2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

12 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Shouldn't have gone into overtime, but a win is a win. Kittle has been really upping his game over the last 2 weeks.

You're right. The Bengals should've won in regulation. 17 points off two muffed punts and a taunting penalty after a third down stop not to mention the dropped pick six in the final minute. Bengals gift wrapped that one with a bow. 

Giving up a touchdown drive with a 3 point lead  to lose against the 49ers - seen that movie somewhere before but I can't place *KILLS SELF*

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How so?

Was referring to the flag about the guy not coming back in bounds immediately that killed a muffed punt recovery.  It was kind of a crappy call, but this is the Packers we're talking about.  They may not have a bunch of titles, but the officials in this league are absolute softies for the Pack, and the Bears, well, let's just say the Bears don't have a lot of friends around the league.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

20 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Was referring to the flag about the guy not coming back in bounds immediately that killed a muffed punt recovery.  It was kind of a crappy call, but this is the Packers we're talking about.  They may not have a bunch of titles, but the officials in this league are absolute softies for the Pack, and the Bears, well, let's just say the Bears don't have a lot of friends around the league.

OK. I guess it sucks when rules are enforced, like the blow to the head of EQ on the punt return that negated that long punt return TD, which caused his concussion that took him out of the game.

Wait - that didn't get flagged? But ... we always get the calls?

It's where I sit.

The clownshow continues....

...And you know it's beyond bad when your #1 draft pick in a roundabout way called you out in front of the media for a decision the coach who drafted him made--and then stayed ducking from the whole rest of the week.

All of which is to say: it could be worse, bears fans...you could have Luigi Mario as an owner 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

29 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

OK. I guess it sucks when rules are enforced, like the blow to the head of EQ on the punt return that negated that long punt return TD, which caused his concussion that took him out of the game.

Wait - that didn't get flagged? But ... we always get the calls?

The Packers were certainly rudderless after that injury, I don't blame you for being upset.  Their season is spiraling down the tubes for sure. 

Don't go into "Screw this FIB, dumbass Bear fan!" typical Packerdom nonsense, please.  I acknowledge routinely that your franchise and evil quarterback are infinitely superior to the franchise I unfortunately root for; I will not extend the same courtesy to their "owners."

And I didn't say "the Packers always get the calls," I merely implied that if there is a tough decision to be made that would favor the Packers vs (insert non-elite franchise here), the Packers tend to be the benefactors in those situations.  I'm honestly extremely surprised Rodgers didn't get cushioned with a ton of roughing calls last night after the sacks in the first half.  A freak occurrence, I'm sure.

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

40 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The clownshow continues....

...And you know it's beyond bad when your #1 draft pick in a roundabout way called you out in front of the media for a decision the coach who drafted him made--and then stayed ducking from the whole rest of the week.

All of which is to say: it could be worse, bears fans...you could have Luigi Mario as an owner 🤦‍♂️

I don't understand why Meyer was sought after. Yeah, he has had a great career in college, but he's never been on the pro level and there were easily more qualified coaches out there that they could've went with. I knew this wasn't going to work out, everyone knew this wasn't going to work out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

The Packers were certainly rudderless after that injury, I don't blame you for being upset.  Their season is spiraling down the tubes for sure. 

Don't go into "Screw this FIB, dumbass Bear fan!" typical Packerdom nonsense, please.  I acknowledge routinely that your franchise and evil quarterback are infinitely superior to the franchise I unfortunately root for; I will not extend the same courtesy to their "owners."

And I didn't say "the Packers always get the calls," I merely implied that if there is a tough decision to be made that would favor the Packers vs (insert non-elite franchise here), the Packers tend to be the benefactors in those situations.  I'm honestly extremely surprised Rodgers didn't get cushioned with a ton of roughing calls last night after the sacks in the first half.  A freak occurrence, I'm sure.

Sorry if that was how I came off. It was not my intent.

Much like the Bear fan behind me in the stands last night, I don't care if you hate the rule and therefore hate the flag, or if you only hate it because it was called for the Packers/against the Bears. When a penalty is appropriately called, THEN I hate that it's being called out as a benefit the team who gains from the call (be that the Steelers, Patriots, Packers or Cowboys - probably the Big Four who get called out as being 'favorites'). Put another way, this penalty was appropriately called. If there's a complaint about a non-call that the Packers were handed, I'm happy to agree when they shouldn't get called (like the Roughing the Passer when Rodgers' facemask was lightly brushed, leading to the Hail Mary in Detroit -- horrible call that many/most QBs don't get).

So, if my gripe about a non-call that should have been made, as evidenced by an injury suffered in connection with what should have been a call is seen as being one of the dopey Packer fandom nonsense, I can't help it. Yes, Rodgers has gotten calls that other QBs haven't gotten. That's not to say that we haven't been the victim of similar calls. I'm of the opinion that NFL officiating is subpar, as opposed to evil.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How so?

The punt that the Packers miffed and the Bears recovered for a TD.

The call that brought that back could have gone either way and I'm sure if the team were reversed the Packers would have gotten a more favourable decision. 

17 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm of the opinion that NFL officiating is subpar, as opposed to evil.

I can't argue that, it is certainly garbage.  Apologies if I was rather barbed in my response.

• Like 2

twitter

39 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I can't argue that, it is certainly garbage.  Apologies if I was rather barbed in my response.

It was Packer-Bear talk (or Bear-Packer talk, depending on which side you are on 🙂). No apologies needed. 

53 minutes ago, IceCap said:

The punt that the Packers miffed and the Bears recovered for a TD.

The call that brought that back could have gone either way and I'm sure if the team were reversed the Packers would have gotten a more favourable decision. 

Again, the penalty was correctly called. A player on the punt team can't go out of bounds of their own volition, because they can't be touched/blocked by the receiving team while they are out of bounds. If they are blocked while OB, it's a penalty on the receiving team. This isn't something that happens often, and therefore it isn't called often, but it's a real easy call to make when it happens.

Put another way, what makes you say that call could have gone either way?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I don't understand why Meyer was sought after. Yeah, he has had a great career in college, but he's never been on the pro level and there were easily more qualified coaches out there that they could've went with. I knew this wasn't going to work out, everyone knew this wasn't going to work out.

He was only sought after in Jacksonville.  I don't think he was on anyone else's short list.  He's a hero there and they figured it was good for marketing or something - same reason they brought Tebow in for a cup of coffee.  I think they hired him hoping he'd be able to figure out how to coach professionals that he can't bully around like college kids, but that's clearly not the way it's working out.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Put another way, what makes you say that call could have gone either way?

I typed up a whole response but apparently it didn't post so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Short version is there's leeway on the rule in question. The Bears didn't get it. Packers would have. 

10 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I typed up a whole response but apparently it didn't post so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Short version is there's leeway on the rule in question. The Bears didn't get it. Packers would have. 

OK - I'm being 'that guy'. There's no leeway, or if there is, please point it out (are you confusing which penalty was called - that's all I can come up with):

ARTICLE 5. KICKING TEAM PLAYER VOLUNTARILY OUT OF BOUNDS. During a scrimmage kick that crosses the line of
scrimmage, and prior to the end of the kick, it is a foul if a kicking team player goes out of bounds voluntarily (without being
contacted by a receiving team player) to avoid a block by a receiving team player.
Penalty: Loss of five yards.
If a member of the kicking team is forced out of bounds, or goes out of bounds voluntarily, and does not attempt to return inbounds
in a reasonable amount of time, it is a foul for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. (12-3-1-v) 

NOTE - the penalty called was NOT for the citation in 12-3-1-v, which would have been a 15 yd penalty as opposed to 5 - (v) If a member of the kicking team is forced out of bounds, or goes out of bounds voluntarily, and does not attempt to return
inbounds in a reasonable amount of time.

It's where I sit.

15 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

OK - I'm being 'that guy'.

Yes. You are. I said I had a write-up and the forum ate it. I didn't write it again because once my attempt to post didn't work I didn't have the time. Are you trying to angle for a fight? 'cause I don't want one.

• Like 1