2021-22 NBA Changes

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm not a fan of it for the Lakers, but purple & powder blue is one of the great underused colour schemes in sports.

Can't tell what it will actually look like on TV, but I get a Hornets vibe.  But it might be super cool.

20 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

So is this ANOTHER new set? Meaning teams will have a minimum of 5 and up to 7?

Best case scenario, it replaces the "City" or "Statements" for this year and then go away. Of course, that wouldn't add a new revenue stream, so it won't happen.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

9 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm not a fan of it for the Lakers, but purple & powder blue is one of the great underused colour schemes in sports.

The Jazz should own this. Maybe add a little kelly green and they'd have a good unified identity between the Jazz history and Utah.

• Like 5

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The 75th Anniversary uniforms seem like they will be alot of fun. Atleast the NBA is doing something cool to celebrate it's history unlike the NFL who completely failed their 100th season.

I wish it was more like Reverse Retro than a blender of puréed past jerseys and logos. 

18 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

So is this ANOTHER new set? Meaning teams will have a minimum of 5 and up to 7?

I believe these are the City Jerseys for each team next year. 

• Like 7

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Is that black Miami jersey the one that has been incredibly hyped up for like two years now? I really hope not. Hopefully they meant the season after this blender edition that leaked. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 8:04 AM, tBBP said:

Word of caution about these new Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys, for those who haven't seen or touched them up close: they're NOT full-twill.  The scripts and numbers are one-layer faux-twill, and on some, sizes, proportions, and some colors are off.  I've also noticed this with the "throwback" NFL jerseys they've been producing lately, which really are no better than the one-layer faux-twill jerseys Nike produces now, or the one-layer faux-twill.  For all that, the NFL ones retail at $150; don't know about these.

It's a dang disappointment, too, as Mitchell & Ness used to be the gold standard for authentic throwback quality jerseys; now it seems they're going the cheaper-yet-pricier route.

I think the market for fully authentic jerseys is very small. It's way easier to sell an official look a like at $150 than it is to sell a real mccoy at $300+

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I think the market for fully authentic jerseys is very small. It's way easier to sell an official look a like at $150 than it is to sell a real mccoy at $300+

Precisely why Adidas isn't selling the Made in Canada on-ice authentic NHL jerseys at retail like Reebok and CCM did before them. The market is so small that it doesn't justify the overhead.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

20 hours ago, colortv said:

What the Showtime jerseys look like with gold numbers:

NNBJEY18123-LALPURP96KBR_1_1800x1800.png

NNBJEY18123-LALPURP96KBR_2_1800x1800.png

https://lakersstore.com/collections/jerseys-2/products/lakers-bryant-clot-x-mn-sweater-knit-jersey

The current Lakers uniforms would look better if they had drop shadows as big as these. Getting rid of the black on the purple uniforms will be an instant upgrade. Current Lakers set is close to being one of the best in the league, but as of right now they're off the mark.

Gold numbers aren't a deal breaker either. It's different, but it's not bad.

• Like 4

On 5/21/2021 at 2:24 PM, spartacat_12 said:

Utah had the right idea with the wrong execution.

17 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

The Jazz should own this. Maybe add a little kelly green and they'd have a good unified identity between the Jazz history and Utah.

At that point why not just nudge it over to a dark teal, add copper, and go right back to what they wore when they went to the Finals?

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Figured it was close enough to next season to post this (playoffs and all). Milwaukee Bucks have found a new sponsor and, surprise, it's Motorola... again... as if 2 teams wasn't already enough 🙄

Image of a Milwaukee Bucks jersey with the Motorola logo.

Bucks sell jersey patch sponsorship to Motorola (biztimes.com)

Can we just stop the ad patches already? They are somehow getting worse, as if their mere presence wasn't bad enough.

• Like 5

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Figured it was close enough to next season to post this (playoffs and all). Milwaukee Bucks have found a new sponsor and, surprise, it's Motorola... again... as if 2 teams wasn't already enough 🙄

Image of a Milwaukee Bucks jersey with the Motorola logo.

Bucks sell jersey patch sponsorship to Motorola (biztimes.com)

Can we just stop the ad patches already? They are somehow getting worse, as if their mere presence wasn't bad enough.

I’m afraid I’ve gotten to that apathetic point of no return. I want to continue my hatred of them, but ... I hate to admit, I’m used to them. And, it COULD be worse like in the WNBA or G-League.

However, I will say this ... OKC’s Love’s patch fills me with rage every time I see it.

• Like 3

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin