1.  NYR and Pittsburgh

2.  Calgary and Dallas

3.  Minnesota and St Louis

4.  Carolina and Boston

5.  Colorado and Nashville

6.  Edmonton and LA

7.  Florida and Washington

8.  Toronto and Tampa Bay

I would move Calgary/Dallas up one spot at the top of the list. Such a beautiful matchup. 2 fine looking classic style uniforms with contrasting colors and updated logos.

Minnesota's forest green primary home is underrated. I think it looks excellent! The Blues look quite good, also. I would move that matchup above New York/Pittsburgh because the Penguins straight up 90s uniform has visible flaws stemming from a dated product that should have been tweaked.

I pretty much agree with everything else. The Maple Leafs scrimmage is awful because the Lightning need black pants.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

The Leafs' striping change was 100% a "MLSE is a money monster" move. There were rumours for years that the Leafs wanted to ditch the Ballard leaf for something close to the classic logo but held off because they didn't think the resulting sweater would be different enough to get fans out there buying the new stuff. 

That they wanted to finally scrub the last vestiges of the Ballard era from their identity is still ironic to me because the new jerseys are, basically, just the Ballard-era sweaters minus the arm stripes and shoulder patches, aka their most interesting elements:
UxLads2.pngOfzJAkH.png

• Huh? 1

27 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Please tell me why the oilers are wearing those monstrosities for the second game in a row, in the playoffs??!

Because they are their home uniforms for the entire playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Hate 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

6 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Please tell me why the oilers are wearing those monstrosities for the second game in a row, in the playoffs??!

Because the management team in charge loves the neon.

• WOAH 1

37 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Because the management team in charge loves the neon.

It's more to phase out the orange for a switchover to royal next season. Multiple teams have used alts in the playoffs before rebranding; Pittsburgh and Arizona both did it, so it's not surprising Edmonton's following suit.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2022 at 8:03 PM, habsfan1 said:

I would move that matchup above New York/Pittsburgh because the Penguins straight up 90s uniform has visible flaws stemming from a dated product that should have been tweaked.

*80s. The 90s Pens were Robo-pen.

Of course, if being dated is your primary critique, you’re ignoring the 900 lb, straight up 40s gorilla on the ice. The Rangers uniform has arguably as many flaws, it’s just that it’s had 70ish years to become endearing.

For the record, I think Rangers–Pens matchup is the best-looking first round matchup.

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

4 hours ago, Mingjai said:

*80s. The 90s Pens were Robo-pen.

Of course, if being dated is your primary critique, you’re ignoring the 900 lb, straight up 40s gorilla on the ice. The Rangers uniform has arguably as many flaws, it’s just that it’s had 70ish years to become endearing.

For the record, I think Rangers–Pens matchup is the best-looking first round matchup.

What flaws do the Rangers have?? At least on the blue sweater… The blue sweater is a fantastic design. Even almost 100 years later. 

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 5/4/2022 at 8:57 PM, mcj882000 said:

That they wanted to finally scrub the last vestiges of the Ballard era from their identity is still ironic to me because the new jerseys are, basically, just the Ballard-era sweaters minus the arm stripes and shoulder patches, aka their most interesting elements:
UxLads2.pngOfzJAkH.png

Could you clarify a little?

I see that the hem stripe, breezers, and socks are all similar but the sleeves are so different that the two sets don't appear similar to my eyes. The sleeves on the current uniforms look nearly identical to the 1934-1967 design to me.

11 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Add Florida Panthers to the long list of unnecessary red and blue teams. I forgot about them.

The red and blue is fine. What they need to do is get rid of that Wild Kratts logo and go back to the leaping panther.

• Like 5
  • Huh? 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On 5/4/2022 at 9:57 PM, mcj882000 said:

UxLads2.pngOfzJAkH.png

And with a worse logo, too. Sorry, not sorry. 🤫

• Like 4
  • Dislike 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Not sure if this is the best thread to put this (maybe a player-number-specific thread), but since it’s hockey-related, and I’ve seen plenty in the NHL, but I’m loving that goalies are wearing (generally) higher multiples of 10 more and more. It feels so right. I’m posting this at an ECHL game (Rapid City at Utah) where one of Utah’s goalies is wearing 50  and one of Rapid City’s is wearing 60. 

If  0 or 00 aren’t available to wear, I’m glad that the digit 0 is getting some use on goalies.

Edited by DustDevil61

Just now, adsarebad said:

And Carolina use their 2 alternates!?

Blacks at home, and the horrible "Canes" on the road. But why??

Just get eliminated already🤢

The white isn't an alt, it's their road jersey.

• WOAH 1

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Strengthening their case.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

7 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

Their 2006 championship look was good, no need to mess with it.

Same for the 04 Lightning.

If it ain't broke........

• Like 1