2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

So far the biggest winner between Kansas City and Green Bay isn’t the Chiefs, it’s Aaron Rodgers. So somehow Aaron Rodgers stock goes up after lying about his medical history in a league with an injury report. And not only did he do that, he didn’t just double or triple down on his nonsense, he quadrupled down. And he still looks better coming out of this game then he does going in. God Bless America. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 4

Jordan Love had 18 months to learn the system and be groomed by Aaron Rodgers -- 7 points vs one of the worst defenses in the league... 🗣️ BUST!

As for Rodgers, of course he'll be back next week, lead the Packers to a dozen-or-so wins, and another inevitable NFCCG loss.

• Like 7

6uXNWAo.png

This whole season so far is just so weird. 

The AFC is a total mess,  It's become almost impossible to name a real frontrunner. 

Bills have been sloppy as of late, and now Patriots are on their tail for the division. 

Baltimore is becoming a bit of a dark horse in the race while the Brown, Bengal's & Steelers are falling over each other.  

Titans are looking like a legit threat even without Henry. But they're also in probably the weakest division.

The AFC West is just chaos right now. Raiders & Chargers both look like they could win the Division, but Denver & KC could also be big spoilers. I wouldn't put it past one of them stumbling into a run. 

The NFC is a bit more clear cut. With The Cowboys, Packers, Bucs Cards & Rams being clear frontrunners. Saints are a Dark Horse but a still so inconsistent. 

Much like the AFC West, the NFC West is also top heavy, Rams & Cardinals will probably be fighting for the division until the very last day. And IDK if it's just me, but even if the Cardinals get the #1 Seed, something about them screams 1 & done to me.  

Seahawks & 49ers seem like they're on their last legs now, like Denver & KC maybe they could be a spoiler team and sneak their way into the playoffs. 

I tell you what, though: if the Snatit stay smothering on defense like they did tonight--and on the road, on the west coast, no less--and learn to soundly beat the teams they should (*cough*JETS*cough*), you're staring another solid dark horse straight in the teeth. They do say that defense wins championships, and tonight they balled out of their minds, especially Jeffrey Simmons. And Ryan Tannehill actually wasn't terrible without Derrick Henry. 

All I'm saying is don't sleep on the Snatit just yet.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

After this year, I would be absolutely fascinated to see someone do a study of NFL games with the most egregious ref calls and their impact on the gambling line. It has to be the only explanation for how consistently garbage the refereeing has been the last several years. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

That whole crew tonight should never be allowed to officiate an NFL game again. I’ve never seen a ref purposely hit a player with his own body and then call a penalty on that player for “touching an official”.

How absurd.

NFL refs have been downright awful for the last half decade but that was the most egregious example of it, and most unprofessional NFL ref, I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Corrente has a reputation of being the worst NFL official and even he took that another level tonight. Disgraceful. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

That whole crew tonight should never be allowed to officiate an NFL game again. I’ve never seen a ref purposely hit a player with his own body and then call a penalty on that player for “touching an official”.

How absurd.

NFL refs have been downright awful for the last half decade but that was the most egregious example of it, and most unprofessional NFL ref, I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Corrente has a reputation of being the worst NFL official and even he took that another level tonight. Disgraceful. 

The penalty was for taunting, no?  It was still a ridiculous call and I'm not convinced it wasn't because of the contact, though. 

Yeah, this guy needs to be fired. 

Jfc... he's taunting the guy he's penalizing for taunting. Unreal. 

IUe6Hvh.png

To win in Pittsburgh you always have to overcome at least one egregiously bad call that benefits them. The onus is on the visiting team to play perfectly while the Steelers can do whatever they want. I don't know why, but it's been that way for as long as I've been watching football. 

• Like 8

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

To win in Pittsburgh you always have to overcome at least one egregiously bad call that benefits them. The onus is on the visiting team to play perfectly while the Steelers can do whatever they want. I don't know why, but it's been that way for as long as I've been watching football. 

You ain't hardly the only one. I lived there for seven years and witnessed exactly what you mentioned (plus some) year in and year out while there; it's still going on today. 

On the topic of officiating, I really do try to keep as objective a perspective as I can, because the truth of the matter is that some of the things officials see in real time that they get right is also amazing in their own rights. I'm talking about knees barely grazing the ground but the player not being down, fingertip grabs of the ball inches if not a half-inch off the grass--but yet those don't get talked about. I know we have one who used to officiate in our midst, so I'll let him speak on that more.  All that said, human nature is such that we don't comment on the good stuff, oh but when it turns bad all the tongues (and/or fingertips) get unleashed.

All of that said, the bad has gotten egregiously bad over the past couple years, and last night was another perfect example of why more and more people are wondering how much the betting line is affecting these officials, which would then plausibly presume that either they, or the league office, is/are in the bed with the bookies, and if so, are the officials under any pressure from their superiors to "monitor calls so as to preserve the betting line"? That plus the proliferation of fantasy football (which I've long felt was the major driving force behind all the rule changes favoring offenses--think about it, you draft individual offensive players but then draft entire defenses) leads me to suspect there's a deeper profit motive going on. At the end of the day, pro sports is pretty much entertainment anyway.  

Now, all of that said...yeah, Pittsburgh has probably gotten more preferential treatment and benefits of questionable calls (or, in the blatant case of the non-called late hit on Justin Fields that just about knocked him out of the game) than just about any team out there short of the Brady-led Patriots over the years.  What that's about, I don't know, but the proof has been in the pudding. 

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||