2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

7 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I feel like they'd need to include a bit more black in the jersey too for balancing reasons if they did do black pants/black helmets. 

They could do what Carolina did once and add some black to the collar, keep the rest the same. That way, there will be black on something more than just the number outline & pant bolt outline.

The logo and stripes could remain white.

57 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

They could do what Carolina did once and add some black to the collar, keep the rest the same. That way, there will be black on something more than just the number outline & pant bolt outline.

The logo and stripes could remain white.

Honestly, fill the hem and cuffs with black, too and you'd be good.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:19 PM, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, fill the hem and cuffs with black, too and you'd be good.

I've seen a lot of concepts that did just that and it does look great. But then when you get to the white jersey, that's when the blue and black together get muddy, from the PoV of the viewer watching a game.

This is what I came up with, a while ago. There's black on the collar, victory stripes, number outlines, pants, helmets and gloves.

LopvCgP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 5

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I've seen a lot of concepts that did just that and it does look great. But then when you get to the white jersey, that's when the blue and black together get muddy, from the PoV of the viewer watching a game.

This is what I came up with a while ago. There's black on the collar, victory stripes, number outlines, pants, helmets and gloves.

LopvCgP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Change the blue from royal to a powder blue, put powder blue yokes on the white jerseys and go back to the original logo without the script and it's perfect.

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Why powder blue?

Better contrast with black...though the Lions' or OKC Thunder shades of blue would work just as well.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'd use electric blue over powder, personally; fits the team better thematically and it's a unique shade in the league. Hell, even just a vivid blue would work fine for the Bolts.

Powder really should be reserved for whenever the league expands into Houston.

• Like 5

On 5/16/2022 at 5:35 AM, SHaMROCK said:

As far as I'm concerned if Tampa Bay just started wearing Black pants and helmet all would be fixed...

As a Lightning fan, I wouldn't mind this as long as the current jerseys stayed the same.  The pants paired with the alternate in 2013-14 would be a good starting point.

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TBGKon said:

As a Lightning fan, I wouldn't mind this as long as the current jerseys stayed the same.  The pants paired with the alternate in 2013-14 would be a good starting point.

spacer.png

Make the logo's oval silver, add some black outlines or shadows to the lightning bolt, and then put it on the front (and take away the piping). 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm sure only gear nerds like me care about that kind of stuff but they also had some of the best looking gloves in the league before the Torontroit Blue Maple Wings redesign with the generic Maple Leafs but with black text gloves and I wish they'd go back to that pattern. I thought it was such a wasted opportunity last year when they got lazy/cheap and wore the black storm alternate gloves with the reverse retro

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 5/17/2022 at 2:05 PM, Ridleylash said:

I'd use electric blue over powder, personally; fits the team better thematically and it's a unique shade in the league. Hell, even just a vivid blue would work fine for the Bolts.

Powder really should be reserved for whenever the league expands into Houston.

Powder blue could be several shades of blue...like the Nordiques' powerdry royal blue or the Houston Oilers' powdery sky blue. Electric blue, which I agree with you, @Ridleylash, can be interpreted as a powder blue shade.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:05 PM, Ridleylash said:

Hell, even just a vivid blue would work fine for the Bolts.

1992-93–2000-01: 293 C (Hawaiian Blue)

2001-02–Present: 281 C (Blue) 

4bNxIWb.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

After watching game 2, I realized another thing that infuriates me about the Lightning besides the fact they keep winning: 

Tampa Bay Lightning Logo Primary Logo (2011/12-Pres) - A blue lightning bolt on a blue and white circle SportsLogos.Net

The primary logo is contained within this Incredibles-esque oval shape, 

Tampa Bay Lightning Logo Alternate Logo (2011/12-Pres) - A blue circle with white lightning bolt inside a blue circle with Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Club in white SportsLogos.Net

But their shoulder logo bolt is contained within a perfect circle. 

• Like 5

AmPJ0Ty.png 

21 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

After watching game 2, I realized another thing that infuriates me about the Lightning besides the fact they keep winning: 

Tampa Bay Lightning Logo Primary Logo (2011/12-Pres) - A blue lightning bolt on a blue and white circle SportsLogos.Net

The primary logo is contained within this Incredibles-esque oval shape, 

Tampa Bay Lightning Logo Alternate Logo (2011/12-Pres) - A blue circle with white lightning bolt inside a blue circle with Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Club in white SportsLogos.Net

But their shoulder logo bolt is contained within a perfect circle. 

The amount of Lightning concepts I've seen on these boards where people extract the roundel bolt from the secondary logo is too many to count. They all seem to look better than what the team actually went with though. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

The amount of Lightning concepts I've seen on these boards where people extract the roundel bolt from the secondary logo is too many to count. They all seem to look better than what the team actually went with though. 

nzFXXJj.png

... i have no idea what you're talking about ... 😉😂

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

18 hours ago, dont care said:

What exactly is “electric blue”, I know the proprietary “electric blue” ford uses that’s just a metallic royal blue but when I look it up I see everything from baby blue to near navy

Depending on who you ask/talk to, it can range pretty widely. For me, though, I like to start with what I used to call "Ericcson cellphone blue", otherwise known as the Carolina Panthers blue (those of you old enough to remember those old Nokia-type cellphones on DigiphPCS know exactly why I called it that):

color-image?i=2152&n=0

I could also include the Detroit Lions' Honolulu blue in this too, although different lighting makes their color appear kidna all over the place. (In fact I kinda would like the Lightning to adopt a hue closer in value to Honolulu than royal.)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Apologies if this topic has been beaten to death, but this is the first time all year where I’ve really watched the Avs in action and their uniforms are atrocious. 

is that an unpopular opinion? I can’t recall the general sentiment on here. It might be one of the rare instances where the use of a non-core color (black) actually made sense. The blue pants and numbers are really unappealing. It almost looks as if they’re wearing mismatched pants. 

• Like 4