2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 5/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, JTernup said:

See, I totally disagree. Whether we like it or not there are a lot of unconscious perceptions tied to the color black. Seeing Sakic race down the ice in a black helmet and brawls with Red Wings definitely contributes to that gritty/tough perception that I associated with those Avs teams. Something about the blue just doesn't hold that same visual weight. I just can't imagine the photo below with that goofy blue helmet. You can say that's because I'm used to black but I think it's more than that.spacer.png

Is that stupid? Yeah, probably. But color theory is very real.

I agree that if we flip it though it would've felt like an unjustified bizarre BFBS.

I don’t know about you, but this photo still looks pretty gritty and tough to me.

gabriel-landeskog-3.jpg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Source?

A few media members have mentioned it, and fans on Twitter and HFBoards have heard the same thing from people in the organization. The people who were in charge with switching to these colours/jerseys in 2017 are no longer employed by the team either.

4 hours ago, Sport said:

The blue numbers help, but I think outlining them in burgundy was a mistake because they flash and vibrate and it makes the blue appear brighter on the numbers than it does anywhere else in the uniforms. I would've outlined them in silver. 

100% agree. The sleeve numbers on both jerseys need to be outlined in silver as well.

• Like 3

jNTsTyQ.png

3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

I don’t know about you, but this photo still looks pretty gritty and tough to me.

It is pretty hard to make these guys look less gritty and tough. I think that picture convinced me that it's the breezers that really bother me. Again it's one of those changes that was the 'right move' but didn't translate. Like the standardization of the Tigers D and the larger D hat logo.

• Like 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I think Colorado now ultimately looks better with a more coherent color scheme (maybe use burgundy shells), but in hindsight the black did not look bad. It’s not unlike the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ pewter, being the primary equipment color but virtually nonexistent on the actual jersey.

Given that the Avalanche have added navy, I’ve long felt that swapping out black for navy equipment could also have had the same effect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Worst case scenario for the Cup finals

Oilers vs Hurricanes '06 rematch. For obvious reasons. Both teams look very underwhelming at home

spacer.png

Oh no. This would have to be the worst looking Stanley Cup Final ever, right? It's ten times worse than the last time they faced off.

• Like 1

jNTsTyQ.png

On 5/24/2022 at 11:09 AM, JTernup said:

that gritty/tough perception that I associated with those Avs teams.

yeah and those high-flying run-and-gun Devils of the same era

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

Oh no. This would have to be the worst looking Stanley Cup Final ever, right? It's ten times worse than the last time they faced off.

The only one I can think of that would be comparable is Ducks-Sens. The only salvageable uni in that one was Ottawa's aways. Canes and Oilers both have good away uniforms

On 5/26/2022 at 2:57 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

For those wondering, this is what Bernie's old pawprint logo looks like: 

spacer.png

I don't hate the idea of using something like this as the shoulder logo over the C-flag. 

I miss Howler...

lcrnmp0a2x731.jpg?auto=webp&s=a6f00f26e1

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 5/27/2022 at 5:23 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Worst case scenario for the Cup finals

Oilers vs Hurricanes '06 rematch. For obvious reasons. Both teams look very underwhelming at home

Worst case scenario played out for the Hurricanes. Disappointing early exit to an inferior team, but went 7-1 at home so the team will be convinced the black jerseys are lucky or whatever. I just hope I live to see the day they play another playoff home game in their actual colors. It's been a 13 year drought so far.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Blue was definitely the right choice for the gear. It looks great with the home sweater.  They just need to fix the road jersey to have a little more blue…

• Like 9

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10