2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

15 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

It's actually nice to not have a favorite out of either conference. That being said, it's hard for me enjoy it when New England and Pittsburgh are still in it.

Don't forget the Chiefs suddenly being back in it. 

Nature is healing. 🙃

47 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Dallas: *averages almost 35 PPG*

Also Dallas: 9 points; take it or leave it.

The Jekyll and Hyde PTSD flashbacks...they're back...

To be fair, the Cowboys were also missing 5 starters but I’m also damn sick of these Cowboys falling flat on their face every time they face a test. This has been the consistent theme throughout Jerry’s ownership once Jimmy left. 

Now, I had this as a loss before the season started and nothing this past week leading up to it made me think the Cowboys were going to win this game. This is still a 7-3 team and one of the contenders. So I don’t think this is time to overreact at all.

But if they lose to the Raiders on thanksgiving, then some serious questions will need to be raised. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

10 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Dallas: *averages almost 35 PPG*

Also Dallas: 9 points; take it or leave it.

The Jekyll and Hyde PTSD flashbacks...they're back...

Brings back to mind this classic...

BYw8ZwMCQAI_8oo?format=jpg&name=large

(Relax, Dallas fans...it's just a joke.)

14 hours ago, waltere said:

WTF even is this league this year?

Is there any single team which is actually really good?

I'm catching serious 2007 CFB vibes with this whole NFL season--only without the monumental OMGWTH-upset-from-out-of-nowhere to jump the season off. I mean, look it: just about every supposed-to-be top-tier team has taken key losses this season--including Green Bay today at Minnesota (five dollars to anyone who saw that coming). Buffalo hasn't looked at all like the top-flight AFC contender they were ballyhooed to be pre-season--which got underscored by being beat by the Jaguars. The Rams were riding high after beating the entire league's favorite team, Tampa Bay--and then whoosh, how quick that ship started sinking. Kansas City is starting to win again, but earlier this season they looked all kinds of out of sorts, underscored by getting thoroughly annihilated in Tennessee. And speaking of supposed-to-be top AFC teams, the Snatit went full-Snatit today because of course the Snatit went full-Snatit. (I could have half-excused their early-season loss at the Jets; today, even despite being throughly chewed up by the injury bug, they had no excuse, especially on their home field.) Sticking with the AFC South, absolutely no one thought anything about the Colts; now they're starting to look like they may be a problem the rest of the way. And while we're speaking of problems, what the heck happened to Baltimore? I mean, getting beat by the Dolphins--who also won up in New York today--was pretty telling, and in prime time, no less. I don't know how to call Cincinnati right now...they were looking for real up until they played the Jets--which gave Gang Green two wins over two of the AFC's top teams, the Bengals and the Snatit, go figure. And while we're figuring, who had Arizona as the last team to lose a game this season (a game which they still came very close to winning)? 

Tampa lost to the Footballs last week, and didn't exactly look great in doing so. No one's afraid of Seattle right now. Cleveland was looking strong, and then...well, you know. The Bears seem to be finding a little bit of a groove, and even the Vikings have strung together two straight wins--one on the road against a favored AFC contender in the Chargers, and today against the Pack (and came from behind to do it--what Vikings are these?). New Orleans isn't looking so great, while Philly, another team not thought to be much of a threat, is on a winning streak of their own--on the road at Denver, and at home versus the aforementioned Saints. Dallas just got pasted by the Chefs, and very nearly lost to the also-not-thought-to-be-much-of-a-threat Patriots, who to me is one of the real surprises of the season, and who also are looking like they'll be a BIG threat the rest of the way. So far, the only two teams i can think of who've been consistently trash are the Giants and Lions--who just tied and if not for some egregious refball could have beaten the media-hyped-resurgent Steelers (who also almost got beat by the Bears again despite some blatantly obvious refball).  I could add Jacksonville to the trash pile, too, for what it's worth. And trash is exactly the performance we got from Atlanta, who took falcing up to a new level of low Thursday night. 

All of this is to say...who knows anything about anything this season. For all we know we could go through all this chaos and still get two of the "bluebloods" in the Super Bowl--or some other team could catch fire in a bottle a la the '08 Cardinals and get Jean-Claude Van Damme spinning roundhouse-kicked backwards into the playoffs, get up, get hot, get opportunistic, and crash the party against the NFL's 33rd team...the Zebras.

Who the heck even knows anymore??? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My biggest thought about the Bengals-Raiders game yesterday is they need to end the indoor grass experiment tomorrow and put in some artificial turf. The grass in that place is dangerous and I was nervous Joe Burrow was gonna retear his acl the entire game. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 hours ago, Sport said:

My biggest thought about the Bengals-Raiders game yesterday is they need to end the indoor grass experiment tomorrow and put in some artificial turf. The grass in that place is dangerous and I was nervous Joe Burrow was gonna retear his acl the entire game. 

Actually, the Raiders play on a grass surface that rolls in and out of the stadium much like Arizona's but I don't hear complaints there. Also, UNLV plays on an artificial surface below.  

But then again, maintaining a lawn in the desert isn't always a practical thing to do. 

I saw, I came, I left.

Not sure how much an advantage this is, but the Eagles took their last flight of the season over a week ago.  Starting with last weekend's home game with the Saints, their remaining games are either at home, or in NY or DC, so they won't be getting on a plane again.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/22/2021 at 1:40 AM, rainmaker17 said:

Not sure this parity thing is actually good for the shield. 

I’d say not knowing what the hell will happen next is good for ratings anyway. If more fans are interested because their team still has a chance, then they’re more likely to buy tickets, merch, etc. And then teams make more money and thus the league makes more money. 

I’d say it’s better than the NBA where last year notwithstanding you could usually predict who would be in the Finals year after year after year. 

• Like 1

I wonder if he'd trade having taken the vaccine in the off-season for having foot leprosy.

“No lingering effects, other than the Covid Toe,” Rodgers said Tuesday on the Pat McAfee show. 

Covid Toe is a casual name for something medically known as pernio or chilblains, which is a condition that causes symptoms such as discoloration and lesions. It can be extremely painful and turn the toes purple. 

The injury was so problematic during the team’s game last Sunday, a loss to the Minnesota Vikings, that Rodgers headed to the locker room before halftime to tend to the ailment. His backup, Jordan Love, took the final kneel-down ahead of the break. Rodgers, afterward, described it as “very, very painful.” 

Rodgers elaborated on it more Tuesday, saying on the sports talk show that while he was in a great deal of pain, sitting out games isn’t an option. He also indicated that the issue is primarily with his fifth, or pinkie, toe. 

“I have an injury that’s not going away,” he said. 

The condition can be so painful that some patients report difficulty wearing shoes. But throwing on a pair of cleats isn’t the only impediment between Rodgers and comfortably playing quarterback. It’s also the time of year and the location of his NFL franchise. 

One of the most critical factors that can exacerbate Covid Toe is cold weather. Rodgers happens to play for a team in Green Bay, Wis., where temperatures are expected to dip below 20 degrees this week. He already had to play through snow with the toe injury during the game against the Seahawks. 

Haha you dork. Maybe spread some of your girlfriend's essential oils on your rotten feet and see if you get better.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I wonder if he'd trade having taken the vaccine in the off-season for having foot leprosy.

Haha you dork. Maybe spread some of your girlfriend's essential oils on your rotten feet and see if you get better.

Lol @ falling for the covid toe line. I'd say it's pathetic a wall street "journalist" could take such obvious sarcasm at face value, but knowing the media he probably knew it was a joke and pushed the story anyway to get clicks.

• Yawn 1

1 hour ago, LMU said:

Good, now we don't have to hear whining anymore and with any luck there wasn't an expansion agreement thrown in.

Are there really any other cities that can support an NFL team that's willing to pay the costs to get them in? Other than San Diego, do we really feel any other city that currently doesn't have a team deserves one? I mean I heard Steeler fans cheering on the NBC broadcast on Sunday and they weren't the home team. I could see San Antonio city council trying to get a team here, but they would still need to build a new stadium, and that's not happening downtown. Austin? Same deal there, let alone the fact the Texans and Cowboys will be fighting that.  Mexico City? Would it pass an air quality check? Guadalajara has a newer stadium, but would Chivas be willing to share? London or Frankfurt? They'd be playing chunks of the season at home and on the road to limit jet lag. And playoffs would be an absolute pain. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Lol @ falling for the covid toe line. I'd say it's pathetic a wall street "journalist" could take such obvious sarcasm at face value, but knowing the media he probably knew it was a joke and pushed the story anyway to get clicks.

So the COVID toe is a lie? What's the angle?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

So the COVID toe is a lie? What's the angle?

It was just a smarmy tongue-in-cheek response on Macafee's show because the hosts kept ribbing him to say what the injury was. He also said earlier in the interview it was a bone-related injury and that surgery was an option, which doesn't line up with the covid toe idea. I mean he could be lying about that and doing some sort of double-agent meta joke about how he actually does have covid toe, but if we're operating on that many layers of irony I'm outta here.

• Like 1