Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Is the bootleggers hat going to be brown or black? I've seen a brown rendering somewhere, but that looks black. The B also looks like the Bradenton Marauders B.

On a bit of a side note, since the MLB shop went all fanatics on us, their minor league hat selection is rather poor. Do you think they will restock like the MLB shop used to? They have a bunch of old minor league hats on clearance. For instance, they have the Altoona Curve in the green/black when Cutch used to play there, but they also have the New Ogden Raptors stuff so I'm confused which direction they are going.

KISSwall09.jpg

10 hours ago, sirthaddaeus said:

Bowling Green Hot Rods to be 'Bootleggers' for a night.

https://ballparkbiz.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/hot-rods-to-be-bootleggers-for-a-night-logo-and-unis-unveiled/#more-58905

totally awesome idea in my book!

not a fan of the jerseys however but that logo is pretty sweet.

bowling-green-hot-rods-bootleggers-1.jpg

I think they captured the 'happy drunk' look with that logo so well.

Those aren't bad, but I really hope that "Hardware City" jersey is a home alternate. Part of the reason the New Britain Rock Cats switched from Hardware City was nobody outside of New Britain knew what it meant.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It's not really an identity change, but the Tacos are BACK!

TacosIIweb_s8aibwjb.jpg

This completes a light/dark jersey set for them. The first version of this was white.

11836640_10152988298886892_4509726932165

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It's not really an identity change, but the Tacos are BACK!

TacosIIweb_s8aibwjb.jpg

I like what they've done with the theme...but what is that left sleeve patch?  A kid eating a taco?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, raysox said:

:censored: or get off the pot, Fresno

Given the name, my money's on the former.

As for the sleeve patch, it could be the new mascot they announced, Tito Taco.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Savannah's new Coastal Plain League team is the... Savannah Bananas.

I love absolutely everything about this.

Bananas%20Logo.jpg

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2016-02-25/savannahs-new-baseball-team-bananas

It's now my second favorite team behind the Hartford Yard Goats.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

2 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Savannah's new Coastal Plain League team is the... Savannah Bananas.

I love absolutely everything about this.

Bananas%20Logo.jpg

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2016-02-25/savannahs-new-baseball-team-bananas

Well, the name isn't getting much love right now here in Savannah. Who knows, it might just need some time with people. On the other hand, I think it's an absolutely terrible name. The team is going to be the butt of many jokes regarding certain body parts…

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

5 minutes ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

On the other hand, I think it's an absolutely terrible name. The team is going to be the butt of many jokes regarding certain body parts…

I think it's hilarious. I'll be buying a hat.

I don't think there will be many jokes to be made about a collegiate summer baseball league. Even if they are made, it's not as if it will affect anything. Plenty of other teams have nicknames that are more easily "the butt of many jokes regarding certain body parts." (see: South Carolina, University of)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

3 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I think it's hilarious. I'll be buying a hat.

I don't think there will be many jokes to be made about a collegiate summer baseball league. Even if they are made, it's not as if it will affect anything. Plenty of other teams have nicknames that are more easily "the butt of many jokes regarding certain body parts." (see: South Carolina, University of)

I think it's just laziness with the name. They must've figured out that it rhymed, and then called it a day. It's just unfortunate that the Sand Gnats, who had a great identity, packed up and left and took off with it. Then again, a MiLB team would never leave a city and have a Browns-like deal with their logos/colors/name.  

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Not sure which ones will be worn on field, but here are the hats available in the Bananas' team store:

Yellow-Face-Hat.jpgGreen-Brim-S-Banana-Hat.jpg

Yellow-Banana-Hat.jpg

Navy-SB-Hat.jpg

Navy-SB-Hat-2.jpg

Blue-Banana-Hat.jpg

EDIT: Also, standalone wordmark:
logo_workman2.png

And another alt logo:

Navy-Alternate-Logo-T-Shirt-2-765x1024.j

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17