2021 NHL Offseason - Let's Get Kraken

spartacat_12

Pretty disturbing stuff although not surprising given hockey culture, especially a decade ago.

Still doesn't really tell us anything new about who all knew and to what degree. Hopefully we'll actually get some answers/justice when this investigation concludes, although I'm not getting my hopes up.

spacer.png

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a dark thought, but you have to wonder how many players who made fun of the victim were molested at one point themselves. Apparently the entire sport of hockey can't stop letting child molesters be involved for some reason.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A little change in topic here since this whole conversation has started to becoming depressing here..

The 2021-22 Schedule is now out. Among the big things from it..

-Opening Day [Tuesday, October 12th] Doubleheader on ESPN: Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay, followed by Seattle at Vegas

-TNT's opening doubleheader is the following day with the NY Rangers at Washington, followed by Chicago at Colorado

-Seattle's home debut is Saturday, October 23rd against soon to be rival Vancouver. This comes after a five game road trip to start.

-The NY Islanders will have a 13 game road trip to open their season before they open UBS Arena on Saturday, November 20th against Calgary.

-Tuesday, December 7th sees Montreal facing Tampa Bay for the first since the Stanley Cup Finals. Oh, and a month before that (November 6th) sees the Canadiens meeting Vegas for the first time since the Stanley Cup Semifinals.

-Minnesota hosts the Winter Classic at Target Field against St. Louis on New Year's Day on TNT

-Nashville will host Tampa Bay at Nissan Stadium for the Stadium Series this year. This game is on February 26th, also on TNT.

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

It's a dark thought, but you have to wonder how many players who made fun of the victim were molested at one point themselves. Apparently the entire sport of hockey can't stop letting child molesters be involved for some reason.

If you think about it junior hockey is basically the perfect trap for child molesters to use. Young boys get sent hundreds of miles away from home to live with strangers, which means they lean on their coaches and billet families to be their support system and bad people can take advantage of that vulnerability. They're also very easily manipulated because there's the threat of taking away their dream of playing in the NHL if they don't do X, Y, Z. It's so f****d. 

Jerry Sandusky, Larry Nassar, Michael Jackson, the OSU doctor that Jim Jordan didn't do anything about, etc etc - Child molesters create systems that allow for easy access to prey that also makes the victims dependent on them. I just saw this story yesterday about how Brad Aldrich, out of prison now after a separate molestation incident that happened after he left the Blackhawks, now runs a glass etching business in Michigan and how he uses a lot of high school and college aged interns and it's like HELLO! Alarm Bells! Red Flags! He's still doing it! 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Looks like it's the end of career for Shea Weber. Looking back on the 2016 trade, it wasn't as bad as orginally interpreted. PK's play declined not long after, Weber was still producing. Subban was dealt early, and the contract length caused critical discussions.

Overall, he had many good moments with the Canadiens and I thank him and wish him well. I don't see him coming back. The injuries seem too serious.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

FLETCHER WHAT THE :censored: ARE YOU SMOKING LMFAOOOOOOOOO

So basically the Flyers have traded Nolan Patrick, Phillipe Myers, Gostisbehere, Hagg, a 1st round pick (13th overall), two 2nds, and a 7th for Ryan Ellis & Ristolainen.

I'd say they've upgraded their d corps for now, but Risto could walk after this year & Ellis is going to be making $6.25 million until he's 36. 

Absolutely insane hockey day. And we haven’t even gotten into OEL to Vancouver, although at this point that’s being overshadowed by Seth Jones to Chicago. 

spacer.png

Are there any good defensemen in the free agent market this summer? The Bruins’ blue line was annihilated by the Islanders during the playoffs and I’m afraid they’ll be schlepping out the same defense next season. I’m not down for another “next year the prospects are gonna be SO GOOD” situation.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Not sure how to feel about Seth Jones; if he were as good as initially advertised, he wouldn't be on his third organization. 

Boqvvist should be useful for Columbus. I don't think calling him "the next Erik Karlsson" because he's Swedish did him any favors.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived