2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

Yeah my family and I were lambasting the call initially by Harbaugh but after cooling down a little bit I completely understand why.  The defense allowed 17 points in the 4th quarter.  They were gassed and almost certainly would've given up a TD on the first Steelers possession.  Marlon Humphrey also got injured so we had no corners.

You won't find many bigger Lamar fans than me, but he cost us that game.  Took six sacks and by my memory almost every single one of them were a result of him holding the ball too long.  And that INT was inexcusable.  That honestly is what cost us the game, it's at least a three-point swing in a game we lost by one.  Tough scenes.

The offense has not looked good since Miami.  Roman and Lamar need to find a way to beat the blitz or it's curtains for this offense in 2021.  A combination of Lamar getting the ball out quicker and Roman scheming up quick passes to the middle of the field (or at least letting Lamar hot route/audible at the LOS) will be a huge help.

When Pittsburgh wins, America loses.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Absolutely. It’s been a combination of good coaching, high-end talent bailing us out of awful situations (that we largely put ourselves in), and pure luck. It was bound to run out at some point. 

With Humphrey now confirmed out for the season, if we manage to sneak into the playoffs we are the biggest one and done lock you can have. Sometimes injuries ruin your season, it sucks but that’s football. At least I get to enjoy Lamar Jackson being my quarterback (although even that hasn’t been very fun the last few games). 

• Like 2

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Yeah my family and I were lambasting the call initially by Harbaugh but after cooling down a little bit I completely understand why.  The defense allowed 17 points in the 4th quarter.  They were gassed and almost certainly would've given up a TD on the first Steelers possession.  Marlon Humphrey also got injured so we had no corners.

You won't find many bigger Lamar fans than me, but he cost us that game.  Took six sacks and by my memory almost every single one of them were a result of him holding the ball too long.  And that INT was inexcusable.  That honestly is what cost us the game, it's at least a three-point swing in a game we lost by one.  Tough scenes.

The offense has not looked good since Miami.  Roman and Lamar need to find a way to beat the blitz or it's curtains for this offense in 2021.  A combination of Lamar getting the ball out quicker and Roman scheming up quick passes to the middle of the field (or at least letting Lamar hot route/audible at the LOS) will be a huge help.

When Pittsburgh wins, America loses.

I'll second almost all of this.  My wife and daughter were second guessing the decision before they ran the play.  My son and I were completely fine with it as soon as we saw the offense was still on the field.  As you said, the defense hadn't stopped the Steelers since the 3rd quarter . . . and we didn't even know about the Humphrey injury.  At that point, there was a very real chance the Ravens would never have seen the ball if the Steelers won the coin toss.

I also have no problem with the actual play call.  If T.J. Watt wasn't T.J. Watt, Lamar doesn't have to step forward and throw a flatter ball almost parallel to the line of scrimmage.  In that case, he could have pretty much lobbed it up for a walk-in.  As it was, the difference between victory and defeat was probably 6-12 inches.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I hope the Packers put up 50 points before halftime this Sunday night.  I hope everybody in green and gold in the stands is rolling in laughter.  I hope the broadcast team are wiping tears from their eyes, cracking up that such a lousy team exists, only to be fed to the Football God here in Green Bay.

I hope they run the typical "here's how many quarterbacks each franchise has had" reel.  I hope the Bears have a dozen mismanaged timeouts, illegal formations, and ineligible receiver penalties, and just as many dropped passes.  I hope they show Virginia McCaskey up in some booth, frail and miserable, her bug-eyed son George walking around nearby, and Matt Nagy screaming from the sidelines as his team has the wrong personnel on the field for the umpteenth time.

I hope they show shots of Akiem Hicks, Allen Robinson, Danny Trevathan, and Khalil Mack on the sideline in street clothes, getting paid millions not to play.  I hope we see Nick Foles sipping Gatorade, wondering why he's even there, but loving that he's getting paid so much to do so.  I hope it's a wake up call for a franchise that like it's owner has needed to go to Jesus for years now but simply refuses because that would mean progress.

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I hope the Packers put up 50 points before halftime this Sunday night.  I hope everybody in green and gold in the stands is rolling in laughter.  I hope the broadcast team are wiping tears from their eyes, cracking up that such a lousy team exists, only to be fed to the Football God here in Green Bay.

I hope they run the typical "here's how many quarterbacks each franchise has had" reel.  I hope the Bears have a dozen mismanaged timeouts, illegal formations, and ineligible receiver penalties, and just as many dropped passes.  I hope they show Virginia McCaskey up in some booth, frail and miserable, her bug-eyed son George walking around nearby, and Matt Nagy screaming from the sidelines as his team has the wrong personnel on the field for the umpteenth time.

I hope they show shots of Akiem Hicks, Allen Robinson, Danny Trevathan, and Khalil Mack on the sideline in street clothes, getting paid millions not to play.  I hope we see Nick Foles sipping Gatorade, wondering why he's even there, but loving that he's getting paid so much to do so.  I hope it's a wake up call for a franchise that like it's owner has needed to go to Jesus for years now but simply refuses because that would mean progress.

I'll try to do my part.

On the serious side - the old saying about 'you can't fire the owner' is true in both Chicago and Detroit. Does Ted Phillips have pictures of someone, or is he related?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

23 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'll try to do my part.

On the serious side - the old saying about 'you can't fire the owner' is true in both Chicago and Detroit. Does Ted Phillips have pictures of someone, or is he related?

Phillips worked for the Bears for a long time before emerging as a loudmouth pain in the ass that was willing to take on the Daley machine on behalf of the Bears in the late 90s during a tenuous exercise over Soldier Field.  They ultimately reached an unsatisfying conclusion that left everybody looking stupid, but the McCaskeys, fishbellied and ignorant as they are, virtually adopted Phillips and he's a co-owner in all but title.

Even when Virginia dies, they almost certainly won't sell, and Phillips will too only leave when he dies.

So basically being a Bears fan is waiting for all the right people to die so that hopefully  someday someone who owns the franchise won't be utterly, brazenly incompetent.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've been saying this since the start of last season. The Bills have no run game and that is why they won't win the Super Bowl. If your QB is constantly the leading rusher, you have a problem.

NE won with practically no passing. They're the best team in the AFC and it sucks.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I've been saying this since the start of last season. The Bills have no run game and that is why they won't win the Super Bowl. If your QB is constantly the leading rusher, you have a problem.

NE won with practically no passing. They're the best team in the AFC and it sucks.

I hate this season now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It would be funny (to at least me) if Belichick got one without Brady, one year after Brady got one without him, again throwing into doubt who was more responsible.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It would be funny (to at least me) if Belichick got one without Brady, one year after Brady got one without him, again throwing into doubt who was more responsible.

Most definitely not the outcome I am rooting for, but wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. 

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

.... and what if it was a Pats-Bucs super bowl? 

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.