2021-22 NBA Changes

8 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

But the current commissioner was the deputy back then.

In other words, he spent decades waiting for his boss to retire so he could “unleash his innovative brand of creativity” and “free the league from the draconian identity restrictions of the 1990s.”

• Like 9

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/24/2021 at 7:35 PM, Chawls said:

spacer.png

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐭. 

(つ .•́ _ʖ •̀.)つ

11 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Very cool! Apparently this jersey or something very similar was close to existing. A quote from the original designer of the sunburst look: 

“I have sketches of an orange version of the jersey but the NBA freaked out. They thought fans would need sunglasses indoors! The orange jersey and a streaking Suns ball had a black eclipse type back shadow behind it and we literally were going to call the jersey the Eclipse.

The Suns already had white, purple and black alternates and the NBA wanted to limit the amount of options teams had to reduce operations nightmares and trainers’ confusion at the time since we were changing so many team identities. That’s why they didn’t do them.”

Here is the rest of the interview and article about the history of the sunburst uniforms.

https://sports360az.com/2016/07/espo-brief-suns-sunburst-jersey-oral-history/

Both the Suns and Knicks need to bring back orange jerseys, they're the only teams capable of rocking the color as part of their normal color scheme.

Here's Jordan wearing one in an exhibition in Europe:

36363d13b1a718402bc414fb30e94e15.jpg

michael-jordan-acb-1990-acb-photo.jpg

1392630377_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREBZqt4AwovVdMBK63RzX

• Like 2

5 hours ago, colortv said:

Both the Suns and Knicks need to bring back orange jerseys, they're the only teams capable of rocking the color as part of their normal color scheme.

Unfortunately, and this really proves the point of having too many options, but the Suns do have an orange jersey.

It’s just really, really lazy ...

usa_today_13869630.0.jpg

• Like 14

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 hours ago, colortv said:

Agreed. I'd add OKC as well, though their color scheme seems to give or take a color with every alt.

image?url=https:%252F%252Fthunderousinte

There's bad juju or whatever, but if the Knicks tossed every jersey they sucked in they'd have nothing to wear (I know I know, they're actually good this year). This is so beautiful and shelving it is a crime:

454297309_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200%26h=1200

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, kimball said:

When put side by side to those Suns and Knicks orange jerseys, the more I love the shade on that OKC orange!

Totally agree, it's so intense and vibrant. I love their color scheme in general, I really just wish that the rest of the brand could catch up with it.

• Like 2

spacer.png

9 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

There's bad juju or whatever, but if the Knicks tossed every jersey they sucked in they'd have nothing to wear (I know I know, they're actually good this year). This is so beautiful and shelving it is a crime:

I'm guessing a Knicks orange jersey design is already somewhat in the works, since they're basically forced to churn out some new crappy uniform each year.  They went with a black jersey this year, I've gotta think that another try at an orange jersey can't be too far behind, but I don't expect it to look anything like what's pictured above.   That would make too much sense and look too good.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Agreed. I'd add OKC as well, though their color scheme seems to give or take a color with every alt.

image?url=https:%252F%252Fthunderousinte

11 hours ago, kimball said:

When put side by side to those Suns and Knicks orange jerseys, the more I love the shade on that OKC orange!

Eh, that pic isn't really representative of the Knicks orange, it's much richer.

hi-res-186878142-carmelo-anthony-of-the-

iman-shumpert-knicks-orange-jersey.jpg

s-l300.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

I'm guessing a Knicks orange jersey design is already somewhat in the works, since they're basically forced to churn out some new crappy uniform each year.  They went with a black jersey this year, I've gotta think that another try at an orange jersey can't be too far behind, but I don't expect it to look anything like what's pictured above.   That would make too much sense and look too good.

It's gonna have "NYC" in blue with white trim and then a thin black outline on the front, with a blue skyline above the wordmark, with thin black/white/blue/white/thin black stripes down the sides. 

14 hours ago, colortv said:

hi-res-186878142-carmelo-anthony-of-the-

This half-shoulder trim was ahead of it's time.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Forgret it, Knicks are 0-9 in orange unis (0-7 in alternate and 0-2 in Christmas) so I don't think if they ever back to that color.

The Knicks went 181-348* in the rest of their jerseys, so a losing record shouldn't deter them.

*As of 04/27/2021

• Like 9

On 4/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, -Akronite- said:

Agree with this. It is too beautiful and an obvious choice to not have it in use.

Don't care about the OKC brand in general..

9 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Word is the Nets want a white version of their current city uniform next season. Yawn. There are no other Brooklyn artists to honor?

Probably not ones who have turned their art into a mall-store lifestyle brand the way the Basquiat estate has.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers