2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

Is it true Vegas may switch to gold primaries? Heard a rumor from a friend that he saw someone report it but can’t find info it. Don’t consider this a rumor just seeing if anyone else has seen evidence of this 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:30 AM, Froob said:

Is it true Vegas may switch to gold primaries? Heard a rumor from a friend that he saw someone report it but can’t find info it. Don’t consider this a rumor just seeing if anyone else has seen evidence of this 

Yes, it has been a rumour for a while. When they initially unveiled the alternate Bill Foley mentioned that it could become the home look down the road. He said that grey doesn't stand out in a crowd. Also, when the Knights announced their jersey sponsor for next season they used the gold jersey to show how the patch will look.

I like the gold jersey more than most but I'm not sure how I feel about the switch. I loved how they used the dark gray as opposed to black and I'm afraid that uniqueness will get lost with the swap. The gold jersey is certainly Vegas but it clashes with the brand they seem to have built. Oh well.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

It seems inevitable since it's literally in their name. The gold jerseys are at least more visually interesting than the grey version, even if they are tacky. But the greys are nice and it would be a shame to ditch them altogether, especially if they're planning to literally play Black Knights dress-up with a new alt 🙃

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 5/7/2022 at 10:24 PM, adsarebad said:

of what?

That it's dumb they don't wear a jersey with their actual logo on it. They essentially are wearing 2 alternates instead of a proper home and road.

• Like 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

45 minutes ago, Bayne said:

That it's dumb they don't wear a jersey with their actual logo on it. They essentially are wearing 2 alternates instead of a proper home and road.

Right, it is mindboggling.

Whomever came up with this idea must have taken too many pucks to the head. 🏒 🤕

Guess the "bunch of jerks" is a real thing  after all

On 5/2/2022 at 8:40 PM, habsfan1 said:

To be completely honest, TB using blue and white without a million little black outlines has been a refreshing color change, compared to their previously stale templates of black and blue where the blue got muddied.

However, Tampa Bay needs some black, to set them apart from playing Maple Leafs dressup. Keep the jerseys intact, but change the pants/helmets to black. They use black on their number and pant bolt outlines. The current TB look is one or two tweaks away from being spot on.

The Lightning could go one of two ways. All they need to do is change their blue from royal to a powdery sky blue....similar to the shade the Atlanta Thrashers' used for their dark jerseys.

Then once the shade of blue is taken care of, here are a couple of ideas that would make the Bolts stand out:

1. Go back to their classic '04 set. Those black jerseys with the white shoulder yokes stood out beautifully. Their whites with the black yokes were just as nice. The lighter powdery sky blue would pop and wouldn't get muddied with the black.

2. Though the Bolts looked amazing in black regardless of the Black For Black's Sake era, I felt they blew an opportunity to stand out...like the Sharks did in their original lighter teal. The Lightning could've gone with, as habsfan1 pointed out, black helmets and pants(with the bolt on the sides) and the lighter blue jerseys and socks. 

Last but not least, the Lightning need to go back to their original logo but without the "Tampa Bay" script and "Lightning" wordmark. The white bolt with the black drop shadow on the silver circle was perfect enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Lightning could go one of two ways. All they need to do is change their blue from royal to a powdery sky blue....similar to the shade the Atlanta Thrashers' used for their dark jerseys.

Then once the shade of blue is taken care of, here are a couple of ideas that would make the Bolts stand out:

1. Go back to their classic '04 set. Those black jerseys with the white shoulder yokes stood out beautifully. Their whites with the black yokes were just as nice. The lighter powdery sky blue would pop and wouldn't get muddied with the black.

2. Though the Bolts looked amazing in black regardless of the Black For Black's Sake era, I felt they blew an opportunity to stand out...like the Sharks did in their original lighter teal. The Lightning could've gone with, as habsfan1 pointed out, black helmets and pants(with the bolt on the sides) and the lighter blue jerseys and socks. 

Last but not least, the Lightning need to go back to their original logo but without the "Tampa Bay" script and "Lightning" wordmark. The white bolt with the black drop shadow on the silver circle was perfect enough.

3 - Take their Reverse Retro from 2021 and make a matching white (with Blue shoulders instead of black)

• Like 5

On 5/11/2022 at 4:45 PM, Germanshepherd said:

As a very intermittent hockey watcher who typically only watches highlights on SportsCenter, I have been unable to tell who is who throughout the entire Tampa Bay/Toronto series. 

As a very frequent hockey watcher who has been a fan of the sport most of my life, I have also been unable to tell who is who throughout the entire Tampa Bay/Toronto series.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 10:06 AM, spartacat_12 said:

Yes, it has been a rumour for a while. When they initially unveiled the alternate Bill Foley mentioned that it could become the home look down the road. He said that grey doesn't stand out in a crowd. Also, when the Knights announced their jersey sponsor for next season they used the gold jersey to show how the patch will look.

The rumour going around I have heard is that it IS a black base jersey with VEGAS across it.  Other than that, I have no idea what else to expect

I watched the Oilers Game 7 tonight.

There's always mentions that royal blue should absolutely be the primary Oilers look. But looking at that shot of the massive sea of orange, 90% of celebrating fans are wearing the orange and navy. I spotted a few neons in there, a few RR's, and a handful of dynasty royal blues.

Edmonton is really embracing the orange crush, though. I have no doubt that some still love the old school. But it doesn't appear to be as popular as it used to be. I find that the scheme works best for the Florida Gators. The Oilers look better, when there's more contrast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I watched the Oilers Game 7 tonight.

There's always mentions that royal blue should absolutely be the primary Oilers look. But looking at that shot of the massive sea of orange, 90% of celebrating fans are wearing the orange and navy. I spotted a few neons in there, a few RR's, and a handful of dynasty royal blues.

Edmonton is really embracing the orange crush, though. I have no doubt that some still love the old school. But it doesn't appear to be as popular as it used to be. I find that the scheme works best for the Florida Gators. The Oilers look better, when there's more contrast.

Player: who are we?

Team: The pylons!

Messier laughs 

• LOL 1

I saw, I came, I left.

On 5/13/2022 at 10:23 PM, DTConcepts said:

As a very frequent hockey watcher who has been a fan of the sport most of my life, I have also been unable to tell who is who throughout the entire Tampa Bay/Toronto series.

As far as I'm concerned if Tampa Bay just started wearing Black pants and helmet all would be fixed...

• Like 4

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png