rockies patch it's derived from.

28 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, it's not. Plenty of teams have sizably thick shoulder patches; Boston and Chicago, for example, so do Arizona, Columbus and Tampa Bay. It's not even that much thicker than the old Rockies patch it's derived from.

I appreciate that and I suppose you are right. I looked at some pictures and I think it’s the puck inside the C. The black stands out since the removed so much of it from the rest of the uniform. Just doesn’t work for me. I would prefer the alt uniform logo instead.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

True, but the issue with the current shoulder patch really shows itself on their away jerseys...it's main color is the same color as the shoulder yokes (can we call the Avalanche's...whatever it is...yokes?), meaning it gets lost. At least the foot stood out more, since it was mostly silver.

This also points out what I think is the other main issue with the current Avalanche set: maybe the blue equipment wouldn't clash so much with the away sets to match the shoulder/sleeve yokes on the home set...which would mean the away numbers would need to be burgundy (maroon?) To contrast. Or maybe they flip the colors around and make the home jersey base blue with maroon shoulder/sleeve yokes, helmet and breezers, with blue socks? Either way i think that woukd help achieve better balance...🤔🤷‍♂️

(It'll also help Colorado's case if they ratcheted up the shades of both hues so they're not as flat and drab, but I digress.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 hours ago, Korkie said:

I miss the foot, but I get why the change was made. I just don’t like the C. It’s too dark, thick, and bold for a shoulder patch. I do like the blue pants, but not the blue numbers on the white sweater. They just clash and stand out. I like the shade, but it feels out of place. I’d rather maroon numbers with blue outlines.  Also add blue outlines to the white numbers on the maroon jersey. 

I’d rather a shoulder patch be thick and bold just so I don’t need to have it right infront of my face to see all the details. They are small enough that overly detailed logos just get lost.