2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

.... and what if it was a Pats-Bucs super bowl? 

Might be the most polarizing bowl ever - not over which team anyone wants to win, but whether to watch at all.  There's so many people with Patriots and Brady fatigue that may not watch it at all, but then for folks like me, that would be a dream match-up.  Chances are we'll be stuck with a rematch of Super Bowl LII with a backup QB (Gardner Minshew) defeating the Patriots just like a backup (Big Dick Nick Foles) defeated them 4 years ago, but I'll settle for Pats v Bucs.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Patriots vs. Buccaneers SuperBowl would have people convinced the NFL is more rigged that the WWE. 

Anyone who thinks it isn't is naïve.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wellp, it looks like a little refball is helping Pittsburgh back into this game...because of course it is.

(As if Minnesota couldn't do that on their own...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You know in a really great game when people say it’s a shame that somebody had to lose the game? It is a shame that somebody had to win this game.

I hate the Vikings.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It was 23-0 at halftime and my Steelers friend texted me and said "we look like ass. This is over". I said "I'm going to bed because it's not over and I don't want to watch the Steelers come back and win and be pissed off or watch the Steelers come back and sweat through them almost winning and be pissed off." I watched half an episode of Star Trek Discovery and fell asleep instead. Looks like I was right and I'm very pleased with my decision. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, Sport said:

It was 23-0 at halftime and my Steelers friend texted me and said "we look like ass. This is over". I said "I'm going to bed because it's not over and I don't want to watch the Steelers come back and win and be pissed off or watch the Steelers come back and sweat through them almost winning and be pissed off." I watched half an episode of Star Trek Discovery and fell asleep instead. Looks like I was right and I'm very pleased with my decision. 

Yeah but you did miss Chase Claypool acting like a complete knucklehead and doing the whole “move the chains” celebration that dudes do, except he spent 5-10 seconds doing that when the Steelers had no timeouts and desperately needed to spike the ball. 

Steelers players acting immature/cocky and costing their team in the long run, name a better duo. 

• Like 6

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Yeah but you did miss Chase Claypool acting like a complete knucklehead and doing the whole “move the chains” celebration that dudes do, except he spent 5-10 seconds doing that when the Steelers had no timeouts and desperately needed to spike the ball. 

Steelers players acting immature/cocky and costing their team in the long run, name a better duo. 

Claypool is proving to be a real sh**head so he fits with the Steelers perfectly. He was just fined 8 grand for trying to rip the helmet off of a Bengals cornerback when the Steelers were down 30 something in the fourth quarter a couple weeks ago.

When the team was 7-0 last year he tweeted "Losing? Never heard of her." and they're 11-11-1 since including 3 straight losses to our Beautiful Boys in Stripes. Earlier this season he followed up that with "I was the first one in my family to go and finish college. I graduated from one of the most prestigious universities in the world. I bought both my parents brand new cars at the age of 21. At the age of 22 I bought my family and I a house. Losing? Still never heard of her." Okay, cool for you, bud, but the first tweet was specifically talking about football and everyone knows that so cope away, I guess. 

I like to listen to the Locked On Steelers podcast after they lose because I think it's fun to hear people grapple with losing for the first time ever. After the Bengals game the host was going on and on about how Claypool's behavior wasn't befitting of the class expected of a Steeler. I had to relisten to that section because I couldn't believe it. The "class" of the Steelers??? LOL only the Raiders are less classy, but at least they have the decency to own and celebrate the title. They don't pretend to be something they're not. Almost every safety rule in the NFL rulebook can be traced back to a Steeler's dirty hit. GTFOH with class. The Towel-Wavers really live in a different reality. I can't believe they're 6-6-1. They're the crappiest 6-6 team I've ever seen. 

• Like 7

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Crabcake said:

3 hours ago, Sport said:

Claypool is proving to be a real sh**head so he fits with the Steelers perfectly. He was just fined 8 grand for trying to rip the helmet off of a Bengals cornerback when the Steelers were down 30 something in the fourth quarter a couple weeks ago.

Claypool has quickly become one of my least favorite Steelers. Remember last year when he said "the Browns are going to get clapped next week so it's all good" on his livestream after the Browns ended their season? I'm not sure what was more embarrassing - the Steelers playoff performance or the fact their butthurt receiver was trash talking the team that just spanked him. He went on to say the Browns were acting classless because they were making fun of Juju's dancing. I personally couldn't care less if Juju wants to pretend he is iCarly and make a million videos of himself dancing, that is his choice. But don't be surprised when the other team mocks you for it - especially after you belittle your opponent to the media with the "Browns is the Browns" comment. 

Sorry for ranting, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Chase Claypool is chump. 

• Like 8

T1oYViW.png

2 hours ago, Glover said:

Claypool has quickly become one of my least favorite Steelers. Remember last year when he said "the Browns are going to get clapped next week so it's all good" on his livestream after the Browns ended their season? I'm not sure what was more embarrassing - the Steelers playoff performance or the fact their butthurt receiver was trash talking the team that just spanked him. He went on to say the Browns were acting classless because they were making fun of Juju's dancing. I personally couldn't care less if Juju wants to pretend he is iCarly and make a million videos of himself dancing, that is his choice. But don't be surprised when the other team mocks you for it - especially after you belittle your opponent to the media with the "Browns is the Browns" comment. 

Sorry for ranting, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Chase Claypool is chump. 

I've never heard an athlete make a comment before that was so reminiscent of a basement-dwelling Redditor when someone talks trash about their team.  Him saying that is the absolute embodiment of immaturity.  The worst part is is that the dude is a WR1.5 at absolute best (and that's while playing opposite a legit WR1 (Diontae Johnson) in an offense that usually has to throw close to 50 times a game because their O-line is nonexistent), so it's not like he's the best player in the league to be able to back it up.

I'll never hate another Steelers player like I hated Hines Ward, but Claypool is doing a nice job carrying the torch for the Steelers' WR room.

• Like 4

spacer.png

Steelers have always had, call it a "culture  problem". 

They put up with egos for the sake of talent (AB, Juju, Bell, now Claypool) but don't really do anything to curb those egos. Which ends up costing them on the field. That's a failing on Both Tomlin & Ben. Ben has said before it's "not my job" to be a leader and Tomlin has really just dug himself a rut in Pittsburgh that he refuses to stray from. 

I'm curious what they'll do this offseason assuming Ben does retire. They're better off just going for a straight rebuild top to bottom (to bad they don't have a 1st round pick). 

Not that it will happen, But even Tomlin should go. He's a fantastic coach but he seems to have gotten way too complacent in Pittsburgh. I think a change of scenery would be best for him & the team. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Steelers have always had, call it a "culture  problem". 

They put up with egos for the sake of talent (AB, Juju, Bell, now Claypool) but don't really do anything to curb those egos. Which ends up costing them on the field. That's a failing on Both Tomlin & Ben. Ben has said before it's "not my job" to be a leader and Tomlin has really just dug himself a rut in Pittsburgh that he refuses to stray from. 

I'm curious what they'll do this offseason assuming Ben does retire. They're better off just going for a straight rebuild top to bottom (to bad they don't have a 1st round pick). 

Not that it will happen, But even Tomlin should go. He's a fantastic coach but he seems to have gotten way too complacent in Pittsburgh. I think a change of scenery would be best for him & the team. 

I was working on composing a post earlier arguing this same point--particularly about how Tomlin's complacency has been, for years, a huge contributor to the culture issue--but yours is more concise and to the point, so I'll just say: +1.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||