2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

It was just a smarmy tongue-in-cheek response on Macafee's show because the hosts kept ribbing him to say what the injury was. He also said earlier in the interview it was a bone-related injury and that surgery was an option, which doesn't line up with the covid toe idea. I mean he could be lying about that and doing some sort of double-agent meta joke about how he actually does have covid toe, but if we're operating on that many layers of irony I'm outta here.

Rodgers has had the toe injury since before contracting COVID. It’s not COVID toe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

790 million for St Louis.... all eyes on Oakland.

Unless Gruden and that mop-headed spawn of Al Davis were in some conspiracy to deprive Oakland of a team, I’m not seeing it happen. 

Like St. Louis, I think Oakland just isn’t an attractive enough city to keep a team. At least with Detroit and Cleveland, you have a big enough suburban population to draw fans and money from to keep multiple teams there, but I’m not seeing it for the East Bay. 

• Like 2

So goddam sick and tired of Detroit being on Thanksgiving every year.  There should be some requirement that the team maintains at least some minimal level of success over a period of time (even if it's only 7-10) to maintain this slot.  It's such a waste every single year when there's so many other teams that could benefit from the national exposure.

I don't think it's extreme to suggest that the Lions are the worst franchise in the history of north american sports.

• Like 9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I don't think it's extreme to suggest that the Lions are the worst franchise in the history of north american sports.

I’d suggest the Sacramento Kings as being the only real rival for that title. Either them or the Florida Panthers/Phoenix Coyotes.

From my Milwaukee experience, it seems the rest of the NFC North pities the Lions more than dislikes them. That’s not a good place to be in your division.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’d suggest the Sacramento Kings as being the only real rival for that title. Either them or the Florida Panthers/Phoenix Coyotes.

From my Milwaukee experience, it seems the rest of the NFC North pities the Lions more than dislikes them. That’s not a good place to be in your division.

I'd suggest the Leafs more than even the Panthers or Coyotes to take the crown of "most depressing NHL team", honestly. 19,931 days without a Cup and 6,428 days without a series win in the playoffs are impressively terrible numbers, and Florida looks primed to win a series this year.

26 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I'd suggest the Leafs more than even the Panthers or Coyotes to take the crown of "most depressing NHL team", honestly. 19,931 days without a Cup and 6,428 days without a series win in the playoffs are impressively terrible numbers, and Florida looks primed to win a series this year.

At least the Leafs have everything before 1967. The Panthers don’t have anything aside from a cup appearance ages ago. The Leafs aren’t in a stadium shell game, either. 

I was going to say, it feels like the Lions play on Thanksgiving every year. Is there a reason for that? 

Patriots last played Thanksgiving in 2010 I think? Can't even remember the last time other teams like Raiders, Chiefs, Steelers or 49ers did. 

It's a tradition; Has been for decades.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-the-cowboys-and-lions-always-play-on-thanksgiving-day-nfl-teams-records-on-the-holiday/

I'd love the NFL to have different hosts on Thanksgiving. The Lions are always irrelevant and the Cowboys already get too much exposure. Considering how long it's gone on, I highly doubt the league will strip them of the privilege's.

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

It's a tradition; Has been for decades.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-the-cowboys-and-lions-always-play-on-thanksgiving-day-nfl-teams-records-on-the-holiday/

I'd love the NFL to have different hosts on Thanksgiving. The Lions are always irrelevant and the Cowboys already get too much exposure. Considering how long it's gone on, I highly doubt the league will strip them of the privilege's.

Well it's nice to see the Lions are  keeping up the Thanksgiving tradition in more ways than 1. 

My only issue with the Cowboys losing on Thursday is that I can't watch them lose on Sunday.  Sounded like a road game for them anyway... as usual.  

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So sick of the Cowboys.

Yes the officials were awful, yes the Raiders were the overwhelming beneficiaries from the atrocious officiating we saw, and yes the Cowboys are missing a ton of players, but if their damn kicker makes an XP, they win the game. 

Until this team actually shows something in the playoffs, I ain’t expecting them to do anything other than maybe, maybe win one wildcard game then get bounced in the divisional round. Like they always do. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

15 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

if their damn kicker makes an XP, they win the game. 

That's foolish.  It's impossible to predict how the game plays out from that point on if the score was not what it was.  It's not a stretch to think LV plays things different if they're behind rather than tied or ahead.

It's great that Dallas built that 100,000 person masterpiece just for Eagles, Steelers, Packers, and apparently Raiders fans to fill it.  Goddam joke of a franchise that exists just for nostalgia and for other team's fans' road trips.

• Like 6