2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

33 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Better comparison for the Lions game might be the Knicks Christmas game. Every year, no matter how terrible, they get the nooner on Christmas Day. Though that game's also a weird spot where although it's a Christmas Day game, it's probably moreso a cornerstone of a NYC Jewish Christmas where it kickstarts the Chinese Food and a Movie tradition, so I dunno if it's real apples to apples comparison

It was a funny thing when the NBA took that away in favor of putting the Nets at home for the Christmas noon game when they first moved to Brooklyn. (One of them I went to, not because I'm Jewish, just a heathen Catholic. It was the only time I'd ever seen life in Barclays.)

Still, all of that is relatively new, as well; the NBA was always more into scheduling whomever would be a big draw, especially back in the 90s and early 00s when they'd only have 2 or 3 games during the day. The NBA going wild with the five-game Christmas thing has maybe given them opportunity to retroactively anoint traditions like that one, sort of the opposite direction of the NFL scheduling the third "something good, please" game to make up for the garbage possibilities from Dallas and Detroit.

• Like 4

Just now, Glover said:

Steelers getting smacked. Love to see it. 

I don’t even care if it’s worse for the Ravens. I live to see the Steelers get humiliated like this. 

• Like 7

spacer.png

On 11/26/2021 at 11:18 AM, RyanMcD29 said:

it's probably moreso a cornerstone of a NYC Jewish Christmas where it kickstarts the Chinese Food and a Movie tradition

My dad was always so annoyed when we'd go to the movies and the theatre would be packed.
"It used to be that the Christians stayed home and we had the town to ourselves!"

• Like 1

I'm so frustrated New England is good again. It's not fair. New England and Golden State should have had the decency to disappear for 5 seasons. We need a break.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

On the bright side for Tennessee, is there any doubt Vrabel is winning Coach of the year?

Henry is out and he's still able to get 2 guys over 100 yards rushing.  All while being the most injured team in the league. 

They still got six games to go--plus whatever playoff games they manage to play, if they make it--but yeah, the fact that the Snatit are still as competitive as they are (barring last week because that, especially in light of today's game, was about as Snatit as Snatit can get) despite being chewed up, garbled, spit out, reconsumed and then defaulted by the injury bug this season is a definite testament to the culture and mindset Vrabel has instilled in his team.  I mean, they put a scout-teamer out there today and the dude went for a buck-plus on the ground--along with their used-to-be-third-stringer, who also cracked the century mark (because, again, their usual third-down back, Jeremy McNichols, is also out injured along with King Henry)--which in itself actually is a testament to Tennessee's offensive line, which has been much-maligned (and deservedly so) over the past few years--oh and which itself has been bit by the injury bug. 

I done lost track of how many DBs they've lost to injury so far this season, and it seems like they just lost another LB today. Yet for all that, somehow they managed to keep it together in the first half (while leaving four points and a possible six plus one on the field). I don't know for how long they can keep this up, but the funny thing is they're now starting to remind me of, oh, I don't know...the team they just played today, also chock full of a bunch of dont-nobody-know-their-names who are also balling their behinds off right now. Except they ain't all injured. And speaking of that squad...

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm so frustrated New England is good again. It's not fair. New England and Golden State should have had the decency to disappear for 5 seasons. We need a break.

Imma level here: I ain't even mad at the Patriots--at least not this iteration. Tom Brady gone now, so is Gronkowski. And without them no one thought that team was gonna amount to two scoops of poop this season...and yet, here we are, and there they are, right back up top of the AFC rankings. What this shows, though *putting non-rose-tinted objective glasses on* is both the coaching prowess, and genius, of one Bill Belichick, who actually might just steal CoY away from his former linebacker once it's all said and done. I can't, and won't, be mad about that.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Belichick no doubt deserves a nod for Coach of the year for the team he put together, but given what Tennessee has been playing through, and still putting together decent games, I can't imagine anyone else but Vrabel winning it. 

Honestly this is going to sound arrogant as hell, but Belichick is above the award at this point. No serious person doubts he is one of, if not the greatest coach in NFL history. 

Mac is also making a stronger & stronger case for Rookie of the year. Heis deep ball is getting better and most importantly he's limiting his mistakes. Titans Defense really bogged down the patriots run game so it was up to Mac to make those passes. 

Also next time people complain about Belichick's drafting, point them to J.C. Jackson. 

37 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So how long before OBJ starts yelling at Sean McVay and Matthew Stafford demanding the ball 100% of the time?

I had a suspicion this may happen. Rams were already loaded on offense (even without Woods) so I have no idea why he went there when there are plenty of teams where he could have been the #1 guy.  Money talks I guess.   

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:26 PM, Glover said:

Steelers getting smacked. Love to see it. 

On 11/28/2021 at 2:27 PM, Crabcake said:

I don’t even care if it’s worse for the Ravens. I live to see the Steelers get humiliated like this. 

ryan_finley_teeth.0.png

You can tell who the true evil is by how they unite enemies. Look at Browns, Ravens, and Bengals fans coming together to bask in the Steelers' finally having to eat s***. It's truly inspiring. 

That's 3 straight wins over the Towels for our Beautiful Boys in Stripes. I have been waiting to see the Bengals lay an ass-kicking like that on the Steelers for my entire life and I don't really get emotional about sports results anymore, but I was fired up to finally experience that. It was as good as I'd ever imagined. After the first game Tyler Boyd said the Steelers quit (which they totally did) and every Steelers fan online said "BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL KEEP YOUR HEAD ON A SWIVEL BOYD!" and "We'll have TJ Watt back so get ready" and then it didn't matter. At all. Delicious. 

If the Bengals hadn't put in the backups with an entire quarter to play they could've won that game by fifty. They had to put in backups, though, because the Steelers, as is their custom, started to get dirty and frustrated. Also super f******g embarrassing to have Roethlisberger and the first team out there down 30 in garbage time trying to lead a scoring drive with under two minutes left against the Bengals second team defense. Just kind of sad and pathetic. I'd be embarrassed for them if they weren't the most despicable team in the history of organized athletics. 

• Like 11

PvO6ZWJ.png

17 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

I'm putting my Rams into this as well. 😔

My expectation was wild card berth and see how the chips fall from there.

Not hugely disappointed; this is what happens when you have no depth.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)